Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: He Man Woman Haters Club?

Thumbs down He Man Woman Haters Club?

I found out today that a local club that we were interested in joining does not allow women to become members. However they have no problem accepting our money to shoot on weekends. I guess more than anything I'm a little put off by this. I expect a bit more out of the archery world perhaps? Have you guys run into this in your neck of the woods? Thoughts??
    Staff Shooter for: Moon Shine Attitude Attire, Smooth Stability, VaporTrail Archery "Quit Your Crying", Trophy Blend Scents, Log6, True Spot Scopes, and U-Slide Bowholder "What's Holding Your Bow?"

Put them on blast right here. That way everyone in your part of Ohio knows that, this is their policy. I would never give another cent to a place that my wife couldn't be a member with me.

Hmmm show up in a skirt tank top and bow and say we found a place next door and that's a shame! Hope things work out for you

WOW! I guess they are afraid of getting beat by a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubby'smom View Post
    WOW! I guess they are afraid of getting beat by a woman.
    Agreed, very good point!
    2013 Athens Convixtion
    2012 Obsession SS
    2012 Strother Hope
    Ragim Black Bear Recurve

Unacceptable!!
    Electric Pink Mathews Jewel 50lbs, 25"

Agree with NMhunter I would never join if my wife couldn`t. Unfortunately there are some guys whose ego`s get bruised if they get beat by a woman. And now days there are so many good women hunters and target shooters,
    it`s pretty easy to get beat. My wife hunting and shooting with me are some of my greatest memories, and I used
    to kid if we were eating wild game she probably shot it. Hope someone gets enlightened. Graybeard62
    The love of my life dwells with the Great Spirit in the heavenly hunting grounds.
    Remembering Kathy 8-13-47 to 6-23-07

______________________________ ____
    Hoyt Power Hawk / Hoyt Super Hawk bone collector
    Carbon Express 4560
    Scott little goose
    HHA sight

Hard to believe! I went to a local club for a 3D shoot and saw this sign above the warm up bales, I could tell they are not used to women shooting there, I got "The look". It took at least 15 minutes to find a group of guys that would let me join their group. Happy to say I beat them all!

No broad head.jpg
    Bowtech Invasion - Black Ops 27", 42#, 275fps
    Hoyt AlphaMax 32 - 27", 42#, 262fps

Wow I sure am glad that I'm not the only one who is bothered by this. It bothers me even more that they have no problem taking my money on a Saturday to shoot but I am not good enough to join? There are alot of perks to joining the big one being that I could hunt the property. So maybe they are afraid I will see their 'boy parts' (lol) as they pee out of their stands? I still haven't decided how I'm going to handle approaching the people I know who are a part of this club about how I feel as I don't want to 'attack' them I want to be professional about how I handle it.

I see that some of you have dealt with clubs that aren't used to women too. It's common but usually I am met with guys talking about how they wish their girls would shoot or how more women need to join etc.
    Staff Shooter for: Moon Shine Attitude Attire, Smooth Stability, VaporTrail Archery "Quit Your Crying", Trophy Blend Scents, Log6, True Spot Scopes, and U-Slide Bowholder "What's Holding Your Bow?"

Is this even legal nowadays? I would think a club rule like that would just be begging for a discrimination lawsuit.

Unfortunaty there is one close by here as well that women can not be members but can come shoot with a male member. I found this out after paying my yearly dues never to step foot back on the property, I just chalked that one up to a donation to the beer cooler.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2
    NITROTEAMATHENS ARCHERY FACTORY STAFFATHENSARCHERY.COM
    TRU BALL SHOOTING STAFFBlack Eagle Arrows Shooting StaffLTL ACORN OUTDOORS PRO STAFF
    RIP little GRACIE

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawkclint View Post
    Is this even legal nowadays? I would think a club rule like that would just be begging for a discrimination lawsuit.
    It is legal for a private club to exclude, it is also down right stupid. I guess they want to sit around together in their underwear and scratch themselves. I love shooting with my wife and daughter and wouldn't trade those times for anything.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not."
    — Dr. Seuss (The Lorax)

Quote Originally Posted by nitroteam View Post
    Unfortunaty there is one close by here as well that women can not be members but can come shoot with a male member. I found this out after paying my yearly dues never to step foot back on the property, I just chalked that one up to a donation to the beer cooler.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

RED ARROW ARCHERY SUPPLIES
    BLACK EAGLE ARROWS
    U-SLIDE.COM WHAT'S HOLDING YOUR BOW ?

