Thread: Hunting Pack - Badlands or Tenzing???

Hunting Pack - Badlands or Tenzing???

Hey everyone, I'm considering getting a new hunting pack for this upcoming season and I've pretty much narrowed it down to two packs. The Badlands Superday or the Tenzing TZ2220. Unfortunately, none of the stores in my area carry these packs so I can't put my hands on them to check them out in person. I want something around 2000 cu.in., bow/gun carrier, multiple lashing/strapping points, waterproof, and some interior organization. Both of these packs seem to fit the bill, but I can't find any good videos or photos showing the interior of the pockets. Can any of you out there with experience with either of these packs post up some pictures of your packs and opinions good or bad???

2012 Elite Answer
    Copper John, Gold Tip, Tru-Ball, Doinker, Sims

HOYT Pro Comp Elite (Spiral) 60lbs. & 29½", 330 grains @ 290 FPS
    HOYT Faktor 34 (Z5) 60lbs. & 29½", 330 grains @ 302 FPS
    HOYT Carbon Matrix (RKT) 72lbs. & 29½", 374 grains @ 308 FPS
    HOYT Katera XL (Z3) 64lbs. & 30", 374 grains @ 295 FPS
    SPOT HOGG, B-STINGER, GOLD TIP, TROPHY TAKER, SLICK-TRICK, HOT SHOT, TIGHT-SPOT

Thanks for the reply, I did see your threads previously, but I'm hoping someone has some pictures to share of these two specific packs as well.
    2012 Elite Answer

Can't post pics right now but I love my Superday. I've had it for close to 10 years (?). Aside from my bow and optics, it is my favorite accessory. You can fit a ton of stuff in it, for its 1900 cu. Personally I always overpack, but the pack seems to handle it all.

I never heard of Tenzing until now, but I gotta tell you that I am very impressed with the looks, lay-out and features of it. If it is quiet, then it should also be a killer pack.

BTW in case you're wondering, I took an inventory of everything I stuff into my pack. Here it is:The size pack you buy should be determined by what you're going to pack. Here's what I put in mine:

70 oz. Camelbak water bladder
    Full size binos
    One bottle Gatorade
    Rain coat
    Small snake venom kit
    Rope
    Scent bombs
    Rangefinder
    Knife
    Flashlight
    Bright eyes
    2 candy bars
    Beef jerky
    1 sandwich
    Toilet paper
    Treestand harness
    Treestand cushion
    Bug repellent
    Fleece jacket (sometimes)
    Camera
    Small Tripod
    Grunt tube
    Small sheers
    GPS
    Compass
    Spare batteries

... I think that's it. By the time I'm done with these my SuperDay is pretty packed.

Of course what I pack for the morning hunt is different than for the evening hunt. In the morning I'll pack most of the above items, because I usually do some scouting /stalking when I get off the stand. In the evening I pack less.

Look really hard at the zippers on the SuperDay. Mine are junk.
    I will go with the Tenzing when I can sell my SuperDay.

Dave
    Hoyt 2011 Carbon Element
    Spott Hog Wiseguy release
    Spott Hogg Hunter 5 pin
    Tight Spot Quiver

Badlands,great customer service and warranty.I have the monster fanny pack and love it.

I haven't had either of these but I have heard that on some of the badland packs the zippers break.

Sent from my iPod touch using a telegraph line.
    Mathews z7 extreme
    67# 27in Draw Length, HHA One Pin, QAD Ultra Rest,

Thanks guys, the badlands zippers do concern me but I have a Monster fanny pack that I've had no issues with, just a bit small for me. Anyone have any experience or pictures of the Tenzing?
    2012 Elite Answer

I'm a fan of badlands packs but just checked out the tenzing website. Awesome! Finally a pack company that gets it, we want to see multiple pictures and they even have a video that walks through each pack. Hopefully won't be for quite some time but next time I'm in the market for a new pack I'll be looking hard at these.
    In Between.....

there is some videos on you tube. i watched one a few days ago but i already own the SD. the only thing he fails to mention are the pistol holsters it has. the zippers on the SD work amazing after some bow string wax is applied.
    '11 Z7Xtreme custom order...83.7lbs!
    Axion GLZ/ GLX 504gr FMJ@284FPS/ IBO arrow@326FPS
    &
    '12 MR6 custom order! 80LB limbs
    Axion GLM lite/GLZ 504gr FMJ@304FPS/ IBO arrow@ 354FPS

I just bought a superday a fees weeks ago so far I love it, I did apply some key hole graphite to the zippers and made them very smooth. I also have a monster and hypervent with no zipper problems. Badlands customer service is great I called them the other day wanting to buy some extra buckles I ended up getting them free.

