a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Finally, after 8 years, I got myself another Motorcycle!!! What ya think????

Finally, after 8 years, I got myself another Motorcycle!!! What ya think????

Well, I was trying to sell my 03 Chevy Cavalier to get some money toward a new bike. I stumbled upon a family that were in desperate need of a vehicle. They had 2 small kids and no car. But the guy had this bike. It was pretty dirty and hadn't been driven in a long while. But I struck a deal with him and traded him even up the bike for the car. Now, keep in mind that my Cavalier had 180,000 miles on it. But I kept it in GREAT shape. But still I think I got a great deal in the trade. I got the bike all cleaned and tuned up tonight and this is what she looks like now. What ya all think????? Can't wait to get on it with the wife and take a road trip. I've been without a bike for 8 years and really miss riding. So I'm pretty happy right now!!! It's a '98 Honda Shadow VT1100 Ace Tour.

Attached Images Attached Images
    Darton Pro3800 (Blacked Out!!!)
    Easton XX75 2315's
    Muzzy X-celerator (most underrated rest in the world)
    HHA Sights Little Jon Bowstrings Staff Shooter
    Magnus Buzzcuts 100 grain 4 blade

Man that was great deal for a sweet set of wheels! Nice!
    Romans 5:12

Thanks man, I'm stoked. And she runs as good as she looks!!!!! What y'all think I should name her??????
    Easton XX75 2315's

Any motorcycle lovers on here??? Post up some pics of your ride on here!!! Anyone got any ideas on anything aftermarket I should do to this bike to improve it?? Its 100 percent stock right now.
    Easton XX75 2315's

Wow, must be not very much love for Motorcycles on here!
    Easton XX75 2315's

Haha I would love to have a motorcycle but I can't haul the kids around on it. Great trade for a sweet bike!
    28" Elite GTO 70#
    28" Bowtech Assassin 60#

Looking good. I'd say good deal especially if you weren't using the car.

I'd change those mirrors as soon as I could. Those square mirrors are an eye sore. Just a tip, since you bought it used, check that windshield to make sure it's the right high for you. Too low and it'll push the wind right into your head, making it useless at highway speeds.

Here's what I'm riding this year. '09 Aero. When I drove away I put the first numbers of the tac
    312514_10150425199561066_746276065_10764319_1658082718_n.jpg
    315704_10150425199416066_746276065_10764316_1085321911_n.jpg

I've already swapped out the mirrors with some Arlen Ness aftermarkets that match the air intake perfectly. I picked up a horn cover to dress up that. More parts will be on the way as money allows. I can't decide between floorboards or wing pegs. There's always something.

Quote Originally Posted by casterpollox View Post
    Looking good. I'd say good deal especially if you weren't using the car.

I'd change those mirrors as soon as I could. Those square mirrors are an eye sore. Just a tip, since you bought it used, check that windshield to make sure it's the right high for you. Too low and it'll push the wind right into your head, making it useless at highway speeds.

Here's what I'm riding this year. '09 Aero. When I drove away I put the first numbers of the tac
    312514_10150425199561066_746276065_10764319_1658082718_n.jpg
    315704_10150425199416066_746276065_10764316_1085321911_n.jpg

I've already swapped out the mirrors with some Arlen Ness aftermarkets that match the air intake perfectly. I picked up a horn cover to dress up that. More parts will be on the way as money allows. I can't decide between floorboards or wing pegs. There's always something.

Awesome looking bike!!! Thanks for the tip on the mirrors and the shield. I'm really interested to know if an aftermarket air intake and pipes would make that much of a difference in performance and sound. I have read a lot on this stuff now and those 2 things seem to be the 2 that most people do first to customize their bikes.
    Easton XX75 2315's

I would ride it the way it is for the year and get a base for how it actually performs. I've talked to a lot of guys who say they want more from their brand new bikes in terms of power and I ask why? They never really come up with a reason other than why not. If you've got the extra money to sink into it for more power, great but if it's just for the sake of having more power, I would reconsider. It's already an 1100.

