Thread: JVA Astro Dominator E

JVA Astro Dominator E

I'm new to the forum and trying to get back into archery without having to drop a lot a money on a new bow. I have an Astro Dominator E from the 90's that I'm trying to tune. I remember shooting pretty well with it, but no one around here really knows how or what the specs might be. I has a spring arrow rest. It's currently set at 28 inch draw, 50 pounds, and has about a 39 inch string length. The ATA looks to be about 43 1/2. Brace height 9 1/4. There are some round adjuster buttons on the cable with numbers and different sized slots which I think are to adjust the cams. Does anyone have knowledge on these bows or specs?

Wow, that's a rare one. With the steel cables it probably has I doubt cam/wheel synch is a problem and it should still be in spec. If you need to adjust the drawlength the different slots in the "donut" are the way it's done. The slots that effectively shorten the cables increase the DL and DW, and the slots that lengthen the cables with drop the DL and DW. There could also be adjustments on the wheels/cams.
    Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone

Thanks for all the ideas for this bow. I didn't know that the DL could be adjusted. With the DL adjusted to 28, the bow is now at about 40 pounds with the limbs cranked, not much else to adjust. I had some new arrows cut based on the original specs (longer DL and DW) and now the arrows may be over spined. I ordered a new "springy arrow rest" as I see part of the spring tip must have clipped off at some point. I'll talk to a local string builder to look at the current string. I've been reading that dacron versus newer style strings for these older bow limbs. Can't wait to throw some sticks with it out on the outdoor range. I'm not planning to be in any competitions. Thanks again.