a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: World Cup Stage 2

World Cup Stage 2

Thought I'd come down here in the field archery forum and say something about Reo winning gold today in the individual competition and Braden the silver. I just wanted to see if it got anymore posts than the one I did in the general forum about Reo and Erika setting a new world record in the mixed team eliminations yesterday... Guess paltry thing like this hardly top threads like what colors strings and fletch should I get, check out my skulz camo, or what stabilizer would look the coolest on my Hoyt. Everyone have a great day.
    Charter Member LOFT Archery Team
    Vantage Elite +
    Sureloc, Britesite Protuner, X Terminator Stabilizers
    60X Strings, Truball Sweet Spot, Thurman Scopes, VAP Bullets

I would like to see Reo and Braden try the Pro Archery events I know they are both already swamped but, it would be cool to see them in Mullenborn! Reo is shooting great this year and Rodger seems to have stalled a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclegus View Post
    Thought I'd come down here in the field archery forum and say something about Reo winning gold today in the individual competition and Braden the silver. I just wanted to see if it got anymore posts than the one I did in the general forum about Reo and Erika setting a new world record in the mixed team eliminations yesterday... Guess paltry thing like this hardly top threads like what colors strings and fletch should I get, check out my skulz camo, or what stabilizer would look the coolest on my Hoyt. Everyone have a great day.
    Thanks for the update John. Now on to the team Gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Unclegus View Post
    Sad, isn't it?
    BUT....with these and other WORLD CLASS and those that compete WORLD WIDE and win and set world records left and right....that doesn't count in the minds of ATers....NOPE>...win ONE indoor event and shoot good in 3-D and that supposedly qualifies as the BEST OVERALL SHOOTER ON THE PLANET....but never setting foot outside the USA to do this???? Not hardly.

Yep....I'll take those shooting WORLD CLASS events WORLD WIDE and not just in the confines of the USA as "the BEST OVERALL shooters on the planet" any day.

Congrats to Reo and Erika on a NEW WORLD RECORD. Congrats to Reo on yet another WORLD CUP WIN (this is two in a row for 2012).

field14 (Tom D.)
    Just let it float and SHOOT THE SHOT! Author of: "ProActive Archery", "The Puzzled Archer", "The Puzzled Cyclist".
    -field14 (Tom D.)

I have thought several times about leaving AT(even though I have only been here a short while) just to get away from all the chest-thumper types. I stay because of guys like you Gus and you Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by edgerat View Post
    I would like to see Reo and Braden try the Pro Archery events I know they are both already swamped but, it would be cool to see them in Mullenborn! Reo is shooting great this year and Rodger seems to have stalled a bit.
    They aren't any busier then Dave is. He shoots the same events they do and then some.

It would be nice to see them shoot the Pro Series. But Braden isn't a field guy. He shoots good scores here but doesn't even burn down his home course. He just doesn't practice field. Reo would do fine I am guessing. But if you want to see someone go over there it should be Jesse. The person that hasn't been beaten by Dave or Reo or anyone else for that matter on a field course in about 7 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Glad to see the US do so well. Looked to be a real nail biter for Reo and Erika in the mixed compound match.

I would venture to say that most people on AT are into 3D and local shoots. Shooting spots and Olympic targets are not in their interests. It is not something that they can go see or participate in locally. So it is not something they care about. Also, there doesn't appear to be a lot of media coverage (i.e. TV and video) of many of these matches. If there is it is always during the workday or night time. I'd like to be able to watch a few of them but they always seem to be shot when I can't watch them.
    We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government..

You are correct that there is, minimal to no, TV coverage of any archery events in the US. Not even when the World Cup comes to Ogden, UT. I am a fan of the World Cup series and look forward to the match videos being posted on the Archery Channel (of UTube). the coverage usually goes up about two weeks after each stage and I watch all of the compound matches and I also like to follow Brady Ellison in the recurve division. We will see him and the rest of the US recurve team at the Olympiccs this summer.

Another event that is covered via the web is the Pro Archery Series in Europe. They currently show three events per year with coverage much like is done with a golf tournement. Dave Cousins has dominated these tourneys and it being field archery, which I love to shoot, it is especially interesting.

IMHO archery, in any of its venues, will ever make mainstream TV in the US, however, with the advent of the World Wide Web at least there is coverage we can watch.