Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: AL Hunting Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bonedemik View Post
    thermacell - dont go in woods without it , they also have cover scent adapters for them now
    Huh ... How does that work ?

Big B.

It's not a passion ... It's an obsession ... Just wish my wife understood that !

I think they offer an earth scented pad. I haven't bought them so i don't know if they work as well or not. The regular ones haven't given me that much trouble. I always hunt the wind so i don't really worry about it.
    PSE Axe 7 28" 70 lbs.
    Spott Hogg Real Deal w/ hogg wrap
    rip cord code red
    10" 8 oz. b stinger pro hunter
    Roll Tide!!!

Glad to see an al thread up and going. Good looking pics guys and good luck to you. Im in south al. Hunt mostly in Monroe county but tend to hunt Wilcox and Clark a couple times a year. Just checked my cams and got a couple coming along nicely. I will post some pics next time I check the camera.
    2012 obsession LF/ elite envy
    HHA
    Qad ld
    Slick tricks and t3's
    Tn traditions 60# gt trd 5575 170 simmons landshark

Hey guys! I hunt in Butler County just outside of Greenville. Great pics! I am getting an itchy release finger! I look forward to hearing how everyone's season goes. I also hope that we actually have a winter this year....
    2012 Elite Answer
    #70 at 29 in draw
    Acts 10:13 "And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat."

preacherjim, I see your from Mobile. Where bouts? I'm from mobile county as well
    2009 Mathews DXT

I haven't been on here in a while, love this thread! I hunt in Pike and Franklin Counties. Looking forward to hearing about everyone season. It will be nice to talk Alabama hunting with others that know how hard it really is here.

Quote Originally Posted by 5finsup View Post
    I haven't been on here in a while, love this thread! I hunt in Pike and Franklin Counties. Looking forward to hearing about everyone season. It will be nice to talk Alabama hunting with others that know how hard it really is here.
    I agree we need to keep this thread up and going ... Hunting in AL is so different than anywhere else ! It is very nice to have a place to talk strictly AL. Hope everyone has a great season ! 2 and a half months to go ... CANNOT WAIT !!!

Big B.
    It's not a passion ... It's an obsession ... Just wish my wife understood that !

Hunt in Jackson County...these are the best clear pics I've got of a buck so far...got a couple more that I think are bigger, but they are a little blurry...this guy's a ten, but I hope he adds some tine length...
    PICT0069.jpg
    PICT0043.jpg

sorry BigB 2579, been off a while but to answer your question on Thermacell scent pad , its an adapter with scent free pads , it snaps on over the top of heating element and does not interfere with repellant and all you do is add your own scent to the adapter pad and it heats it up to help carry scent farther , only place I've found them is Simmons in Bessemer
    BEAR ATTITUDE
    Trophy Ridge
    NAP

oh by the way BigB I hunt Marengo Cty but have recently picked up a lease in Perry Cty. near Sprott , where in Perry cty are you hunting ?
    BEAR ATTITUDE
    Trophy Ridge
    NAP

oh by the way BigB I hunt Marengo Cty but have recently picked up a lease in Perry Cty. near Sprott , where in Perry cty are you hunting ?
    Glad Simmons has them , I live about 30 minutes from them. I actually am not going to return to my Perry Co. Lease this season. Dues went out of sight. I wasn't far at all from Sprott , I was closer to the Bibb county line. The land is in between HWY 219 and Co Rd 183 ... About 10 miles South of Centreville. Had some great hunting , just not quite worth the money they wanted this year. I may hunt some National Forest down that way some , and I've also got 100 acres in Tuscaloosa County that I sub lease.

Big B.

I'm not far from you , live in Adger , lease is off 183 on county rd 2
    BEAR ATTITUDE
    Trophy Ridge
    NAP

I'm not far from you , live in Adger , lease is off 183 on county rd 2
    Oh dear ... I spent a lot of time in Adger. My Dad's side of the family were all born and raised there. I'm not 20 minutes from Adger ! Your lease in Sprott , do yall usually take members every year , is there a waiting list. I'm gonna try to look at several different places before joining another lease , and wouldn't mind checking it out.

Big B.

Quote Originally Posted by daniel4191 View Post
    preacherjim, I see your from Mobile. Where bouts? I'm from mobile county as well
    Saraland.
    2012 Elite Answer
    #70 at 29 in draw

ill chime in. havent done much at all in the woods yet. gotta get some new cameras asap!
    im hunting in goodwater and a place down hwy 78 between leeds and irondale.
    also have the land leased across from bass pro shops/barbers with a couple guys.

cant wait for season!

BigB ,me and 2 buddies just picked it up from Westervelt and are not taking any members this year ,sorry , I'll probably be spending majority of my time in Marengo Cty. when season opens because i have so much invested in that place ; so who are your relatives in Adger ?
    BEAR ATTITUDE
    Trophy Ridge
    NAP

I know its late to be asking this but i've been busy with school the whole summer, but I'm looking for hunting leases primarily in south alabam. Where are some good places to find these?
    2009 Mathews DXT

aldeer.com has postings about available leases
    Mathews Outback 29/70#

Small world.. I use to live right behind carrrolls pharmacy with my great grand pa its there on main st in old down town Dallas. I heard paulding CO has been giving up some nice bucks lately from what I hear

Are any of you guys close or even semi close to gadsden? Im probably about to move there for school. I was going to wait until spring but an opportunity come up so it's hard to pass up.

I don't know anyone from around there so hard to find places to hunt not knowin anyone!

I needed to do something with my Z7 Extreme since the season is so far off, so as soon as my custom strings come it, it will officially be dressed out in Crimson and White! RTR!
    The Pro Shop also had an Auburn Heli-M in that, as much as it pains me to say, looked pretty sweet too.
    2012 Elite Answer
    #70 at 29 in draw

I needed to do something with my Z7 Extreme since the season is so far off, so as soon as my custom strings come it, it will officially be dressed out in Crimson and White! RTR!
    The Pro Shop also had an Auburn Heli-M in that, as much as it pains me to say, looked pretty sweet too.

That is suppose to read "comes in."
    2012 Elite Answer
    #70 at 29 in draw

BigB ,me and 2 buddies just picked it up from Westervelt and are not taking any members this year ,sorry , I'll probably be spending majority of my time in Marengo Cty. when season opens because i have so much invested in that place ; so who are your relatives in Adger ?
    Oh no , no ... I wasn't talking about this season (on the lease). I'm not going to get back in anything for at least a season or two. Just trying to get several places that I can look at , maybe guest hunt , and make a decision. It's no big deal , though. Do you know any Dunn's in and around Adger ?

Big B.

yea , went to school with Mark Dunn
    BEAR ATTITUDE
    Trophy Ridge
    NAP

yea , went to school with Mark Dunn
    Yea , that would be my Uncle. Small world , lol ! His older brother (Tim Dunn) is my Dad.

Big B.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast