a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Dirtnap Bowhunters, Saturday 6/16/12

Dirtnap Bowhunters, Saturday 6/16/12

20 Mckenzie XT targets, registration 9:00am-2:00pm, $15.00 Money Class, $10.00 Trophy Class, $8.00 Fun Round, all kids 11 and younger shoot free, family of 4 shoots for $25.00, (does not include money class) ASA scoring, low 12's.

We will be doing the shootdown a little different, top 10 scores in the open classes will have a shootdown for $100.00(womans open, mens open, senior open, elite open) also the top 10 scores in the hunter classes will have a shootdown for $100.00( womans hunter, mens hunter, elite hunter) in the shootdown the 14 ring will be in play, shootdown only. That will be 2 seperate shootdowns paying back a total of $200.00, just get your score in the top 10.

We will also have Backyard Bullseye grilling, ribs, corn on the cob, slaw and rolls with all of the profits going toward the Forbush Hunter Safety Team.
    dirtnapbowhunters.com
    droptinearchery.com
    shootarchery.com

Like the format, me,z,and mike will be there.
    2 Mathews apex 7's blue and red 60x strings cbe slidebar shrewd scope shrewd disconnects underground stabilizers gold tip 22's and xcutters Scott backspin release
    Z's custom braided slings and lanyards
    60x strings pro staff underground archery products pro staff
    Www.shootarchery.com

I hope you guys have a great turnout I am trying to get out of town Friday and Saturday with the family if I dont have to sell a body part to stay somewhere good luck this weekend bud
    Black Chrome MX2, Gold Tip arrows Scott's releases CBE sights. In God we Trust.

Sounds good.
    Robbys Sales ... Great prices on Mathews, Elite, and Bowtech ... Mt. Airy, NC (336) 786-8017
    Vapor Trail Archery
    Elite GT-500 Next G1 Elite Energy 35 Black Elite Pure Cosmic Orange

Sage you need to make it down to the shoot and see the shop. I know we will at least have good food. Hope you have a good weekend at the beach Big Country.
    dirtnapbowhunters.com
    droptinearchery.com
    shootarchery.com

I like it! Looking forward to Saturday.
    ****FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK****
    http://www.facebook.com/SELFILMED

Hate I'm gonna miss this one , hope y'all have a good turn out . Maybe I'll see some of y'all at Forsyth Sunday .

Lets see what you Hunters can do in a shootdown format. You have said you wanted your own shootdown, you got it. That also opens up a few spots for the Open Class shootdown.
    dirtnapbowhunters.com
    droptinearchery.com
    shootarchery.com

Sound good Robert, planning on coming.

Range is set, going to set shooter stakes in the AM. Backyard Bullseye Grilling setup this evening, if nothing else we are going to eat good. Weather is going to be great, be sure and get your round in by 3:00pm if you want your score to have a chance for both shootdowns.
    dirtnapbowhunters.com
    droptinearchery.com
    shootarchery.com

Great range set up! A lot of work and thought was invested in it and it showed.

I understand and support the 300 deadline to deter those who want to show up at the last minute, However We were on the range at 11:00 pm and still didn't make it out in time.
    Groups backed up, bottle necked! We're could we go? This wasn't fair. We came with two groups, 7 total shooters.

Trying to be nice and support archery, we allowed 2 other shooters to join us, but that was a mistake because they were sloooower than steam off poop! Draw and let down repeatedly on just about every target. What really upset me is when one the two shooters we allowed to join our group stated: " he didn't care, wasn't getting in a hurry" IMHO that was rude and inconsiderate to the rest of us, all of us would have qualified for the shoot down.

Robert great range.

good shoot , from the man at blind hog archery
    2 Mathews apex 7's blue and red 60x strings cbe slidebar shrewd scope shrewd disconnects underground stabilizers gold tip 22's and xcutters Scott backspin release
    Z's custom braided slings and lanyards
    60x strings pro staff underground archery products pro staff
    Www.shootarchery.com

I hear ya blind hog. Good job in shoot down! Congrats,
    June 26th is a day of shame for America. Please have mercy Lord, they know not what they have done.

