a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Help with a fishing bow

Help with a fishing bow

I am trying to put together a fishing bow. I have a older bow that is missing the cable guard. Do I need to get a cable guard for the bow or can you use it for fishing with out the cable guard?

Also, what about a rest. Do I need a roller rest or will other rest work as well or better?

Thanks for your help.

Guess as long as the arrow doesn't hit the string. I would try and get one for it. Lots of rests you can use but it is a heavy fish arrow. I use hunting whisper buscuits I had here but Krazy glued the bottom half of the bristles to make it support the heavy arrows. Can even shoot the arrow off the shelf if you want to.
    Wham-O Power Master.
    Daco wood shaft arrows.
    Roper’s Indian Arrowheads.
    Hope to upgrade someday.

A roller rest works good.
    2012 Elite Anwer 65# 29" Pimped Red Hades Skulls Spott Hogg Right On QAD HDX Bloodsport HT-2 300 Stokerized SS1 Firenocks Yeti Grips Tight Spot
    2009 Elite Z28 Realtree AP 28.5" Trophy Ridge 5 pin NAP Apache Easton Axis 400
    Quote Originally Posted by L.I.Archer View Post
    Never trust anyone with two first names.

I would definitely get a cable guard you can find one cheap does your bow use one that screws directly into the riser or does it mount onto the side with a plate? i may have one or two laying around from my compound days, for a rest you can also do it on the cheap you can use a 1/4-20 eye bolt with two nuts and washers, and notch it on the top to put your arrow in and mount through the rest hole in your riser, or you can use plumbers epoxy and make a rest as Ive seen some guys do, or you can shoot off the shelf as some of us do to using felt, carpet rest, or Velcro.

I really like the muzzy fish hook rest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mathews Switchback

the cable guard that I need, screws into the back of the riser.

For a rest I'd get a Quick Draw. Completly captures your arrow so you don't have to worry about your arrow falling off for quick shooting.