Thread: Looking for a South Florida bow shop, w/ PSE expertise for tuning

Looking for a South Florida bow shop, w/ PSE expertise for tuning

I'm looking for a bow shop in South Florida that has knowledge and expertise with PSE bows, and will take time to help me get my bow properly adjusted and tuned. I'm certain that I could just do a search on here and find out about area shops etc.... but I want to know about the help and service these places provide. I recently had the string replaced on my Brute LT. However, I've been trying to get it squared away, and could use some help getting it properly tuned. While Bass Pro (the place of purchase) hasn't tried to stick me with tons of new accessories, I'm looking for someplace different to get assistance with my bow now.

I know that Gator Guns and Archery in West Palm sells PSE stuff, but I have never heard about how their bow techs are, and everytime I've gone in to look around, have felt like I was intruding on something... I never felt like the archery area there has been very customer service friendly. Can anyone provide an insight into this shop?

Are there any other shops around that provide good service, take time with the customer, and help get things tuned, rather than just try to sell more stuff?

BL

I can help you. I've got a retail shop in West Boca Raton and I'm a PSE dealer as well. The shop is called Palm Beach Archery. I specialize in teaching archery and tuning bows as well as selling supplies. I'm a competitive archer and hunter. Come in and check the store out. Phone number is 561-479-2319.
    <----<<< John >>>----->
    Palm Beach Archery
    www.palmbeacharchery.com
    Boca Raton, Florida

John Waterhouse at Archery's Best Edge is the guy to go to in Miami. I dont know where youre at in South Florida but I saw you mention WPB so I am sure JuniorsOutdoor can set you up right! Good luck!

Gator guns do sell PSE and are some good peeps. Dave Taylor is an excellent guy to work with,he's helped me with several bows over the years. John Waterhouse is way down deep in Miami,by Kendall,,,also EXCELLENT,,,he's set up a few bows from me that I ordered from him (all PSE bows)

Juniors now called Palm Beach Archery owned by John who answered you here,is the closest to you if you are in Broward as a law man. I use him and he is a stand up guy and I have no qualms to reccommend him to you. He has PSE and Pearson bows, hunting supplies,nice little range where you can try out the bow as he tweaks it for you (John Waterhouse,last i've been there was Jet's Outdoors had no range). John also cuts and fletches some nice custom arrows,is very active in the local archery range,Gold Coast Archers and is highly visible locally in archery. You wont go wrong with him. I use him and am glad I dont have to drive so far to Miami to visit John Waterhouse.

BTW Derek @ Gator is good with Mathews bows,and ole Nate can hook you up too. But for me since i live in Delray,i'll use John @ Palm Beach Archery.
    Acts 10:13
    <+><

Derek is no longer with Gator Guns and Archery.

WOW !!! He's been there since he was a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by CatchDog View Post
    Derek is no longer with Gator Guns and Archery.
    Acts 10:13
    <+><

Thanks for all the replies. Been on vacation and was (*SHUDDER*) without the internet for a while. I went to Palm Beach Archery and got my bow squared away. Was very happy with the service and plan on going back soon for a lesson or two to help nudge me along the right path.

BL

Yup, he's was there a long time. I remember when he started.(little punk lol )

Him, Dave and BubbaHood held down that archery shop for a long time.