Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nope! Nothing wrong with marijuana…it's harmless...

Quote Originally Posted by Buster of Xs View Post
    How did I just KNOW you were going to use the injury at work thing? Many companies have dropped that policy. Know why? Because it doesn't tell you if they were high at the time of the accident or if they were high three weekends ago. If you work in construction you'll find the overwhelming majority are users and I doubt most are using while at work. Our Union doesn't allow us to be drug tested, although being caught under the influence at work will cost you your job.

The socially isolated thing is a joke, too. How isolated will I be when I hang with my stoner doctor pal?

You're just spouting some bad numbers, Zen.

Pot is a deadly drug! I tried pot three times, in my early 20's. The first time, nuttin. The second time I burned my shirt up! The third time, I laughed my ass off. How was it deadly? When I got home I destroyed and mutilated a batch of brownies my mom made! Pot may not be as bad as alcohol, but the last time I checked, it is illegal. Everyone can throw stones and say anything they want, but until it changes, it's against the law.

Quote Originally Posted by ZenBubba View Post
    Increased exposure to accidents and increased social isolation are two components of use, that don't need to "jive". The numbers do mean something by themselves, it's the comparison that casues you to lose sight of the argument.
    Increased exposure to accidents??? What?? Stubbing their toe on the way to the kitchen to make a peanut butter and cool ranch Dorito sandwich????? Social Isolation??? WHERE did you get that from???

Many people that smoke weed have jobs that they haven't lost yet. The percentage of people that test positive for marijuana use after an accident is much higher than those that don't. We drug test after every injury/accident and it has been 100%.

Socially isolated means stoners tend to hang with other stoners when they aren't at work.

In the parlance of risk analysis "exposure" means subject to risk.

Just because someone tests positive for marijuana DOES NOT mean they were actually high at the time of an accident.
    Tree Huggin Hippie who hunts elk with a bow and appreciates a good dark beer. An enigma walking.
    Oh, and I'm not a dude. A

How did I just KNOW you were going to use the injury at work thing? Many companies have dropped that policy. Know why? Because it doesn't tell you if they were high at the time of the accident or if they were high three weekends ago. If you work in construction you'll find the overwhelming majority are users and I doubt most are using while at work. Our Union doesn't allow us to be drug tested, although being caught under the influence at work will cost you your job.

The socially isolated thing is a joke, too. How isolated will I be when I hang with my stoner doctor pal?

You're just spouting some bad numbers, Zen.
    I type too slow. LOL
    Tree Huggin Hippie who hunts elk with a bow and appreciates a good dark beer. An enigma walking.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntin4Elk View Post
    Increased exposure to accidents??? What?? Stubbing their toe on the way to the kitchen to make a peanut butter and cool ranch Dorito sandwich????? Social Isolation??? WHERE did you get that from???
    Is the Dorito acting as the bread or do you put all that on bread?

Everything taste better with

peanut butter.

And Nutella (sp)

Quote Originally Posted by hayman View Post
    Is the Dorito acting as the bread or do you put all that on bread?

Everything taste better with

peanut butter.

LMAO..........put the peanut butter and Doritos between the bread.

I've never tried it personally.....but I hear it is amazing.

LMAO..........put the peanut butter and Doritos between the bread.

I've never tried it personally.....but I hear it is amazing.
    How's the toe comming along? Did you loose the nail?

Quote Originally Posted by hayman View Post
    How's the toe comming along? Did you loose the nail?
    LMAO.........If I smoke weed, I'm not WALKING anywhere. Marijuana hits me different than most people, it knocks me out almost immediately. There is nothing fun about smoking for me.

LMAO.........If I smoke weed, I'm not WALKING anywhere. Marijuana hits me different than most people, it knocks me out almost immediately. There is nothing fun about smoking for me.
    Not me. Just a couple hits and cup of coffee and I'm ready to take on the world! Just be responsible and don't overdo it, but that could be said about nearly anything. It helps me get in "the zone" to get stuff done and I have my most creative moments under the influence.

I must admit that I hardly use it anymore, though.
    Sent via my 1918 Bell hand crank phone

Not me. Just a couple hits and cup of coffee and I'm ready to take on the world! Just be responsible and don't overdo it, but that could be said about nearly anything. It helps me get in "the zone" to get stuff done and I have my most creative moments under the influence.

I must admit that I hardly use it anymore, though.

I wish they would legalize it mainly because FOR ME it's a great way to deal with pain relief. I'm allergic to most the good pain medications so that leaves me with very few options. Since marijuana knocks me out.....I can't feel the pain if I'm snoring. LOL

I know a lot of people who react to it the same way you do.

man I feel so left out.....never ever tired the stuff......unless ya count second had smoke at eighties Hank JR concert and hairband concerts....

as far as the peanut butter deal......we have a saying my my group......everything taste better with bacon. One of my fellow friends stated once that you could wrap a dog turd in bacon and it would taste good.
    Fair and Balanced with a splash of Sarcasm, and pinch of Reason

It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

I wish they would legalize it mainly because FOR ME it's a great way to deal with pain relief. I'm allergic to most the good pain medications so that leaves me with very few options. Since marijuana knocks me out.....I can't feel the pain if I'm snoring. LOL

I know a lot of people who react to it the same way you do.
    I also can't take narcotic painkillers. In a half hour I stagger like I'm drunk, I get dizzy and feel hot all over. Then I pass out for several hours. I always feel ill when I take them.

Imagine legal cannabis and the useful drugs that could be made from them. How about painkillers or muscle relaxers that are nontoxic and not habit forming? That's be awesome. But drug companies probably couldn't patent them so they wouldn't make as much money. Funny how money gets involved, huh?

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKSTER View Post
    man I feel so left out.....never ever tired the stuff......unless ya count second had smoke at eighties Hank JR concert and hairband concerts....

as far as the peanut butter deal......we have a saying my my group......everything taste better with bacon. One of my fellow friends stated once that you could wrap a dog turd in bacon and it would taste good.
    Peanut butter and bacon.....mmmmmm.....

Peanut butter and bacon.....mmmmmm.....
    peanutbutter-bacon and chocolate.......haven't tried that either but it sounds yummy
    Fair and Balanced with a splash of Sarcasm, and pinch of Reason

It's ok if you disagree with me. I can't force you to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by BUCKSTER View Post
    Ok but what I am getting at is how do you forget your kid is in the car ....and you leave them there and they die because you left them in the car.
    Well, I have to think that kids left in the car for that long are not forgotten. That's usually deliberate neglect.

Many people that smoke weed have jobs that they haven't lost yet. The percentage of people that test positive for marijuana use after an accident is much higher than those that don't. We drug test after every injury/accident and it has been 100%.

Socially isolated means stoners tend to hang with other stoners when they aren't at work.

In the parlance of risk analysis "exposure" means subject to risk.
    Interesting. I could have sworn that in the last drug thread, you were the one saying you did hiring- and could always spot the pot heads so you didn't hire them. I must be mistaking you for someone else. Any idea who it was?

Quote Originally Posted by MN_Chick View Post
    Well, I have to think that kids left in the car for that long are not forgotten. That's usually deliberate neglect.

Interesting. I could have sworn that in the last drug thread, you were the one saying you did hiring- and could always spot the pot heads so you didn't hire them. I mus tbe mistakin gyou for someone else. Any idea who it was?
    No...I'm pretty sure that was Zen. Stated he could spot a pot head from a mile away and wouldn't hire them but then admitted that the accidents on his job site were all caused by pot heads. Correct me if I'm wrong Zen.

Interesting. I could have sworn that in the last drug thread, you were the one saying you did hiring- and could always spot the pot heads so you didn't hire them. I mus tbe mistakin gyou for someone else. Any idea who it was?
    Nope. Thats what he said. Think someone pointed out how bad he was at picking the pot smokers and doing his job.

I spent 8 years as an Operations Manager for one of the biggest roofing companies in the world. I used to do all the hiring of the members of my application crew. I could get a pretty good idea on whether or not a prospective employee was a cannabis user or not before hiring, although I certainly couldn't spot all of them. But I never had a problem with the smokers. At least they showed up for work every day. Now the heavy drinkers I had out on the road with me....that was another story altogether. I had a hard time getting most of them to work every day and had to fire several for just hanging in their hotel rooms hung over. I just made it very clear to prospects that I didn't want them high at work and warned them that company policy was to urine test every person that got injured. I didn't have a single injury to report in that 8 years.

I just made it very clear to prospects that I didn't want them high at work and warned them that company policy was to urine test every person that got injured. I didn't have a single injury to report in that 8 years.
    LMAO Smart man.

LMAO Smart man.
    I was just being fair. And my crew was loyal and worked hard for me. They'd do anything I asked.

No...I'm pretty sure that was Zen. Stated he could spot a pot head from a mile away and wouldn't hire them but then admitted that the accidents on his job site were all caused by pot heads. Correct me if I'm wrong Zen.
    I can tell in an interview setting. Spotting stoners is but one of many functions I perform. I may not see an employee for a number of days and don't generally sit and talk with them. Often times when someone hasn't had a job for a while they can't afford weed so they interview well. Then after making money for a while they start smoking again. Sometimes I spot them, sometimes the random catches them, sometimes they crash one of my trucks.

I can tell in an interview setting. Spotting stoners is but one of many functions I perform. I may not see an employee for a number of days and don't generally sit and talk with them. Often times when someone hasn't had a job for a while they can't afford weed so they interview well. Then after making money for a while they start smoking again. Sometimes I spot them, sometimes the random catches them, sometimes they crash one of my trucks.

Interesting. This is what you said before, in teh 8 myths about marijuana thread.
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...re%2C+accident

I have hired over 1000 people over the years. Since I own the company they are working for, their productivity has a direct impact on my success or failure. I've spent most of my life helping my people to be more productive. I can pay much higher wages because we're so much more productive since I don't employ stoners. As a consequence I've interviewed thousands of stoners trying to sneak in.

I can spot them dude.
    And this
    A contractor that doesn't hire dopers doesn't have to yell at employees. Mostly what I do is keep the stoners out and the rest takes care of itself.
    So... how many accidents is that a year because you are not very good at your job? And you still never answered the question- what "beliefs and body language" do you use to spot them?

Interesting. This is what you said before, in teh 8 myths about marijuana thread.
    http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...re%2C+accident

And this

So... how many accidents is that a year because you are not very good at your job? And you still never answered the question- what "beliefs and body language" do you use to spot them?
    What I said stands. Why does it upset you so?

He's full of poo. Unless they come in red eyed you would never know. Regular Sherlocks in here. I have been smoking it for 10 years...... I am more attentive and patient while high. I shoot my bow better, he'll I even have sex better. Hopefully it is legalized for the better of man kind.
    28" Elite GTO 70#
    28" Bowtech Assassin 60#

Quote Originally Posted by 81bimmerguy View Post
    He's full of poo. Unless they come in red eyed you would never know. Regular Sherlocks in here. I have been smoking it for 10 years...... I am more attentive and patient while high. I shoot my bow better, he'll I even have sex better. Hopefully it is legalized for the better of man kind.
    That's the refrain from every doper. Why would anyone care if it didn't have a huge effect on job performance? I sure the heck wouldn't. I've got plenty of other things to worry about.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast