Thread: sure loc set up

sure loc set up

I have just started using a sure loc sight and love it but had a question mine has an 8 inch bar on it awith a 2 3/4 scope and i was wondering how do you all know how far to set the scope out i have mine on the 2nd to last setting to fit the scope housing pretty good is this what i should be doing? also i have noticed it is a little noisey is there any thing i could do about it.

Strother Infinity black death
    Strother Rush lime green

any one?
    Strother Rush lime green

Interested myself
    2012 New Breed Genetix Outshine Blue, Tree limb, CBE Tek Hunter, G5 Meta Peep, Rage Broadheads, , QAD HD Rest, B Stinger Stab, Easton Flatline 400 Arrows, 65lbs.
    2012 New Breed Horizon Red to Black Fade, Sure Loc 400, Super Peep, Ripcord Rest, Doinker Stabs, Gold Tip X Cutters, 60lbs, 360 grains at 282 fps.
    2013 Bowtech Strykezone 380, 20" Black Eagle Executioners, 100gn Ramcats

Quote Originally Posted by strother69 View Post
    ...... also i have noticed it is a little noisey is there any thing i could do about it.
    Had the same prob with mine. Basically two paths, send it back or fix it yourself (well three, make that four....sell it or buy a new sight). In my case I bought a new sight and then fixed the SL. The windage adjustment was very loose on mine and to fix it I bent a small tab on a 0.02" piece of stainless steel shim stock and then jammed it in the space between the sight body and the moveable windage block. As far as setting scope distance, just experiment and it will let you know when it's right.

Not willing to be mean in any way possible, but you buy Shibuya and you will not find that kind of problem. I'm sure that if you contact the guys at SL they will take good care of your issue and resolve it ASAP. They have very good products too. Good luck.
    ScoringApps.com

Is the noise common on the challanger ?
    Strother Rush lime green

I talked to sur lock and they told me it sounds like the bushings and i could send it in and have it back in about 7 days for $75 i think i should have bought some thing else now. does any one have picks of one taken apart sio i can see if there is any thing i might be able to do myself?
    Strother Rush lime green

Man that is too bad. You mentioned that you just started using a Sure-Loc sight, you just bought it new or you bought it from another archer?
    ScoringApps.com

It is used but looks like new, I was going to use it a couple of years then upgrade but if it cost that much to rebuild then i dont think i will be getting another sure loc iam sure most are good but if i get another one it will have to last me a long time.
    Strother Rush lime green

Sad to hear that, let's wait for other archers who have more experience using Sure-Loc, I use Shibuya, 2 years shooting 200 arrows daily and I haven't seen any issues nor heard any noises. Good luck again.
    ScoringApps.com

I have a Sure-Loc on my target bow, before and after I shoot I always tighten all the knobs (sometimes they are a little loose) but other than that I really like it and shoots great.
    Mathews Solocam Z7 Xtreme, Monster 7.0, Conquest Triumph, MR6, Creed, 2 MR5'S, Drenalin, Gold Tip, B-Stinger, Axion, Truball
    Hough's Archery-Pro Staff
    Bohning Staff Shooter
    Truball Staff Shooter