A 2 into 1 exhaust, like yours... changes the sound a lot and not for the better in my opinion. If you want to tinker, you can drill out some baffles to make it a more rumbly sound, just google it but just a suggestions, I think singles down each side of your bike would look and sound great or just splitting the pipes into dual exhaust. Something like this... it could, potentially, free up a little power too.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks for the info. I'm not actually looking for more "power", but just overall better gas mileage and a cleaner smoother running engine. Thought maybe a better air intake would do that. As far as the pipes go, I definitely would love to give it a more rumbly sound. But I'm having a hard time finding anyone that makes an aftermarket pipe for this particular bike. If you know anyone who does, please let me know. Thanks.
    Easton XX75 2315's

It's a Honda Shadow. Everyone makes aftermarket pipes for them. It's like the Honda Civic of the motorcycle world. You buy a base model and customize it from there. Here's a couple to get you started.

http://www.jpcycles.com/1998-honda-s...tourer-vt1100t

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ho...0c-accessories

Quote Originally Posted by casterpollox View Post
    It's a Honda Shadow. Everyone makes aftermarket pipes for them. It's like the Honda Civic of the motorcycle world. You buy a base model and customize it from there. Here's a couple to get you started.

http://www.jpcycles.com/1998-honda-s...tourer-vt1100t

http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/ho...0c-accessories

Hey, thanks for the links!!! Do you have any idea if I go with an aftermarket pipe if I will still be able to use the hard shell carriers on the back??? It looks all the aftermarket pipes run both pipes down the same side and the carriers will get in the way of that. The stock pipes are dual pipes (one on each side).
    Easton XX75 2315's

Me personally, I'd go back to one on each side. I like that look. Where ever you order from, just ask them. If they can't answer your question, find another website to order from because they aren't worth your money. But you might even be able to find a shop locally. Find the set of pipes you like then ask the company for a local dealer.

My old bike:
    Hunting: 10% skill and 90% location.

traded it for a DRZ 400 and cash when it got to the point that the only place I was riding was to and from work. The DRZ gets better gas milage and is more suited to commuting, but it aint as pretty as this bike .

Danesdad, I just picked up a KLR650 for about the same reason. Mostly local riding. I have an 05 Kawi Concours as well, just wanted something lighter for bootin around town(s) and mabey a few dirt roads. At 51 I'm not racing anybody on the road or in the dirt, just want to enjoy riding.
    OP thats a good looking VT1100. I personally would go slowly on mods (like some pipes) that will require re-jetting carbs. Mods just for looks or comfort- fine. I've seen way to many bikes that don't run well when not done correctly. You can't make it a dragster or a moped, it is what it is. Honda makes them run pretty good out of the box. Enjoy your ride brother.

DSCN1535.jpg
    here's mine

Roadstar.jpgHere's my ride, '09 Roadstar Silverado 1700. Making it difficult to find time to shoot this summer as I am getting all the wind therapy I can. Maybe I can find a club which allows flinging arrows off the back of a bike.

Nice trade for sure!!

Here's my 2009 (purchased new last July) Yamaha Royal Star Tour Deluxe. Love it!
    (hopefully this works)

IMG00106-20111022-1529[1].jpg

This must be the place to show off the bikes!

Here's mine

Those little brown spots are buffalo, took the picture a couple weeks ago in Yellowstone

Just think when your modding your bike, Mod for the characteristics it will give your bike.

If you gonna ride for more than a few hours your definitly gonna wanna invest in a seat, peg extensions, floor boards, and comfort stuff.

Congrats on the Bike I love riding mine but be careful, I wrecked mine a 3 years ago and it dang near killed me. If it wasnt for the grace of God

Here's mine:
    IMG_5604.jpg
    ------------------
    Dustin
    Hoyt Maxxis 31 - 28.5"DL, 61#; 440gr @ 263fps
    Strother SX-1 - 28.5"DL, 70#; 396gr @ 306fps