Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Prime Bows?????

Prime Bows?????

So who has shot these things? I would like to shoot one. My pros hop has some left over from last year and I would like to know I it is worth the time of trying one out. I think it's the Centroid LR I'm interested in. 34 and some change in ATA sounds more my speed then this 32" I am currently shooting.

Anyways, who has one, has shot one knows people who have or whatever the case???

they are ok. little heavy. if you like the fatter grip you will like it. they shoot straight and smooth.
    14 Strother Vital
    14 Xpedition Xcentric
    13 Athens Convixtion
    12 Athens Exceed
    12 Athens Afllixion

We have sold several and have never had a complaint.

They are a bit heavy but they are real shooters. If you try to work on them yourself you may need a second pair of hands. That cam system can be a bit of a bear to work on.

If the 2011 bow we have leftover wasn't a 70lb bow, I'd have it in my basement.
    I shoot bows. All kinds of bows.

My opinions are MY OPINIONS. Take them for what they are worth.

You cant beat em Their not that heavy side plates can be removed if you like a thinner grip go give one a try youll love em they shoot straight great wall great speed. Mine has shrunk my groups and improved my scores..
    Just killin foam

Funny how opinions are so different. I love the idea of the level nock travel and lack of cam lean. I wanted this to be my new bow. However, I could not stand the draw cycle. Just my opinion. Hear it is a shooter however !

I have a Centroid and it is the best shooting bow i have ever shot with the Bowtech Tribute a close second.The draw cycle is a little stiff at the beginning but i adjusted quickly. I love how smooth the draw is ,has a solid wall and no jump in the hand at all! Very quiet,very accurate. You won't go wrong with the Centroid!
    2011 Prime Centroid, Hamskea Versa Rest, Custom Black Gold Vengeance
    60X Strings Field Staff www.60xcustomstrings.com , B Stinger
    Stan Just X, Scott Rhino XT, DCA Arrows

I shot both primes when I was making my recent purchase. My decision was between the HeliM which I bought and the Prime Shift. I ended up choosing the HeliM because it draws SO smooth. The weight between the HeliM and the Shift is 0.3lbs. Thats not on the heavy side if you ask me. The Primes are very very nice bows. Draw cycle is a bit stiff but no means is it the stiffest I shot. Dead in the hand and very little vibration. A little bit pricey but you get free strings and cables every 2 years. I highly recommend at giving them a try. Sometimes I'm not 100% I made the best decision.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Life is tough, it's even tougher when you're stupid.

Top heavy(not too bad), pretty loud(tried everything, NOTHING worked), dont care for the draw, hold amazing, shoot amazing. Great fit and finish. I HATE loud bows! Had mine less than two weeks and almost gave it away. May be great for just target, but THERE IS NO WAY I would EVER hunt with one. I had the centroid by the way.

The centroid is a great shooter, smoothest draw cycle that have ever had. Great grip very repeatable solid wall, no vibe at the shot dead in your hand. The 2011 are a little bit heavier than the 2012. Some people say there a little heavy no different than most bow's in its class. Ive owned Hoyt Bowtec and Elite, I just sold my pure but still have my Z, the pure was a great bow but I like the grip on the prime better and there is no hand shock at all. You can't go wrong with the centroid its an amazing bow. But you should them all decide for your self, There are so many great bow company's out there shoot as many as you can. Good Luck hopefully that helps you a little.

I had the Centroid, HeliM and Answer set up to my specs and shot all three for awhile. Although I like the PRIME, I ranked it a 3rd out of the three. The draw was considerably stiff in comparison. The bow felt heavy, I could feel the mass. The weight distribution felt different than the Answer. The HeliM is crazy light. The bow was nice and I would love to have one but it was step behind the Answer and HeliM IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by HOYT'n em! View Post
    Top heavy(not too bad), pretty loud(tried everything, NOTHING worked), dont care for the draw, hold amazing, shoot amazing. Great fit and finish. I HATE loud bows! Had mine less than two weeks and almost gave it away. May be great for just target, but THERE IS NO WAY I would EVER hunt with one. I had the centroid by the way.
    This is the most ridiculous statement in this entire thread. If you wanted it quieter, you didn't try very hard, IMO! A little work goes a long ways and I'd put my Centroid up against any bow you think is quiet enough to hunt with... I can provide sound clips to prove it (already have, too). I can tolerate some people thinking the draw is stiffer, or the bow is heavier to some extent, but I can get a Centroid as quiet as most bows on the market with just a touch of sweet lovin!

i love my shift. quiet, smooth. just an awesome shooter. i don't get the fat grip comment, mine has a very thin grip. i guess you need to try one for yourself and decide.