Quote Originally Posted by jayhawkclint View Post
    I kept asking myself HOW it could even be legal but I think as stated above it's a private club so they can do as they please. I hear of other clubs having guys night which is completely fine. Guys and ladies need their time alone and just do their own thing. Maybe this club needs to open their eyes and realize that there are more women shooters and these guys have daughters who might shoot and may leave the club when they can't bring them along. Then again I can just imagine the treatment we might get if we could join.......

maybe it's a rule just so the guys have a reason to go hang out with just their buddies, but if i had a girl that shot i would deffinately be finding a place down the road... if you can find a girl that you don't have to explain to where you're going to be the whole month of october and november, and better yet she's a bow hunter and you'll be doing the same, what could be any better?

Thats ridiculous! We have a lot of female shooters at our local club and welcome the ladies to come. Just flat out stupid!! If I was married and they wouldn't let my wife join I'd not be joining myself!
    John 3:16
    Matrix 380

Augusta Country Club is like that.
    i don't see the point in it unless there's a deeper reason other than 'thats how its always been'.

Which club was it?

my question is, if they're gonna be like that, why do you even wanna be part of the club?
    That's like suing someone because they won't hire you for a job. you really wanna be in that environment?
    i'd chalk it up to their ignorance and keep moving.
    Team 11- Caped & Quartered

Yes, we're just that good.

I would not support their shoots. The mixture of hormones on the range is great. Too much testosterone or estrogen is not good over the long haul lol, so balance is beautiful.
    Romans 5:12

If you dont mind me asking.. What is the name of said club so my g/f and I never go to it.. If you dont want to put it out there please pm me the name of the club..
    2- 2010 Elite Z28 black/ ...
    2010 Elite XLR
    Nok'd Up Archery Staff Shooter
    DaVinci Bowstrings, TRU Ball, Gold Tip, Bohning
    U.S. ARMY Operation Iraqi Freedom VET.. STAND BEHIND OR STAND IN FRONT OF US...

I haven't seen any clubs around here that do that. Our club just inducted a new life member who is a woman. She always puts out just as much effort as all the guys and is treated as an equal.
    2010 Hoyt Maxxis 31 Black Out with RKT 2.2 cams
    Pine Bluff Bowhunters

Quote Originally Posted by AmishArcher View Post
    Augusta Country Club is like that.
    i don't see the point in it unless there's a deeper reason other than 'thats how its always been'.

Which club was it?

my question is, if they're gonna be like that, why do you even wanna be part of the club?
    That's like suing someone because they won't hire you for a job. you really wanna be in that environment?
    i'd chalk it up to their ignorance and keep moving.
    That's pretty much my thought I would not join now because of how the environment would end up being for us women. I wanted to join and just found out this weekend that I could not. Still fuming about it lol

I just started shooting and I've run into a few crabby old men at the local sports stores, but also met some really nice men who have helped me get started. I think the ratio is 50/50. I have been surprised that so many of them seem to push me into hunting, I would have thought that was 'their' world. I'm glad you posted this so I won't be surprised if I run into this situation.

There's a word for a club full of guys who dont want women around its spelled: G-A-Y.......

Seriously, what a bunch of idiots.

2013 Ten Point Tactical XLT
    2013 Ten Point Stealth SS / Eotech 512
    Self Sufficent, Self Reliant, Self Aware

They gotta be a group of gays that don't like haven women around!
    June 26th is a day of shame for America. Please have mercy Lord, they know not what they have done.

Lol!
    2014 Hoyt Pro Comp Elite SureLoc S2 scope/Black Eagle 6x Easton 2712
    Barnett Ghost 350 Carbonlite Crossbow 175lbs 350fps Barnett Crank Device
    2010 Parker Sidekick XP Davis Sight Rip Cord Tru Fire Hard Buckle MAX Release Gold Tip ProHunter
    Diamond Infinite. Hoyt Tryton

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast