a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ibo shoot off question.

Ibo shoot off question.

What would you do if this happened to you?

As of 1pm today my wife was in a tie in her class. We approached Ken Watkins to ask if, when, and where would the shoot offs take place so that we could be ready. Ken informed us that there would be no shoot-off and that it would be listed as a tie. Based on that we left Bedford and headed for home. Now we find out that they did have a shoot off and due to us not being there they awarded the spot to the other archer. ( who ken had also originally told no shoot off as well)

We're really unsure what we should do. I feel the results should be protested and a legal shoot-off held at Erie prior to the award presentations.

What do you all think?

PRIME IMPACT
    3D For CP Charity Shoot Founder, Bohning Staff shooter Bernie's Control Freak Staff shooter Stan Staff shooter, Black Eagle Arrows Staff Shooter, Bowjax Staff shooter, Ty Town Titan Staff Shooter, AO archery. HUNTONLY.COM for hunting info.
    No Merit Pro Team Founder. NM4L

protest it and next time dont listen to ken
    Athens factory staff shooter
    HUNT OF A LIFETIME FOUNDATION middle & southern Indiana co-ambassador
    bohning and tru ball staff shooter
    sportsmans lodge staff shooter
    Ouabache archers president

ol ken must have been havin a bad weekend... besides bein an when asked a few questions, its not the only b.s decision they made ....protest for sure

Thats crap for sure hope it works out.

Ken, it pays to get it right the first time.
    Can you point me toward the target, please?

Protest it for sure. I would think the IBO Ken would understand but then again it's the IBO.
    [B][I][FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Mathews Switchback LD
    Mathews Apex
    Gold Tip Shafts

I also heard no shoot offs from ken after i sat around for 3hr.

When I asked Ken about the shoot off he was very for sure of himself that no shoot off was going to take place. He even congratulated me for my finish. Granted this was for fourth place but none the less I as congratulated and told awards would be given out at Erie and ties were standing. I'm happy with how I placed just upset that the opportunity to do the shoot off was taken from me. I was there ready and waiting. The kicker to this is the girl who tied with me was told the same thing. But through a mutual friend was called to come back that a shoot off was in fact going to take place. By this time I was an hour away on my way home. I'm taking nothing from her she shot well and deserves a "fair" chance as well. It's the principle of this that upsets me. Along with the fact that Mr Watkins is constantly making up his own rules. It's unfortunate that while we all must follow rules that in a lot of cases are questionable they are still rules none the less. However Mr Watkins this does not mean you get to make up your own rules and enforce them when you feel it benefits you. We the archers keep you and the IBO moving forward. Let's not forget this... All I want is for the right thing to be done. I'll be at Erie and will continue to shoot my best.
    G5 FACTORY STAFF SHOOTER
    ,Bohning archery staff shooter,True Ball Staff Shooter,Bernie's Control Freak Staff shooter ,3D for CP www.archeryata.com\3dcp.html
    Pure Perfextion Strings

Wow, that sucks. Hope you protest it and they make it right!!
    JACKSON BOWHUNTERS

BOWJUNKIE STRINGS AND CABLES

I thought they only did shoot offs to resolve ties for first place?

Learn something new every day I suppose.

there is no ties in the ibo! everybody knows that.....so i say let it be so nobody gets in trouble.. the way they did things at bedford.. which was my first time there by the way, i am not impressed at all!!! this is a fun sport and you got a....holes turning people in for loaning kids binos. sorry but the asa is alot like what we need sportsman!!!!! not people like ken who presses b.s.(i assume). i believe this will be my only year. i dont like the way some of these people act anyways all over a damn $5 buckle...whoooooo whoooooooooooooo.
    2012 Hoyt alpha elite xfirestrings,truball release,axcel sights bernies stabilizer,easton, black eagle arrows. proud IBO MEMBER

Uh not sure if your attacking me here or not. But I'm not into "getting" anyone in trouble. Just merely pointing fingers at the IBO. Not shooters. Wow.
    G5 FACTORY STAFF SHOOTER
    ,Bohning archery staff shooter,True Ball Staff Shooter,Bernie's Control Freak Staff shooter ,3D for CP www.archeryata.com\3dcp.html
    Pure Perfextion Strings

Quote Originally Posted by goofy2788 View Post
    What would you do if this happened to you?

As of 1pm today my wife was in a tie in her class. We approached Ken Watkins to ask if, when, and where would the shoot offs take place so that we could be ready. Ken informed us that there would be no shoot-off and that it would be listed as a tie. Based on that we left Bedford and headed for home. Now we find out that they did have a shoot off and due to us not being there they awarded the spot to the other archer. ( who ken had also originally told no shoot off as well)

We're really unsure what we should do. I feel the results should be protested and a legal shoot-off held at Erie prior to the award presentations.