Quote Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
    This is the most ridiculous statement in this entire thread. If you wanted it quieter, you didn't try very hard, IMO! A little work goes a long ways and I'd put my Centroid up against any bow you think is quiet enough to hunt with... I can provide sound clips to prove it (already have, too). I can tolerate some people thinking the draw is stiffer, or the bow is heavier to some extent, but I can get a Centroid as quiet as most bows on the market with just a touch of sweet lovin!
    My buddy i was shooting with told me my centroid was real quiet. I have done some work to get mine as quiet as it is.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

I have a shift and it's the best bow i have shot this year and I shoot and own a lot of bows.
    www.ikesoutdoors.com Bow and Product Reviews, How-to videos and more
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ikesoutdoors

shot Prime Shift,Mathews Z7,Elite Answer, Bowtech Assassin,Hoyt Vecto 32,pse Vendetta...prime shot good,but none of them compares to the Elite Answer...only one close was Z7(not extreme). actually loved the Z7 but it didn't feel like the Elite..i have had it 2 weeks and i got my first robin hood ever at 26 yards
    Robertson Fatal Styk 60" 60# @ 28"
    Horne Archery T/D Brush Bow longbow 62" 47# @ 28"

I love mine best shooting bow I have owned it draws like a bianary cam bow so stiff up front then smooth all the way back to the wall. Holds great on target and has also shrunk my groups.
    1) God
    2) family
    3) everything else

Awesome shooter, smooth and dead in the hand. Definately heavy and definately not the most quiet bow made.

What have you done to quiet up your primes?

Quote Originally Posted by huckfinn38 View Post
    My buddy i was shooting with told me my centroid was real quiet. I have done some work to get mine as quiet as it is.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    I'll be the first to admit that the dampeners they put on at the factory aren't doing the bow any favors. For those of you who "have tried it all" and still not found success, try this: Limbsavers on the limbs, norway stop on the string suppressor, and your personal favorite string silencers. These should have been the factory selections, IMO... and serve to quiet the bow A TON. If you want to get really crazy about it, throw on some XS2 strings... holy smokes I can't believe how much those do to quiet the bow (probably any bow). I'd put my Centroid up against anything on the market in terms of noise on the shot. Pretty minor time investment, huge returns!

Quote Originally Posted by eltaco View Post
    I did not like the bow, period. It was loud, period. Someone a little sensetive? If yours is quiet, and you like it, good....im happy for you. Mine was the loudest pos bow i ever owned, the guy asked for experience, i gave him mine. I would not take another prime if it was given to me....fact. i dont like them, and i am entitled to my opinion. I have been shooting for 25 years, and i KNOW how to quiet a bow down...i did not like the bow enough to buy a bunch of aftermarket crap and put MORE money into it, i knew pretty quick i was not keeping the bow, so it would have been stupid to buy a bunch of stuff. Had the limbsavers, string supressors....still loud. Played with string stop...nothing. the bow held and shot fantastic, but i dont like them.

I did not like the bow, period. It was loud, period. Someone a little sensetive? If yours is quiet, and you like it, good....im happy for you. Mine was the loudest pos bow i ever owned, the guy asked for experience, i gave him mine. I would not take another prime if it was given to me....fact. i dont like them, and i am entitled to my opinion. I have been shooting for 25 years, and i KNOW how to quiet a bow down...i did not like the bow enough to buy a bunch of aftermarket crap and put MORE money into it, i knew pretty quick i was not keeping the bow, so it would have been stupid to buy a bunch of stuff. Had the limbsavers, string supressors....still loud. Played with string stop...nothing. the bow held and shot fantastic, but i dont like them.
    Nah, I'm not sensitive, just can't stand it when people clearly have an agenda and make statements that hold no water. If you couldn't get the bow quiet, you absolutely have no idea what you're doing, that's a fact. Again, I'll provide some sound clips if you want to hear what they're capable of... I'll even put it up against your beloved Hoyts if you wish... I just happen to have an Element lying right here If you don't like the bow, that's okay by me... everyone is free to their opinion and not one bow is for everyone, but some let's try keep it honest at least! If your bow was half as loud as you're saying, either something was wrong with it or your ear is better than my decible meter and sound clips. Did you check tuning or even look for the excessive noise?

I shot a Centroid, it was a lefty and I'm right handed so it probably isn't a totally fair account, but for sure the draw was not even close to my Elite Pure and probably more comparable to my Answer, although I thought the Answer drew easier and every bit as smooth. The Centroid I shot was a blue target colored one and made a different kind of sound at the shot, definitely not near as quiet as the Answer. My final opinion, buy an Answer, get a bow that shoots every bit as well, is quieter, and save yourself $150-250 bucks!
    Elite XLR, Z28, Pure and Tour

I bought a centroid last year, my groups shrank and became more square. It's smooth,fast, some are louder than others I'll admit that. It was one of the easiest bows to tune I've ever owned and had fit and finish right up there with any Hoyt I've ever owned. It weighs about the same as everyone else bows and balances really well.

The Centriod I shot was pretty dang quiet and drew pretty smooth as well, a little stiff up front but not nearly as bad as the Carbon Element I was shooting side by side with it. All that being said nothing compared to the Answer I shot that day!

But different strokes for different folks I guess, I think your the first person to not like the Prime bows!

I shot all the new bows for 2012 as soon as I shot the Centroid I liked it. To me it might have a different sound but not loud. What I really liked about it was how well it held and how little vibration there was. I dont give a rats azz if you like the bow or not. I do and in the end I am the one shelling out the cash.
    2013 Prime Impact, Hoyt Maxxis 35

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast