a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast

Thread: AL Hunting Thread

No fellas, it was taken in Dallas co but Gulf Shores has even bigger deer!

Probably gonna extend the Feb. hunting line north in the near future. State took some of our does from this summer and studied the fetus's and concluded most were conceived in early Feb., the new line will probably be 80/ AL river and 85 west and south from there. It wouldn't have made any difference this year for us, the consistent cold weather had them going all Jan. They'll meet on it March 1 st but can't make a vote until April 1st, so we'll see!
    Last edited by Half Rack; February 11th, 2014 at 12:50 PM. Reason: They'll meet on it the March 1st but can't vote on it until April 1st/

Quote Originally Posted by Half Rack View Post
    Probably gonna extend the Feb. hunting line north in the near future. State took some of our does from this summer and studied the fetus's and concluded most were conceived in early Feb., the new line will probably be 80/ AL river and 85 west and south from there. It wouldn't have made any difference this year for us, the consistent cold weather had them going all Jan. They'll meet on it March 1 st but can't make a vote until April 1st, so we'll see!
    If this comes true I'll miss the cut by about 20 miles north. I'm not really sure when our deer rutted this year because I killed an 8 point on 12/31 walking across a sage field with his nose to the ground and grunting, and then saw a nice 7 or 8 and a doe eating behind my house on 2/4 not paying each other any attention.

I live on the AL, TN, MS border. I drive hours away to deer hunt each year and got this one on cam 100 yards behind my house.

New to the art in Alabama

I've been reading up for months, decided to get into bow hunting as my gun hunting options were somewhere between slim pickins and non existent, where as my folks and their neighbor will let me use the bow on the back side of their property and my good friends will drag me with them as they're big into the bows not so much with the boom sticks. I've got a hoyt CRX 32 been shooting between 16-24 arrows a day ranging from 10-40 yards, just practicing my basics. I've been sending letters out to folks that I know, or kinda sorta know asking for permission to bow hunt only and going from there.

I'm up in Madison county, and looking forward to the season that seems way too far off for my liking.
    Be sure you're right, and then go ahead. - David Crockett

Quote Originally Posted by tigermax14 View Post
    If this comes true I'll miss the cut by about 20 miles north. I'm not really sure when our deer rutted this year because I killed an 8 point on 12/31 walking across a sage field with his nose to the ground and grunting, and then saw a nice 7 or 8 and a doe eating behind my house on 2/4 not paying each other any attention.
    It's going to pass!

So does anyone know if this passed? We need to get tickets for opening day 15 or 25 Oct 14?

WGI_0005.jpg
    Buck2.jpg
    Etowah County, AL
    What do I need to feed this little guy to get him to grow that trophy rack?

Mission Ballistic 29.5"/ 70#
    QAD Ultrarest
    Copper John DeadNuts MK I
    Axion Harmonic Stabilizer
    Carbon Express Mathews Maxima Hunter 350

It's going to be time before we know it. I'm getting ready are you?
    hoyt alphamax 32
    28.5" draw, 70lbs, 288 fps, acc 3-49 27.5",fuse axium 6" stabilizer, Alpine soft loc quiver
    snyper 2 blade/rage 2 blade

KEEP YOUR SHAFT STRAIGHT

Good deer in Winfield where I hunted last year but joinin a 12000 acre club this year in central Al

uploadfromtaptalk1406763859511.jpgnever saw this monster in person...god knows what he is this year

Nice buck southbound. Good luck getting a chance at him. New here to this site and wanted to check in with all the other Bama guys. I live in Greenville. Hunt Butler, Wilcox and Marengo counties.

Quote Originally Posted by Boykin Guy View Post
    Nice buck southbound. Good luck getting a chance at him. New here to this site and wanted to check in with all the other Bama guys. I live in Greenville. Hunt Butler, Wilcox and Marengo counties.
    I am from Mobile, but I hunt in between Greenville and Pineapple on County Rd 5. Welcome to the site! I hope Butler is treating you well!
    2012 Elite Answer
    #70 at 29 in draw
    Acts 10:13 "And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat."

Quote Originally Posted by preacherjim View Post
    I am from Mobile, but I hunt in between Greenville and Pineapple on County Rd 5. Welcome to the site! I hope Butler is treating you well!
    Thanks Preacher. I hunt in the Forest Home area so we aren't to far apart.

Been to the club the last few weekends getting some stands set up trimming lanes etc. I have seen deer each trip and several fawns.
    hoyt alphamax 32
    28.5" draw, 70lbs, 288 fps, acc 3-49 27.5",fuse axium 6" stabilizer, Alpine soft loc quiver

KEEP YOUR SHAFT STRAIGHT

Nice. Went to my club near Evergreen on Labor Day. Only saw one deer and a decent amount of tracks. Hope it gets better when it cools off some. Cameras are out and waiting.

Seems like we're less than a month out. Everyone ready?

I've been working, put up a few shooting houses. Went to bass pro shops on August 16 to get 3 ladder stands. They were out of stock but had 48 in the warehouse and were going to get them in ASAP. Still don't have them. I need to get them put up and have a half dozen or so loc ons to put up as well as 2 tripods and 2 more shooting houses.
    hoyt alphamax 32

KEEP YOUR SHAFT STRAIGHT

Things near Troy are picking up. The last couple months of heat caused the deer not to move but they are out now.
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg
    image.jpg

You've definitely got some shooters!

I had forgotten about this thread. Been chasing elk in Colorado. Hiked about 200 miles in the last three weeks. I'll be coming back home to film some whitetail hunts with Mimosa outdoors down there. Can't wait

Well fellas, my season is over before it even started. Archery season comes in on the 25th and I am having spinal fusion surgery on the 20th. I hope to be able to hunt some with a boom stick come mid to end January. Have fun, be safe, and make sure you post results!!
    2012 Elite Answer
    #70 at 29 in draw
    Acts 10:13 "And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat."

Preacher Jim, hope you'll be back fit soon.

have seen a few in Jackson County, shame my trail cams suck...

Video 1
    video 2

Preacher Jim hope surgery goes well. We got about a half inch of rain at the club this evening, might be hope for the green fields. I'm leaving Wednesday evening after work to get after them for 4 days. Ready to deflate 1
    hoyt alphamax 32

KEEP YOUR SHAFT STRAIGHT

Page 27 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1725262728 LastLast