Thread: Guiness World Record Longest/accurate shot

Arrow Guiness World Record Longest/accurate shot

Alright guys and gals does guiness need updating? This is supposedly the longest most accurate shot in mens archery.

LINK

Justin Huish, of California, USA, set an archery record for both distance and accuracy when he hit a target 92.35 meters (101 yd) away on the set of Guinness World Records: Primetime in California, USA, on July 9, 1998.

There is a video also. I assume that some of you along with a lot of Pro achers have shot this good. Maybe he can do that every time? I know I have had a couple arrows come about that close at 100 yards. Granted I can't do it all the time, but I have done it once or twice. Do you think that Guiness needs to update this one. Or am I that good. ( I doubt it)
    60#/29" Bowtech Insanity
    395 gold tip @ 300fps
    TT smack down and Black Gold ascent
    www.dirtnapgear.com

wandering?

I am curious as to if that group of three or four arrows that are low in the target was shot with his 90 meter sight setting. The shot was actually 92.45 meters, if I remember right. It looked like the group was about six inches low, maybe a little more. Would his arrows drop that much in just 2.45 meteres at that distance? Maybe JimC could chime in on this one.

I also think that guiness needs to raise the bar on this record. I would think that everyone in the pro ranks in fita recurve could should one x at that range without to much of a problem. But, I'm no recurve shooter.....

this was a joke-he did it for the publicity. Rick McKinney and Pace often hit golds well past that and Rick Stonebraker-long time top level archer from texas HIT THE POST at a US CLOUT shoot a few years back
    SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
    TARGETWORLD/HOYT Staff Shooter
    Proud CEO of Cincinnati Junior Olympians-the first JOAD CLUB
    I buy from BCY

Did anyone see the female archer that hit the camera that was mounted inside the bullseye at the olympics on the Today program????
    That was an amazing shot.

It appears some of you long range (recurve I assume) shooters should send in a tape and get your name in the book.
    60#/29" Bowtech Insanity
    395 gold tip @ 300fps
    www.dirtnapgear.com

Well by the topic it sounds like it does not need to be a recurve shot. Not taking anything away from recurves at all. that was a dam fine group at 101 yards. But it said worlds longest archery shot. I think the shot that was on a diffrent thread were they were shooting at a buffalo was longer and some body center punched. I maybe wrong on that. But i am betting that if they wanted a long shot a compounder could break the 101 yard marker and then some!

Um I thought Jesse Morehead had a world record for flight....

plus, If I understood him correctly,, I think he killed a mule deer with a stick a bow,, over 200 yards away

i thought it was tim mcgraw that had the record shot, he sings about
    it in a song,

i can kill a deer or a buffalo
    from about a 100 yds or so
    with just a arrow and my hickory bow
    i do it all of the time

Um I thought Jesse Morehead had a world record for flight....
    I can't remember who it was, but I think it was something like 1851 yards.

Well by the topic it sounds like it does not need to be a recurve shot. Not taking anything away from recurves at all. that was a dam fine group at 101 yards. But it said worlds longest archery shot.
    That is what I was thinking. I know there are a lot of people who can do what this guy did @ 101 yds with a compound.
    Hmmmm...
    60#/29" Bowtech Insanity
    395 gold tip @ 300fps
    www.dirtnapgear.com

Since Jesse is out of town, I can reply as to his accomplishments without getting into trouble. He is in the 1992 Guinness Book for shooting a broadhead a little over 742 yds. He actually shot it over 800 yards, but they deduct for being off on windage. This record was broken the next year or so by Kevin from Bowtech. They use flight bows that pull 150+ lbs.

As far as the mule deer, he was using a compound bow back in the 80's when he did demonstrations with the Eliminator sight out to 165 yds. He knew how to gap the distance, and he and a friend were hunting in Colorado and he shot the mule deer across a canyon...approx. 250 yds. He doesn't like to talk about it because he wouldn't want anyone thinking that they should try shots like that. His specialty is long distance shooting, and he doesn't take those shots without practicing a lot.

Just thought I'd clear those things up a little.
    Ginger

i shot a tree over a mile away. i think. of course i was just flinging arrows

"A mile away?"

What bow/arrows etc were you using for that? I only ask because with a stupidly light ACE, 30" and 60# on a hard cam bow, I just managed 620 yards, which is less than half a mile...
    *insert witty comment here*

100 yard groups

I posted this group awhile back when we were discussing the Apex and STS. I'm a great back yard practicer.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    16YR. Mathews Pro Staffer, Gold Tip Arrows,Trophy Taker, Specialty Archery,HTM,Bernie's Control Freak Stabilizers!
    4 Time World Champion,4 Time National Champion, 8 Time SOY. 41 P&Y qualifying animals

Owner of Choctawhoghuntingranch A great place for big hogs!

Dang George, I'm happy grouping like that at 60yds.
    Wind's right, but he'll just run, when we step out of these trees.
    Trick to it, walk out on this side of your horse.
    What if he see's our feet?
    Elk don't know how many feet a horse have!

You guys cause a lot of "pain" for old guys like me! That is a good group for me at 30 yards!

North Dakota - "Where the deer and the antelope roam"

Thanks Ginger

Thanks for the info. Ginger! I would think you would be a fairly reliable source...
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder Turbo

Long Distance groups.

Quote Originally Posted by hunter54
    I posted this group awhile back when we were discussing the Apex and STS. I'm a great back yard practicer.

Hey Big G, Are you gonna bring that group to the State Games of America, I think its time I take you to School again. Hows the knee doing?

big foot at redding is 101 yards.

it is by no means a record distance archery shot.

Ty
    Don't mind me, I am just upping my post count!

I can't even shoot that with a compound!

The record for longest flight shot with a conventional compound is 1336 yds, held by Don Brown. Arrows have been shot over a mile with foot bows. My hunting bow shoots 670 grain arrows 380 yds. 101 yds is no big deal, accuracy is another thing. For more info check out:

http://www.second-opinions.co.uk/flight.html

A friend and I last year were flinging them out at 160 meters at the 120 cm target with compounds. It was pretty challenging. The groups were big enough but they were mostly there. It was quite fun. Shoot that for a bit, them go back to 90 meters. Feels like you shouldn't be able to miss.
    PatD

Justin Huish is no slouch. He won gold at the Olympics in '96. However, he also got busted for marijuana dealing.