a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Blazer vanes v. NAP Apache

Blazer vanes v. NAP Apache

So I am having trouble with my vanes hitting my rest when I shoot. No matter how I try to turn my arrow a vane will hit. Can this be remedied? My local shop says its because of the vanes and I may have to switch to a feathers. He said its because they are so tall and stiff. I thought about going to something with a lower profile. Can I do something to the rest to fix this? I am shooting a Diamond Outlaw. Dont know speed. Arrows are CX Mayhem 250s. I would really like help with this. It has torn almost all the felt of the rest arm and can see vane material on the rest.

One last question. Is there a certain way I am supposed to have my vanes to prevent this?

Fur: '13 Elite Answer (Max-1)
    Foam: '15 Elite Synergy (ninja)
    Indoors: '12 Elite Pure (custom green powder-coat under progress)
    Bohning, Shrewd,TRU Ball/Axcel, Honey Creek Tackle Staff Shooter
    AAE rests, Gold Tip arrows

Same thing happened on my NAP Apache. I just turned the nock a few degrees, so the index feather canted left slightly instead of bring upright, which gave clearance. Or, while the arrow is nocked, twist the shaft left a tad to achieve the same objective, assuming your nocks aren't glued in.

Edit to add... Just re-read your post. So the vane is marking the drop away rest or the rubber rest on the shelf? Above, I'm talking about the rubber rest. I shaved some rubber away too. If you mean the drop away, that's a timing issue.
    USAA Level 3 NTS Coach
    Pearland Archery Club JOAD

Make your rest drop sooner so it's not up when the vanes get close. Also I don't know anything about the Apache fall away but some fall away rests will bounce up and hit the vanes. This might be your problem.

It is marking the rest itself plus pulling felt strands forward on the arm.

Do you mean a cam timing issue or a timing issue with the ripcord/cable?

The ripcords too high on your bow. Lower it to make the rest drop faster.

He probably means timing with the fall away cord.

when drawing the bow, make sure the rest only comes up in the last half to one inch of the draw. If it is coming up before then, it doesnt have enough time to drop out of the way.
    '11 Bowtech Assassin Black Ops 72# 28", Copper John Mark 1, Ripcord Code Red, 290 fps
    '07 Reverse AT Bowtech Allegiance with Rev Cams, 71# 28"HHA OL-5019, Limbdriver ProV, 281 fps
    100 grain Magnus Buzzcuts and Slicktrick Grizztricks on 394 grain GT Expedition Hunters

I think it is coming up in the last inch or so. can i adjust it by shortening the ripcord by pulling it forward. (there is a allen screw that holds the ripcord to rest arm). I will post pics tomorrow

I am not really familiar with the apache so I am not sure.
    '11 Bowtech Assassin Black Ops 72# 28", Copper John Mark 1, Ripcord Code Red, 290 fps
    '07 Reverse AT Bowtech Allegiance with Rev Cams, 71# 28"HHA OL-5019, Limbdriver ProV, 281 fps
    100 grain Magnus Buzzcuts and Slicktrick Grizztricks on 394 grain GT Expedition Hunters

Quote Originally Posted by Bear-Instinct98 View Post
    The ripcords too high on your bow. Lower it to make the rest drop faster.
    This is correct.......install the activation cord lower on the down cable.........you will have to lengthen it in order to do this.
    Where you tie the cord has a LOT to do with how fast ANY cord activated rest will fall.
    National Sales Manager at Xpedition Archery
    "Shut up and shoot"
    Mossy Oak Pro Staff

Quote Originally Posted by boilerfarmer12 View Post
    I think it is coming up in the last inch or so. can i adjust it by shortening the ripcord by pulling it forward. (there is a allen screw that holds the ripcord to rest arm). I will post pics tomorrow
    No ....... lengthen the cord and tie it in lower......it has to do with where the cable tracks start to pull down and how the cams are actually making the cables move forward........same with a trophy taker, AAE or any other.
    PM Me if you get hung up.
    "Shut up and shoot"
    Mossy Oak Pro Staff

Thanks for the help. Could I not shorten the activation cord by loosening the screw and pulling the cord through doing the same thing? I did not install the rest and dont have the capabilities to fix it.

You are going to have to move the tie in down. You may get lucky and be able to accomplish something by getting the activation cable to come off the buss cable and orient toward the bow.....it looks like it is pointing towards you at rest and this significantly shortens the length and changes the way the cable reacts..........if you shorten the activation cable it will keep the rest up longer.........because the rest can not drop until the "tether" gives it enough slack. There is a sweet spot on all bows that differs because of how fast or slow the the cable is "taken up" in the draw cycle.
    Try loosening the set screw.......if you can, slide the tie in up or down to get the cable oriented correctly......and reinstall the activation cable on the rest. It looks like you may be able to get it right with just a bit of tweaking.
    "Shut up and shoot"
    Mossy Oak Pro Staff

Ok thanks. I will take it to the shop because I dont wanna mess anything up

Just to experiment I shortened the cord by pulling it forward by loosening the screw. This seems to have solved the issue. My arrows came off the bow much straighter and I did not notice any impact to the rest.

I haven't read all of the post and if someone said this then my bad. If ur rest isn't tuned right, nock too high or too low, you will get contact. I used that rest for almost 2 years and it served me well.

wackandstackRMH
    2012 America's Best Bowstrings Pro Staff
    2010 Bowtech Sentinel FLX, Easton Axis NANO Infused 400's,
    Armortech HD 7 pin, Ripcord Code Red, Limbsaver Windjammer