Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Rage Extreme "Shock Collar" System

New Rage Extreme "Shock Collar" System

So I purchased a the new Rage Extreme broadheads because I was excited about the new design. Now that I have the extreme in my hand, the new shock collar seems to be pretty stiff. I am sure they made it stiff so that it wont "pop" open in your quiver or in flight, but it seems so stiff to me that it might have troubles opening or at least take a lot more energy to open when hitting the animal... Anyone else notice that? Or have any thoughts on it (not looking for thoughts about mechanicals vs fix blades which Rage questions always seem to bring up)...

Mathews Monster 6 82# 28.5''
    G5 Optix 2
    QAD HDX
    Easton Axis 300
    Rage 2 Extreme

not sure about that but i dont think you should have any problems at all shooting a 82# monster!!
    The culture I stand for is sometimes lost into today’s society, when in fact society was built on the culture of THE HUNTER. A hunter is more than a predator, a hunter is a provider…a caretaker…a leader. I will never make excuses for who I am..

I do believe that it will affect the entry hole. I think the old Rages opened easier which in turn meant they opened quicker on impact. Even the new o-ring Rages open harder. The older ones where a pain to keep closed but I think they cut a bigger entry.

Shot them didn't like them went back to the o ring style titaniums. Sooo much better

Quote Originally Posted by mathew_ View Post
    not sure about that but i dont think you should have any problems at all shooting a 82# monster!!
    But it adds more resistance IMO that's not a good thing....plus not everyone shoots a 82# Monster.......some folks shoot 55# & 300 grain arrows and will be lining up at Bass Pro for these jewels…..because too many folks think a broadhead is a broadhead…..and there is no need to match it to your setup.
    Bowtech Commander
    (Compound Traditionalist…and inconspicuous Old Timer)
    Bear Super Kodiak

Whats a rage?
    ~RKT MAXXIS~
    }}}}------------------------------->>>> ⊙
    prescription strength bowhunting.

I see that there are little slits on the new shock collar... I wonder if there is a setting, (maybe lining the blades up with the slit) that would help reduce the force needed to open. I wonder if any of the Rage pro-staff that might be on here have any opinions on this...?
    G5 Optix 2
    QAD HDX
    Easton Axis 300
    Rage 2 Extreme

I don't understand the stuff I'm reAding on here about rage and the orings and collars , yes the slits line up with the blades , says it in the directions that come in the package , u gotta line up the slits with the blades , also for legacy heads the rage reps told me u can use the legacy collars over the orings or without a oring , its all in my emails

Yes line them up...

Quote Originally Posted by deerwhackmaster View Post
    I don't understand the stuff I'm reAding on here about rage and the orings and collars , yes the slits line up with the blades , says it in the directions that come in the package , u gotta line up the slits with the blades , also for legacy heads the rage reps told me u can use the legacy collars over the orings or without a oring , its all in my emails

the directions on back of legacy package i have says there is an arrow on bottom of collar that you line up with the blades...mine dont line up with slits...if they did they wouldnt stay locked in properly or open in flight...
    THE EQUIPMENT YOU USE MEANS NOTHING IF YOU DONT PUT IN ENOUGH EFFORT TO GET ON THE BIG BOYS

Directions from back of package

Instructions:
    1. Close broadhead blades
    2. Slide shock collar over the threaded shaft of broadhead and push over the top of "O Ring" and up to blades.
    3. Line up a blade with arrow on bottom of Shock Collar
    4. Screw broadhead onto arrow and snug arrow slightly up to shock collar

Fyi: on two blades that arrow they talk about is not lined up with a slit
    THE EQUIPMENT YOU USE MEANS NOTHING IF YOU DONT PUT IN ENOUGH EFFORT TO GET ON THE BIG BOYS

Quote Originally Posted by deadquiet View Post
    But it adds more resistance IMO that's not a good thing....plus not everyone shoots a 82# Monster.......some folks shoot 55# & 300 grain arrows and will be lining up at Bass Pro for these jewels…..because too many folks think a broadhead is a broadhead…..and there is no need to match it to your setup.
    i agree with you 100%, i was just joking around cause i got a littel tickeled after i read the post about him worried about the extra resistance and his sig saying he shot a 82# monster. that def. could be a issue thats why i cant get away from the fixed heads, i like how it dosnt take any energy to open the blades. i would rather have a 1" hole all the way through a deer than a 2 +" cut half way through. but with the right rig, thees bh's could do some serious damage.
    The culture I stand for is sometimes lost into today’s society, when in fact society was built on the culture of THE HUNTER. A hunter is more than a predator, a hunter is a provider…a caretaker…a leader. I will never make excuses for who I am..

I have noticed that too, thats why I am going to sell mine and shoot the Rage Chisels...I like the o Ring system and in my t5 quiver I have never had a problem with the blades popping open
    Heli-M
    Axis 340
    Hypodermics

The new chisels clip onto the O-rings way better than the old Rages did. they wont pop open anymore...

Never thought about this before, but its a good point.

My buddy took a nice bear with the new Extreme. It did a great job with a full entrance and exit hole. He has a 26.5" draw and pulling 65lbs.

just got a pack of extremes , not sure about the shock collars . Guess i'll find out in Oct. I never had a problem with the o rings tho.
    Hoyt Maxxis 31
    easton axis N-fused 340 camo rage 3 blade

Never had a problem either with orings and as far as blades locking in better there are two different designs on the blades , one with a lip and one without. I posted it on a thread somewhere on here with pics of the two differences , its not just the chisel tips , its all of them , some where along the lines they changed the blade design

ttt
    G5 Optix 2
    QAD HDX
    Easton Axis 300
    Rage 2 Extreme

Quote Originally Posted by Viper69 View Post
    I do believe that it will affect the entry hole. I think the old Rages opened easier which in turn meant they opened quicker on impact. Even the new o-ring Rages open harder. The older ones where a pain to keep closed but I think they cut a bigger entry.

I agree 200%. Easy open is why they used to make huge entries. It's a different head. I moved on. Reapers are me for now.
    J.B.

Quote Originally Posted by jbmobley View Post
    I agree 200%. Easy open is why they used to make huge entries. It's a different head. I moved on. Reapers are me for now.
    I agree. In some testing I did the best I could get was about a 1" cut upon entry with the newer blade Rages. This led me to use the Reapers and Shwackers. Believe it or not the 125 grain Shwackers got the same 1" cut.

it says to do that right on the package

Quote Originally Posted by jdhunter11 View Post
    I see that there are little slits on the new shock collar... I wonder if there is a setting, (maybe lining the blades up with the slit) that would help reduce the force needed to open. I wonder if any of the Rage pro-staff that might be on here have any opinions on this...?
    it says to do that right on the package.

My rage hypo on both animals I have killed have left 2 inch holes and them some going in. One animal was an elk the other was a deer the deer was shot at 37yds and it blew through that deer. The elk was at 10yds and I had a complete pass through that one. I don't see the shock collar making smaller holes.
    2011 Elite Pure 68# MBG Ascent sight
    7595 Gold Tip Pros 420gr

It says exactly the opposite line them up with the arrow on the collar like it says and u will not be in the slits

Quote Originally Posted by shanedut View Post
    My rage hypo on both animals I have killed have left 2 inch holes and them some going in. One animal was an elk the other was a deer the deer was shot at 37yds and it blew through that deer. The elk was at 10yds and I had a complete pass through that one. I don't see the shock collar making smaller holes.
    I had the same experience only both were good sized does. 30 yards 2" entrance and exit with the Hypo's.
    Winners never quit, quitters never Win. Semper Fi.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast