a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Roy Hall bows?

Roy Hall bows?

Has anyone here shot or own one of his bows? If you have, or do.........aren't they some of the most beutiful made, and some of the best shooters out there?

Time is the measurement of motion.

I owned a Navajo take-down for several years, and shot several others. Roy does make some beautiful bows, and is a really nice guy to boot. Very nice bows, but not "THE" bow for me. You could sure do a lot worse though.

Chad
    Support the Future of Archery--Support the NASP

I have really enjoyed the Navajos that I have shot. Granted I have only shot about 10-12 different bow, but if I had to choose right now which bow to buy, it'd be a Navajo Take Down. On top of the fact I think they shoot great, I really like the way they look. If I had the cash, I'd buy one today!

Roy Hall Bows

Wonderboy: I am the proud owner of 3 Navajo bows, the Chief, and 2 Caddo's. They are all cocobolo/birdseye risers and birdseye limbs. I bought my first Caddo at the Kazoo Trad show in 2004. I had shot over 25 bows by the time I stumbled upon Roy's booth. I was immediately drawn to the 58" 55# Caddo with the bevlock takedown feature. Roy let me take it for a spin. I finally had to take the bow back to Roy when folks began complaining about me hogging the range. I couldn't shoot the bow enough. As I approached Roy, he asked me what I thought. I took my wallet out and tossed it to him and told him to take what he needed.
    Navajo #2 I found on woman-outdoors.com. It is a 64" one piece Caddo @ 45#. It belonged to Terry Nichols, Arkansas 3D Champ.
    Navajo #3 just happened to show up on the local shop range one friday evening. It is the 3 piece Chief with the 18" riser. It too is just as beautiful as the others. I can say with authority that I have the best collection of Roy's bow in all of Indianapolis if not Indiana.
    My next mission is to have Roy make a 35# bow for my wife.

Hey Reggie

Any chance of getting you to post a picture of that Chief?

Yep! I'm a fan of the Navajo Scouts, and the Apache model. I've got a 45# 64" Apache in the Osage Orange/Bocote. Now I'm having him make me a 48# 64" Apache in the Cocobolo and Birds Eye Maple..................and I can't wait! That darn Apache is a shooter!
    Time is the measurement of motion.

Chief Pic

Quote Originally Posted by NCarrowslinger
    Hey Reggie

Any chance of getting you to post a picture of that Chief?
    NC arrowslinger: Sorry, but my digital camera took a dump, literally! Underwater photography has its perils!!!
    The Chief has cocobolo on the inside of the riser and birdseye on the outside. The limbs are all birdseye. If I can find another camera soon, I'll put something up.

I sold my Caddo last year. Sure do wish I had it back. One of the better shooters I've had.

I shot one at an archery shop in east,tx. They let me shoot it several times. There was another gentlemen shooting one, he didn't shoot it very well but he said he really loved the bow. I just received my martin vision longbow and I like it much better. Smooth, fast and no hand shock. Remember what works for me may not work for you. Good luck.

Roy Hall Bows

I too had a Martin Vision and liked it pretty well. I shot it equally as well as the Caddo. The Caddo fulfilled my need for a bow that more resembled a longbow. There is no good or bad in archery. The best bow in the world is the one you have in your hand!