I was disappointed that I did not get to make out to support the shoot today. Elderly parent needs must come first. But after reading JW's statement above, this may be a good time to bring up a subject I hope will be given some consideration at the TAA/GPAA meetings this fall... In our sport, on a local basis, we are all pretty much left to the "honor system" of scoring and monitoring ourselves while competing within the rules our clubs choose to govern their tournaments by. Having left the game for some almost 6 years and working my way back to a competitive level, I have observed some more than questionable behavior among some archers that leave me wondering what has happened to proper respect of your fellow competitor and plan old proper range etiquette. I can't help but wonder if the need to produce $$$ for the individual shoot, has caused such a relaxing of the rules, that we have lapsed into a state of anything goes, plus multiple classes that aren't found in any ASA or IBO event. Back to JW's statement. I urge everyone to look at ASA Rules page 5. letter B, #1 and #2 regarding shooting time. Also IBO Rules, Section 4 (oddly enough found under the heading "SHOOTING RULES AND ETIQUETTE" page 6, LINE #5, A thru D. My thought, question if you will, is, since we shoot because we enjoy it, and/or prepare for hunting season, but to hopefully prepare to go and compete at a ASA or IBO event, why are we not using the tried and true rules that are in place that govern/monitor 1,000s of other competitors on a national level. I would think from a first time/new competitor to the long time veteran, competing under the same guidelines of the main events, would do nothing but prepare us even better. Rule of thumb, 'The better prepared, the better you shoot, the better you shoot, the better you enjoy it, and the more your going to want to do it'. Hence build our sport with some organization and continuity. Not meaning to offend anyone, just seemed like a good time to plant the seed. Plus your never to old to learn some consideration and etiquette.

We were behind Whittington's group and two of the four in our group including myself would have qualified for the shootoff. I was disappointed to not have the opportunity to be in the running. Just have to try to get there earlier next time if work will allow it but unforunately I dont work Mon-Fri 9 to 5.

Course was extreme tough for me to get he yardage on...worst 3D score I have ever posted. I like being tested! Be back in July.
    ****FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK****
    http://www.facebook.com/SELFILMED

Thanks to all of the shooters that supported us, we had 85 shooters, great turnout, I will have scores posted today on dirtnapbowhunters.com and shootarchery.com. Now as for the shooters not making the shootdown and all of the other drama that took place yesterday here is my take on it.

The 3:00pm deadline is there for a reason, get in the woods shoot and get out so we can get on with the shootdown, if we changed the time and made it later the shooters would just arrive later. It should take 3 to 3 1/2 hours to shoot 20 targets but if you have groups of 5 or 6 and everyone waits to shoot at the same time it will take longer. Shooters have 6 hours to shoot 20 targets, we have a 2 letdown rule but you as shooters have to police that within your group. I promise you from this day on there will be no group larger than 4 no matter what the excuse.

I wish some of you that shot great scores on a tough course could have been in the 2 shootdowns, get out of bed a little earlier, LOL. As for being fair, I cannot slow down time it is what it is, start at 11 and turn scores in by 3, there is no shaded area with this it does not matter if we have 200 shooters those are the rules. Let me know if you think having the shootdown at 4pm would change anything, that is an hour longer to shoot. I just figure shooters will show up an hour later.

The july shoot we might change the shootdown format so we dont have one group standing and watching the other, I will think about it and get it better. Thanks again for supporting the shop and tournament., hope to see you July 14th. Also I second what 10ring12 posted every letter every sentence, alot more shoorters should do the same.
    dirtnapbowhunters.com
    droptinearchery.com
    shootarchery.com

Your private club and rules. How could we have known?. Your club is not apart of the Gpaa nor TAA, so where were they posted? I do agree 5 in a group is suicide and avoid it as much as possible. What hapens when 1 or 2 people show up with no one to shoot with? Who's responsibility is it to place them within a group? Is there any rule written in any circuit or club that states its the shooters responsiblity to find a group? What were we supposed to do? Say, no you guys can't shoot with us.How is that promoting archery? Our group originally consisted of 7 shooters. Trip and I split us up into 2 seperate groups of 4-3. Our group of 3 turned to 5 when 2 Slow pokes asked to join us? Again, were we supposed to snub them and tell them no?
    Robert, a few weeks ago, I came alone to a shoot at your place. I asked a group of 3 if I could join them, ( one of them was a staff shooter for you) but they said no. I waited 45 minutes to shoot. Are you suggesting that Aime, joe and I tell them no? One of the guys is in his 70 s and the other Mid 50s. Joe allen is 75 yrs old. I guess it's time to kick them to the curb and tell them they are no longer welcome in archery.
    Two let down rule? None of us knew it existed. Where is it posted? Robert we had two men in their 70 s who could not see half of the targets. Aime and I loved the range and sets, however they couldn't see them. Difficult to expect them to perform at a fast pace.

We arrived, signed up and in the woods by 11:00. We had no idea that it would take 3 1/2 hrs. To complete. All target stakes were full, no way we could jump around and make up time.
    One member of our group missed a target and his attitude changed. He stated he didn't care and wasn't going to hurry. That comment really pissed me off, because I felt it was rude and disrespectful to Aime and I. We allowed him to join us and then stabbed us in the back.
    The point I'm trying to make is we all have to work together. I feel like Aime joe and I got screwed. 1st by the two guys that we allowed to join our group because they had no one to shoot with. 2nd, not being allowed to participate in the shootoff. Probably would have lost to Guy, but Aime ( a women shooting in men's class) and I had the best scores, both of us shooting from the far stake, we deserved the opportunity .
    If we had of got there at 12 or 1 o'clock, then that's on us for being lazy. However that was not the case.
    I apologize for getting mad, but I still feel this should have been handled differently.
    June 26th is a day of shame for America. Please have mercy Lord, they know not what they have done.

The rules are on www.dirtnapbowhunters.com, if a couple of shooters dont have someone to shoot with they need to go to registration, that would be the commonsense thing to do. If I dont want to shoot with a large group yes I say no, that has nothing to do with promoting archery when the 2 guys you are talking about have been shooting for 25 years. I can see if new shooters were looking for someone to shoot with and didnt really understand how it works. Everyone in your group knows how it works.

As for age and not seeing targets I fully understand, I am not young anymore either but standing and looking and letting down will not make the target just appear so a shooter can see it. Again, your group decided to shoot 5 in a group and just so happened the 2 shooters you added were very slow. The 3:00pm time started earlier in the year when it did not stay light past 6:00pm, I might need to change the shootdown time. We start at 9:00am I know you live over an hour away and so do alot of other people.

You did shoot good and deserve the opportunity if your score was posted by 3:00pm, I answered all these questions in the pm's that was sent to me. There is no shaded area, you have to have your scores posted by 3:00pm. I walked in the woods at target 20 and you said "Robert we are not going to make it in time" I said "What you are on your last target" and your reply was "We missed a target and have to go back and shoot it"

Maybe I need to go to a shotgun start and decide who shoots in what groups like it used to be 20 years ago. Like I said in an earlier post I can promise you there will be no groups larger than 4 shooters starting at our next shoot. Aime should be proud of her score with her being a female and shooting with men nobody will argue that point and yes you were both deserving to be in the shootdown along with a few others that didnt make it out by 3:00pm.
    dirtnapbowhunters.com
    droptinearchery.com
    shootarchery.com

Scores have been sent to shootarchery.com, thanks again for your support at our 3D tournaments and the shop.
    dirtnapbowhunters.com
    droptinearchery.com
    shootarchery.com

Robert,
    First let me say it was a great course like always and enjoyed the shoot.
    Secondly, I was alittle upset that I did not make the 3pm cut-off and don't know if I would have made it anyway. But do not blame you, just the circumstances and will come earlier next time and hopefully I will make it.
    Third - I like the old school idea. Bust the groups and shotgun start.

Thanks again for given us a place to shoot. Bruce

Bruce, thanks for shooting and bringing your family. Your score would have made the shootdown, dont mean to pour salt in a wound. I have been thinking maybe a 9:00am shotgun and a 12:00pm shotgun, I used to like doing that years ago and it is good fellowship and shooters get to meet and shoot with other shooters.

dirtnapbowhunters.com
    droptinearchery.com
    shootarchery.com