Thread: Arizona E-Z Fletch Bolt

Arizona E-Z Fletch Bolt

I am wanting to start refletching my damaged arrows and really dont know much about it at all. I was thinking about getting the Arizona E-Z Bolt, but after reading about it i'm not sure if it will work or not. I am shooting a Horton TRT Ultra-Lite. I read somewhere that because of the radical helical that it applies it can cause drag on crossbows with a narrow rail. Does anyone know if it will drag on the Ultra-Lites rail or not, and are you able to fletch arrows that already has the nock in it or does the nock have to be removed first. Like i said, I have never fletched an arrow before and I would like to start learning how to do this so maybe someday I can start making my own complete arrows. Thanks for any advice.

Friend any helical fletch will cause some drag. Get the Fletching Jig & don't worry about it. I have the EZ Bolt Jig my self
    Miss Vixen Blk. T-hole model Terror of all Tick Toters
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Dark Lady Exocet 165
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

I've got ... the Arizona and it works fine. I actually like it better than my high class Bitzenburger jig.
    Scorpyd Velocity165 425.5fps @ 426gr & 171KE,
    Zeiss 3-12x50mmDuralyt, CamX Accuspine arrows, 100gr RamCats or Spitfire Maxx & Firenocks
    Swarovski, Leica rangefinder, Surefire & Fenix lights.
    Wounded Warrior Project - Mentor.
    NRA Life Member 1971 Join up and fight to regain your rights!

The Arizona is a good fletcher. I use a Jo Jan for most of my fletching though.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Duke View Post
    I've got ... the Arizona and it works fine. I actually like it better than my high class Bitzenburger jig.
    Just got done looking at their website...it appears there is a variety of configurations as far as vane length and helical. Which one do you use Duke?
    Darton Tundra Extreme
    Scorpyd Ventilator 150, Nikon Prostaff 3-9, HHA Optimizer, BE Executioners, Spitfire Maxx
    StrykeZone 350
    >.·´¯`·.¸¸><((((º>
    Cleverly disguised as a responsible adult.

I shoot 2117 XX75 and use the AZ for aluminum arrows with the 4 degree offset. Very easy and turns out great arrows. Check them out on UTube. Good tutorial.
    NRA Life Member, NC Lifetime Sportsman
    Excalibur Ibex

I use the Bolt Jig & i have their old model LH Helical. I like them i gave away my jo-jan mono jig n sold my RH Bitz
    Miss Vixen Blk. T-hole model Terror of all Tick Toters
    Marie Laveau Matrix 355
    Dark Lady Exocet 165
    Banshee MXB 320
    vixenmaster strings

check out the Bohning tower jig. my Bitz just sits now. i will never fletch one at a time again. HA!

Brenth, see???:-) I've heard nothing bad about the Arizona. A local crossbow shop uses one (or two:-). I've got my Bitz set up the way I want it but it's not something most folks would do.
    MOON

Super Short Recurve Xbows- The Future of Recurve Hunting Xbows

STRYKER 350- LS 390 COMPOUND XBOWS - YOU CAN SPEND MORE BUT.......

I use the AZ and like it but opted for the standard (green) version with right helical after noting that several users were having problems with the Bolt version fletched arrows not fitting into rail channels well. AZ generally does not accommodate shallow moon nocks. The notch isn't deep enough to capture and hold the arrow precisely in AZs (rudimentary) nock seat. For that reason - as well as greater overall strength - I use aluminum moon nocks and attached with hot melt glue. That way, its easy to make changes if the fetching is misaligned with the nock after refletching. BTW, the standard version also enables the use of longer vanes which the Bolt does not.
    Why do I hunt? Simple, it's BASIC.
    Why do you breathe?!

Excalibur, Mission, Parker, single shot rifles and handguns

I just refletch 7 arrows with Grayling Fletching Jig..looking good so far..I will shoot those arrows today.

Moon:What glue you use ?? Thanks