a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Comments on draw length for new bow

Comments on draw length for new bow

I'm relatively new to the sport i've only being shooting compound for about 8 weeks now. I'm just building a new set of arrows suited to my new bow. Before i cut my arrows i'd like to see if my draw length is correct, i hope that someone here can identify if my shoulder alignment is up to scratch or if i need to change some things around.

Any general form comments are welcome as well.

Thanks, Chad

And rear view

RULE NUMBER 1: NEVER DRAW A BOW WITHOUT AN ARROW

So don't do that again. You don't need to become another statistic.

With that being said, your draw elbow is too high from what I can tell and is out of plane with your bow arm. Increase the length of your d-loop a tad (not a bad idea for thumb releases anyway due to torque). Also, I think you need to raise your bow arm a bit as well as it looks like your bow shoulder is dropping a bit....or it could be that your draw shoulder is just raised to dang high along with the elbow.
    Hoyt Vector Turbo ** Tommy Hogg ** Paradigm Hammer ** TightSpot ** Limbdriver

Can I ask the What the dangers of drawi g a bow unloaded are? I understand dry firing but my finger was on the rear of the trigger?

The d loop is already about 3cm long. Perhaps lowering the anchor point. Would this drop the rear arm?

A d-loop can fail without giving much of a warning resulting in a dry fire. I can't tell to much from your video's and I have re-watched them a few times. Some static pictures that include your grip would help. If you want to lower your anchor point, try anchoring with the back of your jaw bone nestled between your index and middle finger knuckles. It also looks like your bow arm is over-extended, but that could just be the lighting.
    Hoyt Vector Turbo ** Tommy Hogg ** Paradigm Hammer ** TightSpot ** Limbdriver

Thanks for the comments I'll attempt to get some better photos / videos shortly

DL, looks perfect. .but remember this just because the bow says it 30 inches does NOT mean that that is 30 inches, all bows makers are different...so if you getting a new bow make SURE you know what your getting...

Quote Originally Posted by mike 66 View Post
    DL, looks perfect. .but remember this just because the bow says it 30 inches does NOT mean that that is 30 inches, all bows makers are different...so if you getting a new bow make SURE you know what your getting...
    I'll be staying with this bow but need arrows cut to length

x2 to never drawing a bow without an arrow nocked. you never know what might happen. the release might malfunction and fire on you, d-loop might break or come untied, string might just snap. who knows man, but it's best to just nock one and cover your arse.
    2012 Rytera Nemesis -- Limbsaver Windjammer 7" Stabilizer -- Sword Twilight Hunter -- QAD HD Bone Collector Drop Away Rest-- Beman ICS Hunter Elite 438 Grains -- Broad heads: QAD Exodus Swept Back & G5 T3!