What do you all think?
    I'm not sure that there was a shoot off for fourth, that .1 next to the X count has something to do with some other way they are deciding ties at these shoots, like previous participation or recent finishes. Go on the IBO web site and ask that question.

If in fact they did have a shootoff for 4th place and you were told otherwise i would definitely protest it.
    BTW, awesome shooting Aimee!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    The Original Bling Sling
    I make the Bling Sling
    NASP "Homeschool Team" Leader
    Level 3-NTS Coach, USA Archery

Yeah they had a shoot off. I'm waiting to hear from the IBO. To set the record clear I'm not pushing this to get anyone in trouble. Unlike what the above individual said. All I've done is ask the IBO to explain how this is right. No one to blame but myself. Should have known better than to listen to the president of the IBO. I'll take 5th.

I have been told a shoot off takes place if it's a tie in a place that would receive an award. Fhc is awarded out to 5th place "i think"
    No I could care less about the award. This whole thing has to do with the principle of this issue. I'm still where I want To be within the triple crown. That's what is most important. But if either party is not present during a shoot off they flip a coin to determine who gets the x count. And again this is not what Mr Watkins explained. But oh we'll. I'm just merely interested in what BS the IBO will have to say. Outside of that I'm really happy with how I shot and how I finished. My goal is to make peers if I can do that I'll be a happy girl.
    G5 FACTORY STAFF SHOOTER
    Pure Perfextion Strings

ASA! Don't waste your time with the IBO! Sorry to hear about what happened to you!!

Geesh! You guys are starting to scare me...I am going to participate in the only qualifier in my state this year so I can go to Seven Springs in August...is it not worth going? what's the deal? please fill me in before I make a big mistake.

I had the same thing happen to me last year, and it was for 1st place, they said it would be a tie, but they awarded me second place. I would have been fine with this but my sponsors pay contingency money and from 1st to second is a nice little chunk of change. When I called the IBO, they said the other guy stayed for the shootoff, even after they said there wasn't going to be one. Later I found out, he didn't stay either. If the ASA wasn't so far away, I would never shoot another IBO again.

I shot London KY ASA last year. Had a blast. I agree if they weren't do far away I would most likely shoot them more. Their is a lot about IBO I like. The one BIG thing I don't like is the way it's ran. And my point there being how they flip flop decisions and ideas worse than politicians.
    G5 FACTORY STAFF SHOOTER
    Pure Perfextion Strings

I think Ken should step up and be accountable for his actions
    Stop running IBO like a mafia and understand that the shooters pay the bills

Quote Originally Posted by cenochs View Post
    ASA! Don't waste your time with the IBO! Sorry to hear about what happened to you!!
    Too bad ASA's are a long way from most of us IBO'ers. Closest one to me is 13 hours, no thanks, until they move some closer.
    JBK Bowstrings Why shoot anything else? www.JBKStrings.com
    BLACK EAGLE ARROWS

Quote Originally Posted by 3D Pinwheeler View Post
    Too bad ASA's are a long way from most of us IBO'ers. Closest one to me is 13 hours, no thanks, until they move some closer.
    London KY is probably the closest to you! Is it 13 hours? I drive from KY to FL and it only 12!

Quote Originally Posted by 3D Pinwheeler View Post

But....SO MUCH MORE TO DO....and SO MUCH MORE TO ENJOY
    In God we Trust all others pay CASH

I message from my phone...so posts are short and sweet . No need for grammar , figure it out man.

Quote Originally Posted by cenochs View Post
    London KY is probably the closest to you! Is it 13 hours? I drive from KY to FL and it only 12!
    Yes it is the closest, NE corner of PA to Bedford takes 13 hours, London is about the same. I'm not going to buy a ASA membership to shoot once a year either.We've discussed this before I'd love to shoot ASA but 13 hours for the closest is way too far for this guy. There's a ton of 3Ders in PA, OH, NY if there were a couple within 8 hours of me I'd go.

How about having one in VA, MD, OH, PA, WV alot of shooters up here, can't understand it. IBO goes down south every spring.
    JBK Bowstrings Why shoot anything else? www.JBKStrings.com
    BLACK EAGLE ARROWS

Quote Originally Posted by Babyk View Post
    I think Ken should step up and be accountable for his actions
    Stop running IBO like a mafia and understand that the shooters pay the bills
    more like a union lol Yes I would protest
    Bee Stinger Shooting Staff,Black Eagle Arrows Shooting Staff,
    Stan Shooting Staff,Strict 9 Strings Shooting Staff,Twisted Tine Archery Staff,Trophy Blend Deer Scent

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast