Thread: how do you change the blades on a wasp jak-hammer?

how do you change the blades on a wasp jak-hammer?

i can not figure out how to get the blades off from a jak-hammer, i thought they would just slide out the back on the ring that holds them, but that is not working, ive tried with the blades folded....blades open, i can get them to come off the ferrule. they are brand new...not corroded in place. Thanks, Dennis

ONE SHOT ONE KILL

I take mine and, in the closed position, just insert the tip of the broadhead slightly into a broadhead wrench, only align the blade tips away from the slots in the wrench (so they are contacting the lands between the slots). Then just hold the blades closed and push a bit. The blade assembly will pop right off. Not sure if this is the official way to do it, but it always worked well for me.
    PSE Omen Pro
    Easton Axis Arrows
    Ramcat Broadheads

Directions for replacing blades are on back of package ....drill a 1/4 inch hole in a piece of wood (about 1/2 inch deep) place tip into hole with blades closed push firmly blades and steel ring should pop out the back of the head

Quote Originally Posted by OneidaStealth View Post
    Directions for replacing blades are on back of package ....drill a 1/4 inch hole in a piece of wood (about 1/2 inch deep) place tip into hole with blades closed push firmly blades and steel ring should pop out the back of the head
    must be the old packaging had the blade changing instructions, mine have the new packaging and only show how to tie the blades shut on the back. i used jak hammers about 10 years ago and i thought the blades just came out easily in the field with nothing required. i liked them so i decided to get some again. they came in yellow cardboard packaging when i last used them, which i liked better cuz they didnt take up alot of space in the bottom section of my archery box. this is what the new packaging looks like. Thanks, Denniswasp.jpg
    ONE SHOT ONE KILL

and man they are sharp! just like i remember.
    ONE SHOT ONE KILL

i just work one blade out a time by pulling them each to the back once you see the silver ring go to another blade. been doing it this way for 15 plus years now
    Hoyt Carbon Matrix g3
    Fuse/quad rest, carbon blade
    Axcel Vision/ViperXStrings
    Easton acc's 3-60 Wasp Jak hammers
    Whitetail Magic