Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Duck Dynasty

Duck Dynasty

Has anybody watched Duck Dynasty? I'm not sure if they really are rednecks, or good at pretending.

Love that show,I got to believe they got redneck in them I don't think uncle Si could act that well.
    Resting comfortably

Hilarious!!!!!
    2012 Elite Answer, HHA sight, QAD rest, Tightspot quiver, Torqueless grip, Ridgerunner sling, Stokerized 8" Hunter stabilizer, custom threads by Insight Archery, ACC Pro Hunters, Scott Sabertooth release, Slick Trick Magnum broadheads.

Saint Martinville, Louisiana, United States
    They are.
    2010 Bowtech Destroyer 350
    Easton Flatline 400
    Wasp Bullet 100gr broadheads

Hated it at first. I didn't think it was going to be a good show.

HOWEVER, I have grown to love it.
    You cant Kill'em if you ain't With'em

Quote Originally Posted by palmatedbuck04 View Post
    Love that show,I got to believe they got redneck in them I don't think uncle Si could act that well.
    Yeah; uncle Si with his plastic cup. I thought it was for spitting in, but he's sipping from it!

Definitely lots of staged stuff going on, but it is tv and is entertainment. No different than any "reality" show like Swamp People, River Monsters, or whatever. I worked with a crew from NatGeo TV for one night on the MS River and the amount of staged scenes they wanted from us was ridiculous.
    watch our hunting and bowfishing webcast at AimNLowTV.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lostleader View Post
    Hated it at first. I didn't think it was going to be a good show.

HOWEVER, I have grown to love it.
    I tend to agree. I like it, as well. It's a little contrived, but almost all these type shows are. At least they're funny. And, IMO, Si makes the show, "Jack"! I've briefly met Willie at a hunting show last year, and he seems to be a pretty down to earth guy. He took a little time to talk to my son and signed his shirt. I don't tend to get enamored by celebrities, but I'm a fan of the show.

Love it! You've gotta realize its a tv show and it's not all real situations. But it's hilarious.
    Hoyt Element RKT, Victory Vaps, Spott HOG, QAD HDX

I love the show. Jase, Sai, and Phil are hilarious. It is hands down my favorite show on T.V.

You must be fairly young if you doubt the Robertsons are rednecks. Phil Robertson has been known as the Duck Commander for many years, and make no mistake, they’re 100% southern redneck. They’ve only recently become famous beyond the hunting world. Even within the hunting circle, they weren't exactly famous.

That's funny because a guy at work yesterday asked me if I have seen it and I hadn't yet but he said he ne'er pissed his pants watching it on Saturday and he is not a hunter but enjoyed it anyway

Another day in paradice
    2007 Liberty 1 60# 30"
    2010 Darton pro3800 60# 29"
    2012 Darton DS 3900 70# 29''

I had Super Powers till my therapist Took them AWAY

it was a great show before duck dynasty...Use to watch Duck Commander and it was awesome then...now you get to meet more of the family and its only gotten better..Willie is the CEO of both Duck and Buck Commander with the Buck Boys being the pro baseball players like Chipper Jones, etc...I at first also doubted their country roots at first as they seemed so well spoken but then Phil said only one of them didnt have a college degree (Si of course) and I watched the football episode and realized they are just educated rednecks...not unlike myself haha...Jase would be a blast to hang out with for a day...in fact it would be more fun than chunking rocks at signs.

Phil Robertson started quarterback, at Louisiana Tech, ahead of Terry Bradshaw. I remember him saying something like "Bradshaw went after the bucks, and I went after the ducks."
    Archerytalk=talking about archery. Is that so hard to understand?

Pure redneck but lot of that show is scripted. I enjoy watching none the less.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
    — Dr. Seuss (The Lorax)

True alot is scripted but its still funny! O'Si is something else and Phil is just awesome.

I've been a fan of the Phil and his crew for years. Met him twice...great guy. Love the show. Even if a lot of it is staged, you now that's how they really are.
    Hoyt Rampage XT, 60lbs, 28in DL
    470 grain Easton XX75 2314s, 245fps (slow and deliberate)

It's a funny show, my wife likes it as much as I do and she doesn't hunt. It's well done and entertaining, even though a lot of it is obviously a bit scripted/staged. I've been watching Duck Commander stuff since the very first DVD that just had Phil and Warren Coco sitting in the swamp BSing and shooting ducks. Phil is definitely a genuine duckaholic.

Hey guys I'm from Louisiana around the same area that they are. They are 100% x 10 rednecks.. They are true down to earth Christian people. If you've followed them throughout their career Phil was just a man with a passion for hunting ducks and wanted to show everyone how to do it. Once Willie came along he saw what the company could be and has never looked back. With today's economy you have to get it while you can because you never know when it's not going to be there, "Money" that is. Anyway I love the show as do all of my friends in Florida who have never even shot a gun! Great show and great people!

The show is great and yes they are 100% redneck. Have you seen some of their older videos? They are killing machines and very religious.
    2012 Elite Anwer 65# 29" Pimped Red Hades Skulls Spott Hogg Right On QAD HDX Bloodsport HT-2 300 Stokerized SS1 Firenocks Yeti Grips Tight Spot
    2009 Elite Z28 Realtree AP 28.5" Trophy Ridge 5 pin NAP Apache Easton Axis 400
    Quote Originally Posted by L.I.Archer View Post
    Never trust anyone with two first names.

Luv it....makes me HAPPY,HAPPY Happy!!!

Chicks are pretty hot also... just sayin..

I love the show. They are truly down to earth people. I had the priviledge of meeting them at a church in Iowa a few years back. Got to talk to Phil and he is a genuine man. They are great.
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPXL Black Ops
    Gold Tip Kenetic Pro 400 with 100gr. Magnus Buzzcut
    TruGlo Tru Tec Quiver, Limb Driver Pro V, Vapor Trail Strings, Tru Ball Short-n-sweet

That show is great. Reminds me of growin up in Western North Carolina with all my Hillbilly family. My wife also enjoys it cause they are a down to earth family without all the bleep, bleep, bleep narrative you get with most of the other shows that are similar. Show also has a good way of reminding us just how important and fun family really is.

I love the show and really like that they are not ashamed to say they are christians and God fearing men.
    2013 PSE DNA Platinum Skulls Camo/ 502gr FMJ 340 arrow 28.5"DL 60lbs/ WB rest and tightspot quiver/ Tru-Glo Super Slam with 6" extension bar/Truball thumb release

Quote Originally Posted by okiehunt View Post
    I love the show and really like that they are not ashamed to say they are christians and God fearing men.
    Why do peaple feel the need to make others aware of there religious beliefs to make them feel better about themselves ?

Another day in paradice
    2007 Liberty 1 60# 30"
    2010 Darton pro3800 60# 29"
    2012 Darton DS 3900 70# 29''

I had Super Powers till my therapist Took them AWAY

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast