Thread: 2012 AT Spring Turkey Contest Wrap-Up Thread

Thumbs up 2012 AT Spring Turkey Contest Wrap-Up Thread

Congrats to Team 3 – Gobbling Fools for their victory in this year’s contest!

You can check out the Top 10 and Team Scores for 2012 Seventh Annual Spring Turkey Contest in the 2012 AT Turkey Contest check station thread. The pdf file below in this thread is a summary of how our teams did this year compared with prior years.

Well, it was a tough year overall. We had fewer participants than in any previous year. And we pretty much had less overall success, too. Only 20% of our hunters scored a bird, compare with an average of 22% in each of the last 2 years and an average of 21% over the years (including 12% in 2007). Make no mistake about it, turkey hunting is a tough business. However, we did produce the longest beard scored for a bird since that data began being tracked in 2009.

Whether or not you were successful in scoring a bird, Randy and I hope you enjoyed your time in the field and the camaraderie of your teammates. We’ll look for you back here next spring and hope that your fall hunting season is very successful. Look for sign-ups in the League Play Forum for the 9th annual ArcheryTalk Deer Contest starting July 7.

Beamen123 (Randy) & Midlife Crisis (Tom)
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2011 Destroyer 340; QAD Ultra Pro HD; Axcel 7 pin; Beman ICS Hunter; Slick Trick, & Spitfire Gobbler Getter broadheads; Scott Wolf release.

Wear a safety harness and use a Summit Climbing System: I hook up - for me and my family!!

Thanks again for running the contest guys!
    B2E Hunt Club, NJ......Eden Ridge, KY
    '05 Switchback 68# -260 F.P.S.-Scott Wildcat-Beaman ICS 340- QAD- Spott Hogg SLICK TRICKS 125gr...
    '09 Admiral 70#- Hunter Hogg-it .... QAD - ST magnums 100gr- Easton axis- Posten 8"

Thanks it was a great season and have fun looking at all the pictures and reading about the stories.
    AUTHORIZED DEALER !!SITKA GEAR, CORE 4 ELEMENT... ASAT CAMO... PREDATOR CAMO...OBSESSION BOWS... PRIME BOWS... PSE BOWS...BOSS BUCK FEEDERS,,GRIZZLY COOLERS,,,LONE WOLF TREESTANDS. MILLENNIUM TREESTANDS AND MANY MORE. EASTON ARROWS. GOLD TIP ARROWS,, STOKERIZED STABILIZERS,, B-STINGER AND MOST ANYTHING HUNTING RELATED WWW.SOUTHERNSTYLEARCHERY.COM

Thanks again Randy and Tom, for all your work keeping this contest going every year! I always have fun!

Will there be a turkey contest this year?

MATHEWS CREED TACTICAL - Z7 CAMO- ELITE E35 APS
    JBK BOWSTRINGS PRO STAFF www.jbkstrings.com
    DEAD CENTER ARCHERY PRODUCTS PRO STAFF