Archery Talk Forum banner

Elite answer vs Mathews heli m

7K views 38 replies 38 participants last post by  ChappyHOYT 
#1 ·
What would you guys go with.

#4 ·
I shot them side by side, waited a week and went back and shot them again, then went to adifferent shop to try the answer and a couple different brands.For me being 55 years old,30" draw and using it for hunting and recreational shooting in my yard and at club shoots the answer was the best choice (by the way my last 2 bows have been mathews and i liked them).I have had my Answer for a month and it is great, the easy draw cycle,solid back wall,shoots bullet holes for paper tune,and I have a great pro shop that set and tuned it for me.

#5 ·
My best buddy has been a Mathews guy all his life. Thought he wanted the HeliM so he went to the local shop and shot one. I was picking up my Answer the same day, so after shooting the HeliM, he shot my Answer. After shooting two arrows through my bow, he had made up his mind and ordered an Answer.

#7 ·
I have the Elite Answer and I recommend it highly. Very solid design and it is a great shooter. The adjustable Cable Guard is a good idea and mounts in a solid fashion. The Cam design is solid and easy to deal with when setting the draw stops. For a domestic bow the Elite Answer is the best I have seen.

#10 ·
ANSWER hands down.................... Heli M ................... you just have to shoot it to understand why ! ( worst mathews i ever shot ! )

#11 ·
Not being a fanboy but I didn't like the heliM at all. My good friend has one and I shot it a bunch when I set it up for him. I didn't like the short valley and the hump i n the draw......But......shoot them and decide for yourself.

#12 ·
The answer is quieter ,smoother drawing and has less handshock.the helium is lighter ,faster by 9fps in the real world.if was only hunting from a stand I would go with the answer, but the way I hunt, stand,spot and stalk , with a
Lot of walking and glassing I would chose the helium.

#17 ·
I shot the answer and wasn't impressed I ended up buying the HeliM. Shoot them both and make your own decision. I like the back wall of the HeliM others do not. There was something about the answer after the shot that I didn't like I could never really pin point t but there was something. To each their own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#18 ·
I shot mathews for year and years, bought a few gt500's z28 and a elite hunter so I was a elite fan, and I couldnt wait to shoot a answer! when I shot the answer a buddy wanted to test a helim, so since it was there I tried it and from the first arrow I loved it. I wanted to like the answer from all that I read and I love elite and by far the best costumer service in the business! Only you can answer your question go shoot them, I love my helim though.

#22 ·
I owned one of the first Answers, couldn't get it to BH tune, a shim job or limb swap or return trip to Elite was recommended, no thanks. I drew the lemon, it happens. Not saying I wouldn't try another, from a different dealer.
Currently shooting a Helim, IMO the best solo cam bow Mathews has made.

#25 ·
I have shot both multiple times and have always loved Mathews bows, but I did not like the Heli-m and felt it was not even in the same class as the Answer and still feel like the z7 extreme is a much better bow than the Heli-m. I am likely going to get an Answer and it will be the first non Mathews bow I have ever owned.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.