Thread: ASA outdoor 3D Schedule change

ASA outdoor 3D Schedule change

The remainder of the ASA schedule is as follows.
    shotgun starts 9:00am and 1:30 pm

June 9-10 Full Quiver and More
    9309 Webb Rd.
    Wales, Mi. 48027

June 23-24 Barryton Conservation Club
    3444 18 Mile Rd.
    Barryton, MI 49305

July 7-8 Bullseye Archery
    656 North Reek Road
    Custer, Mi 49405

JUST ADDED

July 14 Central Michigan Sportsmen
    Sat. only 4251 E. Stanton Rd.
    Stanton, Mi. 48888

July 15 Potawatomi Bowmen
    Sun. only 3878 North 10th
    Oshtemo, Mi 49009

There is a special schedule for the state shoot.
    Shootgun starts for all lines
    Sat. 9:00 am 1:30 pm Team shoot 5:00pm(approx.)
    Sun. 10:30am SOY shoot down follows morning line
    Awards and door prizes follow shoot down.

July 21-22 State Shoot
    On Target Sports
    3133 200th Ave.
    Morley, Mi. 49336

bump

Four shoots to go
    Hopefully the turn out will be better then at Full Quiver.
    The clubs put a lot of work into setting courses to only get eight to show up.

Well, it was scheduled on a IBO weekend. Not sure what the ASA was thinking.
    James Drouillard- Adams Archery adamsarchery.com...Hoyt...Gold Tip...Trophy Taker...BStinger...Scott Archery...CBE Sights...AAE

Way too many asa shoots in our state!
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
    expecting a different results. "

"You can not control what happens in your life: what matters is how you handle what happens"

Love to shoot! I know there are quite a few of us that enjoy shooting as many 3-D shoots as possible. We shoot to get the needed practice for the National shoots. When you shoot at different clubs the terrain, etc will help you at the national shoots. It would be hard to get much practice if there was only only a few shoots in a season. Not all of us have the opportunity to shoot a 3-D course that is close to your home. Some have to travel a long ways to get the pratice we desire. I enjoy seeing the other shooters. Always a great time. See you at the next shoot!
    APPRECIATION FOR MY SPONSORS: Whalens Hooker Release Bohning Archery Sure Loc Vortex Optics Easton Archery Johns Custom Strings PAT: Promoting Archery Together

Well said.

Some things just never change.
    James Drouillard- Adams Archery adamsarchery.com...Hoyt...Gold Tip...Trophy Taker...BStinger...Scott Archery...CBE Sights...AAE

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjim67 View Post
    Jim you not shooting this year?
    Bow "Subject to change without notice"

Quote Originally Posted by Bigjim67 View Post
    Does that mean that there are two many IBO qualifiers also.
    IBO outdoor - 11 plus Full quiver (indoor but part of triple threat)=12
    ASA outdoor - 12
    Some of us shoot both and enjoy the difference both have to offer.
    Why put down either. If you don't like it then don't support it but the clubs put in a lot of work setting courses and then they get this kind of comments. These are the same clubs hosting ASA as host IBO shoots.

Quote Originally Posted by ruttinbuck View Post
    Well, it was scheduled on a IBO weekend. Not sure what the ASA was thinking.
    James
    What makes it an IBO weekend. Its a weekend in June that has two 3d organizations hosting shoots for the shooters of Michigan to participate in at their choice. Some of us shot both (or works one and shoots one). If you look at the schedules of both ASA and IBO in the state you will see lots of conflicts all summer between both of them and other archery activities.
    I put in a lot of work in for the good of shooters in Michigan, I am the one that schedules ASA shoots and also helped with the IBO schedule. So you are saying this against me, well thank you very much.

Yes, I am shooting, really just flinging arrows

I like shooting any where I can, but with my work schedule I can hardly travel to 6 ASA, it's hard enough driving to the IBO triple crown, but I like to compete.
    "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and
    expecting a different results. "

"You can not control what happens in your life: what matters is how you handle what happens"

not that any body really cares for my 2cents, but here is my perspective. I am alot like many others, I really enjoy shooting(spots, field, 3-d), and really enjoy new company and new courses and terrain. Do i like IBO more than ASA? No, i enjoy the both of them, and for the similar yet different formats from the way the target is scored to the start times and peer groups. Each has both its ups and its downs. And alot of you have seen me as well pull double duty of shooting in the past years and now this year, its been different for me. Life has gotten in my way much more than the past and now I can't make it to all of the shoots. I too am like hooker, I have to drive a long ways away to shoot any given tournament, and honestly, thats why I havent been able to be at all the shoots this year. I too am like alot of the people in this state who can not afford the travels of nationals, or time off of work and family to do so(and I am real fortunate to have made what nationals I have been to in the past), so shooting within our state fits my life so much better. However, I will credit the ASA over the IBO with this, the ASA does offer more sanctioned tournaments that are with in an hour drive of my home instead of 3+ hrs for the average IBO shoots. I wish we could do some sort of three zone IBO triple crown(some where in the U.P., northern lower, and one southern) but its obvious that if there is a tournament only an hour away from your home, its much more ecinomical to shoot that than to have to drive 3+ to do it. So there are really two sides to each IBO and ASA, Jack, Troy, Keith and all have done an great job communicating the calander of tournaments to offer some thing for each and every week end of the short lived 3d season. My hats off to them, shoot straight all!

Gary hope to see you when we can. Wherever it is. Setting up a northern IBO or ASA is up to the shooters and clubs up there. I would happily set up shoots in the UP or Northern lower, have the clubs call me. And the IBO would if the interest is there. All it takes is for shooters to support it and a club to host it. The clubs can set a course but what will it take to get the shooters there.
    We can get ride of SOY if the archers want to but so far those that shoot ASA likes it and keep it in the state. There is a 100 mile rule in Michigan but we try not to schedule ASA against ASA or IBO vs IBO shoots on the same date in the State. If we get something going up north we may have to schedule shoots on the same day. Maybe a 200 mile rule.

well I'm sure everyone appreciates the hard work the clubs and volunteers put in to host these shoots. however,not all but I think most prefer the ibo. I could be wrong but i think the numbers will back me on this. so for the future keith, I would try not to schedule shoots on the same weekend for the clubs sake. But with both organizations having as many shoots, sure there is gonna be some conflict, and that stinks because clubs are the one who lose in the end. just my thoughts

Keith...I know I came across like I don't appreciate your effort to help make the ASA grow in our state...so I apologize to you. You bust your butt to get this organization to where it is today. I have talked to you and Mike before about scheduling conflicts. It will always be a problem. But how can you expect clubs to want to host a ASA event when these clubs are getting 8, 35 or 40 something shooters? My internet is down and typing this on my phone sucks. I hope I can talk to you in person at Erie. Again your work does not go unnoticed.
    Jamie

Since we are collecting money $.02 at a time, I will throw mine into the hat. I like both organizations and appreciate all the work that goes into every event. They both offer unique challenges and classes for every age, gender and skill level. Keeping the ASA tourneys closer to the Detroit metro area would draw more shooters. That is just plain logistics. More people per square mile within a short driving distance of the shoots means a better turnout. It would seem more logical to me to cater to the greater number of shooters in the areas to draw bigger numbers. After it is all said and done, it boils down the the number of dollars generated for both the sanctioning organization and the clubs. Although I understand the ASA does much better in the Indoor season, scheduling a shoot the same weekend as the 4th leg of the IBO Triple seems odd. Everyone that struggled at White Tail Acres used Washtenaw to better their overall number. Something to think about for next year.
    Thanks to both Sanctioning bodies for the opportunity to shoot, and all the hard work and donated time to make it fun for all of us.

PRIME BOWS- WHERE ACCURACY IS EVERYTHING

MOON SHINE ATTITUDE ATTIRE- GET YOUR SHINE ON!!

In my opinion the ASA has yet to cater to Michigan archers like the IBO has on a national level.A lot of your shooters use the state tournaments to prep themselves for the Nationals. Therefore because of the way the IBO National Triple Crown is closer guys can afford to practice and go to them.The same shooters have no need to go to ASA shoots if they aren't planning on shooting any ASA national shoots.I believe that if the ASA could come up with a series of northern shoots that more Michigan, Indiana, and Ohio shooters would be more willing to go to their states tournaments for practice. I enjoy shooting both organizations, however until the ASA can offer a closer national schedule I'm shooting IBO.

Well then! As soon as ibo starts breaking up groups of guys that ride and shoot together all the time, like there supposed to then maybe i will shoot more ibo! Can't beat the buddy score keeping system no matter how well you shoot! Not to mention all the guys letting their buddies know that are shooting later, the distance to the targets! And i am sure that the guys reading this know what i am talking about! Just shoot your bow where ever you want and shut up! And Kieth, sorry about complaining about not shooting with my peers in my class! Forget i ever said anything, i will shoot with the women and kids any day, you definitely dont here this bs with them!

Yardage or no yardage you still have to make the shot I shoot just as good or better not knowing the yardage.. I believe their is too many asa shoots in michigan that are too far away Ive made the close ones but the longer ones I cant afford to make them one weekend and then a national event the next then another ibo in michigan next, alot of people cant afford that.. Im one of them. I made all but one asa indoor but could only make 2 outdoor some reasons are conflicts with michigan ibos and other would be distance Im sure this is why other people dont do it as well.. I went to London ASA and had a blast, had just as much fun maybe more than the national IBOs ive been to.. Mark Im your huckleberry lol...
    Just killin foam

Asa, ibo! It doesnt matter!!! The pissing and winning about how far and how many and schedule conflicts is ******ed!!! We can afford $2,000 dollars on a bow and some excessaries and all the other crap that we toat through the woods, but can't afford $60- $70 in gas! I dont buy it!!! I think there is more in it than that! The real reasons normally show up on the score cards!!! And if this hits home with some people, well then you know!!!

Well this was a interesting thread. Good info by all. ( A ARCHER IN THE STATE OF MICHIGAN, U.S.A. )

Would love to hit more state shoots, but work and family obligations always get in the way. I really need to retire or become independently wealthy