Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627

Thread: AL Hunting Thread

No fellas, it was taken in Dallas co but Gulf Shores has even bigger deer!

Probably gonna extend the Feb. hunting line north in the near future. State took some of our does from this summer and studied the fetus's and concluded most were conceived in early Feb., the new line will probably be 80/ AL river and 85 west and south from there. It wouldn't have made any difference this year for us, the consistent cold weather had them going all Jan. They'll meet on it March 1 st but can't make a vote until April 1st, so we'll see!
    Last edited by Half Rack; February 11th, 2014 at 11:50 AM. Reason: They'll meet on it the March 1st but can't vote on it until April 1st/

Quote Originally Posted by Half Rack View Post
    Probably gonna extend the Feb. hunting line north in the near future. State took some of our does from this summer and studied the fetus's and concluded most were conceived in early Feb., the new line will probably be 80/ AL river and 85 west and south from there. It wouldn't have made any difference this year for us, the consistent cold weather had them going all Jan. They'll meet on it March 1 st but can't make a vote until April 1st, so we'll see!
    If this comes true I'll miss the cut by about 20 miles north. I'm not really sure when our deer rutted this year because I killed an 8 point on 12/31 walking across a sage field with his nose to the ground and grunting, and then saw a nice 7 or 8 and a doe eating behind my house on 2/4 not paying each other any attention.

I live on the AL, TN, MS border. I drive hours away to deer hunt each year and got this one on cam 100 yards behind my house.

New to the art in Alabama

I've been reading up for months, decided to get into bow hunting as my gun hunting options were somewhere between slim pickins and non existent, where as my folks and their neighbor will let me use the bow on the back side of their property and my good friends will drag me with them as they're big into the bows not so much with the boom sticks. I've got a hoyt CRX 32 been shooting between 16-24 arrows a day ranging from 10-40 yards, just practicing my basics. I've been sending letters out to folks that I know, or kinda sorta know asking for permission to bow hunt only and going from there.

I'm up in Madison county, and looking forward to the season that seems way too far off for my liking.
    Be sure you're right, and then go ahead. - David Crockett

Quote Originally Posted by tigermax14 View Post
    If this comes true I'll miss the cut by about 20 miles north. I'm not really sure when our deer rutted this year because I killed an 8 point on 12/31 walking across a sage field with his nose to the ground and grunting, and then saw a nice 7 or 8 and a doe eating behind my house on 2/4 not paying each other any attention.
    It's going to pass!

So does anyone know if this passed? We need to get tickets for opening day 15 or 25 Oct 14?

WGI_0005.jpg
    Buck2.jpg
    Etowah County, AL
    What do I need to feed this little guy to get him to grow that trophy rack?
    Mission Ballistic 29.5"/ 70#
    QAD Ultrarest
    Copper John DeadNuts MK I
    Axion Harmonic Stabilizer
    Carbon Express Mathews Maxima Hunter 350

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17252627