I don't know what is with these people and zipper problems , owned 3 Badlands pack and have never had a problem. But I would go with Badlands definitely

One of my hunting partners just got his new Tenzing pack in earlier this week, getting ready for a trip we've got planned for this fall. I can't remember the model number of the pack he bought, but it's comparable in size to my badlands. We compared it side by side with my Badlands Superday, and I will say this... there is NO comparison in quality at all. The Tenzing pack is far and away a better pack as far as quality and construction is concerned. I've had my Superday for a little over a year... the zippers have been replaced once already, and they're starting to break again. Tenzing is a pretty new company, but with what I've personally seen, they're already at the top of the game. I'll be ordering one from them soon to replace my Superday.
    2014 Strother SX Rush, 67lb/29.5", Vaportrail LimbDriver Pro-V, HHA DSL-5019, Trophy Ridge Static 9" stab
    BLACK EAGLE ARROWS Pro Staff
    VAPORTRAIL ARCHERY Pro Staff
    Pure Heart Outdoors is on Facebook!! www.facebook.com/pureheartoutdoors

Quote Originally Posted by Turokman123 View Post
    I don't know what is with these people and zipper problems , owned 3 Badlands pack and have never had a problem. But I would go with Badlands definitely
    Their zippers are CRAP... that's what is up with it. If you 've never had an issue with yours, you're definitely in the minority.
    2014 Strother SX Rush, 67lb/29.5", Vaportrail LimbDriver Pro-V, HHA DSL-5019, Trophy Ridge Static 9" stab
    BLACK EAGLE ARROWS Pro Staff
    VAPORTRAIL ARCHERY Pro Staff
    Pure Heart Outdoors is on Facebook!! www.facebook.com/pureheartoutdoors

I have had two Badlands packs: the 2200 and the Sacrifice. Many pounds and many miles...I never have had a single problem with the zippers on either of them.
    "His arrow will flash like lightning." Zechariah 9:14
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30, CBE Tek Hybrid sight, QAD Ultra Rest HDX, Injexion Arrows & Blazers, QAD Exodus broadheads, TightSpot quiver, Stokerized SS1 stabilizer, Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Zeiss Conquest HD binocs, Leica 1000R rangefinder, Kifaru Timberline 2 pack, Bark River Gunny Hunter blade, Kuiu clothing, Lowa Cevedale boots

I also have a Superday with two bad zippers, used only one season. Im looking hard at the Tenzing.

I too, will be going with the Tenzing this year, most likely the 2220. The Superday will be for sale soon.

Thanks for all the replies, at this point I think I am leaning towards the Tenzing 2220.
    2012 Elite Answer

Haven't owned a BL but my buddy has and he had problems with his zippers also.
    Everybody dies, but not everybody lives.

I have a Badlands Whitetail and I have never had a problem in any way with it and I love it! Although I have heard many having problems with the zippers on Badlands. I have also heard nothing but great things about Tenzing. Either way I dont think you could too wrong on either one.

I'm in the market for one of these brands as well....also looking at the Kuiu...but for the money, the Tenzing looks pretty good....I played around with them at the SHOTSHOW this year, they feel pretty solid.....Still doing my research though....Good luck!
    Filming America's Hunters. One at a Time. huntography.com

Easy for Tenzing to have great reviews since little of the product line is in the field. I do wanna try their stuff.
    Mathews Heli-M @ 72#, 29" DL
    HHA Optimizer Lite Ultra DS-5519
    QAD HDX
    Easton Flatline Surgical 340
    B-Stinger