a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Can't Get Limb Bolts To Budge Need Help!!

Can't Get Limb Bolts To Budge Need Help!!

Im trying to adjust the poundage on my new bow that I just got and I can't get the limb bolts to move a lick!!!!!!!!! Any way to get these things to budge!?

what bow

Is there lock-tite on the threads or is it just bound up?
    Obsession Evolution 70#
    NAP Kill zone
    Black Eagle Carnivores

the bow is a Jennings T-Master VPS and I am not sure if there is lock-tite on them or not

The easiest and safest way to get them out is to relax the limbs by taking the strings off. After that you should be good to go. I had the same problem and that is what I did. Good luck.
    2013 Strother Rush XT, 2010 Elite Judge
    Plus a bunch of other bows
    I just love to shoot. Isn't that what its all about?

Some bows (like my Dartons) have a locking bolt (from the other end of the threaded limb bolt hole) that'll you'll need to loosen first.

press it and remove the string .. this should make it easy to get them to back out...
    WWW.PROLINEBOWSTRINGS.COM OR CALL 513-801-5984
    HAYMONDSARCHERY.COM OR CALL 315-681-1676
    DEERCROSSING ARCHERY DEALER

Now on Facebook at www.facebook.com/HaymondsArchery

I checked this thing up and down for locking bolts and it don't have em.... and im just going to take it to the shop tomorrow morning and get it pressed and adjusted! thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by RAYHUNTS View Post
    The easiest and safest way to get them out is to relax the limbs by taking the strings off. After that you should be good to go. I had the same problem and that is what I did. Good luck.
    This has always worked for me. Once relaxed you can remove them with your fingers. It is amazing to me how often limb bolts get bent. Check them for bend. Axles also bend easily. Anytime you have to drive out an axle on a bow, you need to replace the axles. Lubrication helps. use some lithium grease about once a year.

They are probably rusted/gunked up. Have your shop press the bow, remove the string and cables take the bolts out clean them re-lube them and put it back together. Well they have it apart clean the limb pockets and a little lube on the rockers. Before they reassemble the bow use some paraffin wax on the edge of the limbs where they contact the pockets-----you will never have any problems with noise from rubbing there.
    Have a good day and a better hunt

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_B1 View Post
    They are probably rusted/gunked up. Have your shop press the bow, remove the string and cables take the bolts out clean them re-lube them and put it back together. Well they have it apart clean the limb pockets and a little lube on the rockers. Before they reassemble the bow use some paraffin wax on the edge of the limbs where they contact the pockets-----you will never have any problems with noise from rubbing there.
    Listen to the info here. I had a bow with a sqweak and followed Dale's info and the rest of the time I had the bow completely quiet.
    PSE Bruin 60lbs @ 28"---PSE Sidewinder 60lbs @ 28"---Scotts Mongoose---Beman ICS Hunters 400---Rocky Mountain Snypers---Summit Cobra X4---Realtree Hardwoods---Summit Seat of the Pants.

Be Safe Shoot Straight

Ratchet with an allen socket

Little allen wrenches flex too much.

If you take it to a shop make sure they
    place anti seize on the bolts when they
    reassemble

Quote Originally Posted by rodney482 View Post
    Ratchet with an allen socket

Little allen wrenches flex too much.

If you take it to a shop make sure they
    place anti seize on the bolts when they
    reassemble
    X2

no flex and longer lever= less effort

Quote Originally Posted by Dale_B1 View Post
    Good advice
    2013 Bowtech Experience
    2007 Bowtech Commander.

I am having the same issue on my Ross CR334.
    "One does not hunt in order to kill; on the contrary, one kills in order to have hunted." ~~ Jose Ortega y Gasset

I wouldn't press the bow with out backing the limb bolts you could damage the bow. Rachet with an allen socket like rodney 482 said.

Quote Originally Posted by Speed2Max View Post
    I wouldn't press the bow with out backing the limb bolts you could damage the bow. Rachet with an allen socket like rodney 482 said.
    Inline press pushing on the limb tips don't need bolts backing out.
    To be honest, pressing a bow just enough to remove the string with other types shouldn't hurt.
    Trying to force the bolts if they are seized ain't gonna do the bow anygood either.

Kev
    AlienX, Next camo, 63lbs, 405gr@270fps, for bigger game.
    AlienX, Black/Skullz 60lbs, 340gr@300fps, AlienX, Next Camo, 56lb, 304gr@300fps, for 3D
    2003 Hoyt Razortec XT2000 63lb, 360gr@275fps, for 3D and light game.
    2008 Parker Trailblazer XP/Hoyt cam 1/2 Frankenbow 62lb,
    Samick T/D Recurve 50lb @ 28"

Got it fixed guys took it to a shop and had it pressed and adjusted!

Quote Originally Posted by razorsedge45648 View Post
    Got it fixed guys took it to a shop and had it pressed and adjusted!
    Cool

Kev
    AlienX, Next camo, 63lbs, 405gr@270fps, for bigger game.
    AlienX, Black/Skullz 60lbs, 340gr@300fps, AlienX, Next Camo, 56lb, 304gr@300fps, for 3D
    2003 Hoyt Razortec XT2000 63lb, 360gr@275fps, for 3D and light game.
    2008 Parker Trailblazer XP/Hoyt cam 1/2 Frankenbow 62lb,
    Samick T/D Recurve 50lb @ 28"