a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for old compound bow manuals

Looking for old compound bow manuals

I've noticed while looking for older compound bows to add to my collection there are plenty of bows for sale, but the owners manuals are hard to find.

I don't collect the manuals, I'm just interested in the information they contain. I take any documentation I find and scan it into my computer and create a PDF file out of it. My goal is to create an electronic library with this information and make it available to anyone who needs it.

I thought Archery Talk might be a good place to look for information on older compound bows. I'm looking for any type of information, manuals, instructions sheets, specifications, etc.. Also electronic files, links to files, links to websites with information on older compound bows, like ArcherHistory.com, it all helps.

If anyone has any literature (in any condition, as long as I can read it) on older (late 1960s through the 1990s) compound bows they would like to donate (I'll pay the postage) or sell for cheap please let me know.

Please feel free to contact (PM) me for information on older compound bows and if I have anything that will help I can email the electronic file to you as an attachment.

Thanks,
    Dave

Listed below is some of the information on older compound bows I have available (PDF files).

Allen Compound Bow Information

Bear Alaskan II Compound Bow Fact Sheet

Bear Delta V Instruction Booklet

Bear First Strike XL, XLR Product Information

Bear Polar II Compound Bow Instruction Manual

Bear Tamerlane II and Alaskan Compound Bow Instruction Manual

Bear Whitetail Hunter Compound Bow Manual

Carroll Archery Compound Bow Information

Darton Instruction Manual

Golden Eagle Archery Owner's Manual

Golden Eagle Owner's Manual

Jennings Compound Bow Information

Jennings Compound Bow Instructions

Jennings Unistar

Martin M-41, M-7, M-20, M-48, M-38G, M-38, M-1, M-100, T-40, T-1, T-20, and all Pro Series Compound Bow Manual

Precision Compound Bow Information

PSE Compound Bow User's Guide

You and Your PSE Compound Bow

Wing Compound Bow Information

I have more information available than listed above. 1976 through 1993 Darton catalogs. More manuals for older compound bows, I wont supply the files for these , but links to the manufacturers web page where they are located (I feel that if the manufacturer went to the trouble of making the manuals available for download you should at least visit their website). And other miscellaneous literature, all in PDF format.

Dave

Dave,

I could really use a copy of the Golden Eagle Manual PDFs. I just purchased a Golden Eagle "Hawk" (may be a Super Hawk) Compound that a previous owner pulled the info sticker off. The bow is in great shape but needs a new string. I measured axle to axle at approximately 41' and total bow length 42'.

It would be great to have more information about the bow.
    Thanks,
    Shane

Hi Shane
    PM me your email address and I will send you both manuals.
    Dave

I've decided to upload the manuals onto the internet. If you would like a PDF copy of a manual contact me for the link.

Shane, you can download the Golden Eagle Owner's Manual here: https://www.box.com/s/c1d1f0d42980d8365a60
    and the Golden Eagle Archery Owner's Manual here: https://www.box.com/s/c7ceee01f08dca9bfc3b

Dave J

Dave,

I have been traveling and just tried to access the links you sent me and they no longer exist.

Please resend of send me the PDF files at: sstap@comcast.net.

Thanks,
    Shane

Hi Shane

I sent you a PM.

Dave

I have the owner manual and 'fact sheet' for a Bear First Strike (not XL or XLR). If you need it, I can scan them in and email them.

Hi ChrisTX

That would be great. I'll PM you my email address.

Thanks for your help,
    Dave

Hi, Dave. Glad to have found you and your info.
    I have a Wing 4-wheel compound, with a name on it: Frank Ketchum. It has two cams - simple ones - all the same diameter. Would love to have a manual that would tell me how to set it up with draw length, Poundage, Brace height, etc. I had an old Carroll 2000, but one of the limbs is cracked. I hope that there is something I can refer to to not have to reinvent the wheel - I'm inexperienced. Thank you. ntimeman1260.

Hi ntimeman1260

I sent you a PM with the links to information on Wing and Carroll compound bows. Once there you can download the information.

I'm also in the process of creating a database for various older archery magazines I own. The database will contain the location of advertisements and articles regarding compound bows. This will allow me to quickly find any bow specific information.

When the database is completed I will be able to provide additional information on specific compound bows to those who request it.

Dave

I thought I might contact the publishers of the archery magazines I own and request their permission to provide scanned articles and advertisements. The only magazine articles I would provide would be from those magazines that back issues are no longer available to buy. I think if I also provide an advertisement with the scanned article to help them market their current magazine, they might go for it. They wouldn't lose any sales on old magazine articles and would benefit from the free advertising of their current magazine.
    This would allow me to provide the information without violating any copyright laws.

Dave

does anyone have a tuning guide or manual for a hoyt hypertech xt2000?
    2012 CARBON ELEMENT RKT BLACK OUT - 73LBS - 29 in DL - 308 FPS - EASTON BLOODLINE - 412 grains - QAD HDX - AXT CARBON CARNIVORE 7 PIN SIGHT

Hi Brandon870

I don't know if this will help, but here is the link to Hoyt's Tuning Charts. http://www.hoyt.com/customer_service...1_hypertec.php

I think the chart you are looking for is located under the 2001 tab.

Dave

do you happen to have any info or manuals on jennings lighting compound bows?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJrjv...eature=related

Si vis pacem, Para bellem.

latin..... if you wish for peace, prepare for war

Hi tjb50cal

I don't have any information for the Jennings Lightning compound bow. If I find any info at a later date I'll let you know.

Dave J

Hello Dave..

Would you happen to have anything on the 1991-95 PSE Polaris?

Quote Originally Posted by Red Cabomba View Post
    Hello Dave..

Would you happen to have anything on the 1991-95 PSE Polaris?
    Hi Red Cabomba

I don't have a manual specifically for the Polaris, but I do have one for PSE bows for that year (I'm pretty sure it is for the nineties). Here is the link where it can be downloaded: https://www.box.com/s/66fae119ea31afb2bc82

I also have another manual, but it is for earlier PSE bows (just in case it covers your bow). Here is the link: https://www.box.com/s/0f7649f2063e0311cff8

Dave

Thank you. The second link seems to cover my particular PSE bow.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Cabomba View Post
    Thank you. The second link seems to cover my particular PSE bow.
    I forgot to mention that PSE has a webpage with tune charts. You might find additional information there for your specific bow. http://tune.pse-archery.com/default.aspx

Dave

Hi Dave,

Setting up an old Bear Whitetail 2 for a neighbor boy. I am scanning the internet for a manual. Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks again, Chris

Hunt Hard, Have Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Cmarti View Post
    Hi Dave,

Setting up an old Bear Whitetail 2 for a neighbor boy. I am scanning the internet for a manual. Any direction would be appreciated.

Thanks again, Chris
    Hi Chris

I don't have any information on the Bear Whitetail II. I've contacted Bear Archery and requested any information they might have on the bow. I expect to hear from them tomorrow. I'll let you know then.

Dave

Hi Chris I sent you a PM.

Bear Archery customer service emailed me the manual.

I also want to thank Bear Archery for their excellent customer service.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave J View Post
    I forgot to mention that PSE has a webpage with tune charts. You might find additional information there for your specific bow. http://tune.pse-archery.com/default.aspx
    Thanks again. I've more or less determined the bow as a model 0868 (based on the eccentrics, DL and draw weight range).. but I can't quite make sense of the (encircled) numbers on the lowest chart

PSEPolaris0868chart.jpg

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast