Thread: Hoyt Ultratec how to change the draw length???

Cool Hoyt Ultratec how to change the draw length???

Hi I've got a ultratec if your an expert on these bows please read....

has the following info on it

Build AP
    weight 60-70
    string 98.5
    BC 42
    length 27.5-31

supposedly it set to 30-31"

the top elliptical cam is labelled VC-2L (means versa cam , left handed) and has 9 holes

the bottom round idler has 4 holes and has 2L

what needs to be done to change it to a 29" draw length and do you need new modules for it and or a bow press...is it easy to do?

thanks

Beargrills

No press needed. You rotate the inner module in the bottom by removing the screws, turning it, then putting them back in. Then you move the drawstop peg to the appropriate hold (along the cam's edge).

Sadly, I can't remember which way made which DL.
    Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone

The lower letter are the shorter lengths so if its at E or F then you need to go C
    the "length 27.5-31" is wrong cuz in only goes up or down 6 A-F so 27.5-30
    Hoyt Alphamax 32 ,Fuse Strings, TrophyTaker Rest, Sure-Loc Supreme, Black Eagle, DoinkerElite
    Hoyt Ultra Elite XT3500, BCY 452X, Copper John, Sure-loc Black Eagle, Doinker Elite, Easton X-10, ACE

Quote Originally Posted by ocn View Post
    The lower letter are the shorter lengths so if its at E or F then you need to go C
    the "length 27.5-31" is wrong cuz in only goes up or down 6 A-F so 27.5-30
    No, the Versacam (single cam) really did have that much adjustment. And letoff was adjustable as well. This means his UT is an '02 or older model as well.

Thanks ocn and Buster, I'm starting to think it is 02 or older. I was thinking it is adjustable up to 3" in draw length, but the 27.5-31 draw length range is 3.5". So thats good news.

Do you folk know how does the let off get adjusted?, since I have not used it for 10yrs, the 70lbs might give me shoulder strain. ?

Beargrills

If it has a dual track idle wheel it's an '02 model and if it's a single track idler it's an '01 or older.

Rotating the module changes DL. Moving the stop peg along those 9 holes changes letoff and DL. Moving the peg to a position that stops the cam sooner will produce less DL and lower letoff.

The DW is adjusted with the limb bolts. You could back them both off evenly 5 turns and drop the weight 10-12 pounds.

Hi Buster, long time since I bought arrows, I want some for hunting to suit a 70# DW and 29" DL. Whats the surest arrow brand for this old ultratec (happy to pay extra to buy right first time , I want carbon types) . Yes broad heads will be added. Is there a formula to work out the cut length before the nooks and tips are added, and the fletching, whats the best set up , like the helical patterns or such like, Thanks

If the DL is 29" then 29" arrows will keep the broadheads just in front of the riser and your hand. ".340 spine" carbons should work perfectly, so pick whatever arrows you like with that spine rating.

I have a Hostage octane pro arrow rest installed on it anyone have any opinion about these, is there a better choice?