Thread: Great Idea

Red face Great Idea

By Bob Frye
    Tribune-Review

Published: Monday, May 14, 2012, 12:30 a.m.

Bow season

More than a few bowhunters opposed the legalization of crossbows in Pennsylvania’s archery season.

They lost that fight.

Now they’ve got another idea, though. Jennifer Sager, president of the United Bowhunters of Pennsylvania, told Pennsylvania Game Commissioners that her group would like an expansion of the bowhunting season, one open only to those using longbows, recurves and compounds.

http://triblive.com/sports/outdoors/...wildlife-april
    Can we bring our own brew?

3 Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. 4 And make me savory food, such as I love, and bring it to me that I may eat, that my soul may bless you before I die.”
    - Genesis: 27 /3.4

Maybe they should TRY & live up to their name of the "United Bowhunters"!! Haven't they burned enough bridges? More power to them if they can find "spare time" in the autum woods so they can have it all to themselves go for it! I guess they will NEVER get over it! Crossbow inclusion has been a non issue in the field just not between the UBP's ear's!

Why, Thank you

3 Now therefore, please take your weapons, your quiver and your bow, and go out to the field and hunt game for me. 4 And make me savory food, such as I love, and bring it to me that I may eat, that my soul may bless you before I die.”

By Bob Frye
    Tribune-Review

Published: Sunday, June 3, 2012, 12:30 a.m.
    Updated 20 hours ago

Back to the drawing board.

That’s where Pennsylvania Game Commissioners sent their staff — in no uncertain terms — in regards to the state’s wildlife management unit system.

The commission divides the state into 22 units. Their boundaries are, by design, to be reviewed every five years, with 2013 the next time when changes might be implemented.

At a work group meeting in Harrisburg this past week, commissioners heard about nine possible changes that resulted from discussions with the agency’s bureaus and regions. The committee that reviewed them in relation to human population density, wildlife population and harvest trends, habitat and other factors was prepared to recommend six be adopted.

Commissioners weren’t buying, though.

http://triblive.com/sports/outdoors/...on-county-game