Thread: Unlimited or BHFS?

El Dorado Hills, California, United States of America

Unlimited or BHFS?

Hey I am torn between two sights for the bow I am setting up. I was wondering, do you think that I should go with a Spot Hogg and shoot BHFS or go with the sure loc and the scope and shoot Unlimited? Just thought that Id get some opinions, thanks.

Tyler this decision is probably based on what you plan on shooting, given that you are 15, and in Youth Archery there arent any classes set up for BHFS I would probably go with the sure loc, but if you plan on using it for hunting and just avid shooting i would consider the spott hogg.
    Remember Adam and Jamie
    "Why worry about a miss when you know you can hit?"

I'm in my 50's and am struggling to make pins work with my eyesight as it is.

So I'm going to shoot "open" class for the first time this weekend. I put a Bulls Eye apeture on an old Tox 1250 I had. Works well for me.

I shot MBR for many years because it was more like the way I hunted.

For hunting, I likely will make some changes also. Right now I've got an old Martin Raynger I'll experiment with before commiting to something a little more heavy duty.
    Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits...the God of our salvation. Psalms 68:19 KJV Hunt 06 Darton Tempest. Beman Field 340s w' NAP QuickSpins & KillZone, F-85 TFO sight Comp 06 Darton Tempest; Victory X-Ringer, ACC 300s. TrophyTaker rest, Tox' sight. Backup 96 Darton Wrangler w' Rev' Archery cams Muzzy rest, TruGlo TFO Hunting bows Anchor Sight optical "No Peep" T.R.U.Ball Sabretooth 4 finger release.

Robert Valeika Guest
    just buy them both...

Tyler , Hood had the funnest idea ( boff of em ) but as stated , see which one you have the most fun with , I am like Don - had to go FS because of 50 yr old eyes ( I would prefer the pins - but cant see em anymore ) no matter which way you decide to go - you are gonna have fun .......... GOOD LUCK on your choice

if you were to get both, you can use the spot hogg (hoggit) on the sure loc mounting block. that's how my ultratec is set up so that way i can go out shooting with my regular guy type bowhunter friends, or put on a clean shirt and go shooting with my elitist unlimited pals.

be well........jay

Ain't it the truth Avid!!

I found myself thinking I've gotta wear the right clothes, and really should get to painting the bow!!
    Blessed be the Lord, who daily loads us with benefits...the God of our salvation. Psalms 68:19 KJV Hunt 06 Darton Tempest. Beman Field 340s w' NAP QuickSpins & KillZone, F-85 TFO sight Comp 06 Darton Tempest; Victory X-Ringer, ACC 300s. TrophyTaker rest, Tox' sight. Backup 96 Darton Wrangler w' Rev' Archery cams Muzzy rest, TruGlo TFO Hunting bows Anchor Sight optical "No Peep" T.R.U.Ball Sabretooth 4 finger release.

I think i missed something.... ..But in Unlimited you cant use a scope that slides can you...?...Iknow you can use pins with maginifaction but not an adjustable scope..

Hey LX,

Sounds like Unlimited where you come from may be somewhat limited!!

HehHehHeh

I think rules vary quite a bit regionally.

At my club, Freestyle allows: a compound bow, any stabilizer, a release, adjustment of the sight while on the course, and magnification.

Bowhunter Freestyle allows" a compound bow, release, 12" stab', up to 5 fixed pins NOT moved on the course, and no magnification.