Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Is it just me or has anyone else noticed...

Quote Originally Posted by fishycatfish View Post
    Why do you care how anyone spells? If they can't spell at their age now it isn't like they're going to learn now, especially because you say so.
    I never said that anybody had to do anything. My original post simply stated the fact that some users of this forum don't spell very well. It's an observation. It's like saying, "Wow, it was really hot today."

You know, I just realized that the greatest thread in the history of AT, the fantastic Xbowhunter "Skwerel" etch a sketch thread... the one with stuff like a "dere" stick drawn with an X on the rump and the note suggesting to shoot there that caused a massive stir until people realized it was a joke and started adding stuff like "beres" and other animals. The demolition of good spelling caused me to belly laugh for weeks... heck, thinking about it now causes me to belly laugh
    Strikes me as funny that my mountain bikes wheels are only a half inch shorter than my 29.5" draw length...

Here's a good one:

"i am looking for someone to invest in my new ideal for bow hunters have it patton pinden do not know were to go"

It's a mute point......instead of moot.
    I love the smell of dentin in the morning.

"they say the empty can rattles the most
    the sound of your own voice must soothe you
    hearing only what you want to hear
    and knowing only what you've heard"

Normally I don't care about spelling much. But my favorite is "outta". I have had the same person use the word to mean both "ought to" and "out of" a couple times in the same sentence. Lol what can you do?
    Bowtech Heartbreaker, camo, 26.5" DL, 60#, 270 fps, 59ke
    Gold Tip Warrior 5575, 27", 4" vanes, 100grn tip, 353grns
    Trophy Ridge Revolution rest, apex axim 4 pin sight
    Spot Hogg Friday night delight release

[QUOTE=Boonie P;1064279596]
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoo View Post
    Yup, your one of them word snobs. Did you have trouble understanding my meaning there? If not, what's the big deal.[/

Perhaps you feel that my post is a personal attack on people? I simply pointed out that misspelled words have a home here on AT. If you truly feel the way you do then I suggest that you never apply for a job requiring a resume. Thems are my thoughtses.
    I'm not filling out a resume here. I'm relating my thoughts to others in a casual manner, much as I would down at the coffee shop.
    Strother Moxie "Black Death" 60# 28"......... Elite E32 65# 28"
    TrophyTaker SmackDown ......................... TrophyTaker SmackDown
    Black Gold Ascent single pin ...................... Sword Apex 5 pin

*** do this thred hav to do with chit !!!!! get a dam lifeee

Wouldn't be for the patch on my shirt I wouldn't spell my name right
    I don't want to be the guy in the coffin that people walk up and say he sure wanted go alot of places and do alot of things,when i lay there I want them to say this guy went places and did things he didnt just talk about them

Its called short hand typing. Kind of like that texting jargon but a little more descriptive. LOL

Or the poster is just a lazy ass and not wanting to type OR SPELL CORRECTLY!.

I did a paper in college that proved that the human mind will auto fill the meaning and recognize a word just by the first and last letters of the word being correct.

What did you think of the movie last night? = waht did you tnink of the moive lsat nihgt? It was a 1000 word essay about the English language. Prof called me to the office and asked me to explain it. I asked him if he READ it. He indicated that he did but it took him a while. Then asked him if he understood it? He said yes.. then I said, Whats your problem then, point was made right?
    2014 Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo, Blackout, QAD HDX rest, MBG Accent 3 pin slider, Tight Spot, X rod. Axis 400's. 405.5gr
    2012 Hoyt Vector 32, Epic 340's 425.5gr w/Muzzy mx3, Copper John DN Mark3 5 pin, QAD HXD, X rod.

Shuckins, I gis luv it ear.

Huked on foniks wurked fer me!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12