Thread: G5 montec for trad bow

G5 montec for trad bow

Anyone shoots these from you trad bow.
    58" Toelke whip 41lbs, Easton Axis Traditional 600 spine, 205 grain Zwickey 2 blade on the death end. Retired Bowtech Guardian, could be called back to full duty.

I have not yet, but i would not hesitate to do it. I shoot Thunderheads from mine, and it is a NEVER talked about trad broadhead. I shot it with compounds, and it shoots well from my Trad Equip

Friend of mine uses the 100 grain Montecs exclusively, for everything from hogs to Black Bear to Whitetail Deer.

Durable, fly great, and nice blood trails.

KPC
    GEREP

I ve killed a lot of deer with them

I prefer a WW or Snuffer but like I said Montecs work

So you think I would be good, 45 lb Hoyt buffalo, 26 inch draw, shooin axis 500 about 400 to 405 grain, with a 125 grain montec, or should I stick with a 2 blade.
    58" Toelke whip 41lbs, Easton Axis Traditional 600 spine, 205 grain Zwickey 2 blade on the death end. Retired Bowtech Guardian, could be called back to full duty.

With draw weights under 50 pounds and with a shorter power stroke I would personally stick with a 2 blade

Quote Originally Posted by JParanee View Post
    With draw weights under 50 pounds and with a shorter power stroke I would personally stick with a 2 blade

copy that, thanks.

I have some of the original 140 grain montec's and I hunt with then if I need to drop point weight for tuning. Always performed great.