Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: AL Hunting Thread

yea I'd say , he was about 2-3 years ahead of me in school

BEAR ATTITUDE
    Trophy Ridge
    NAP

Quote Originally Posted by zkid09 View Post
    Are any of you guys close or even semi close to gadsden? Im probably about to move there for school. I was going to wait until spring but an opportunity come up so it's hard to pass up.

I don't know anyone from around there so hard to find places to hunt not knowin anyone!
    There are a lot of great places to hunt around gadsden to your north you have little river wma and to your south you have choccolocco wma. I have only hunted choccolocco once but have hunted little river several times and seen some pretty good deer. I know choccolocco wma is one of the higher rated wma's in the state for turkey hunting but i have never been.
    PSE Axe 7 28" 70 lbs.
    Spott Hogg Real Deal w/ hogg wrap
    rip cord code red
    10" 8 oz. b stinger pro hunter
    Roll Tide!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper13 View Post
    There are a lot of great places to hunt around gadsden to your north you have little river wma and to your south you have choccolocco wma. I have only hunted choccolocco once but have hunted little river several times and seen some pretty good deer. I know choccolocco wma is one of the higher rated wma's in the state for turkey hunting but i have never been.
    If I remember right , Choccolocco always does well in AON magazine's WMA ratings for deer too.

Big B.
    It's not a passion ... It's an obsession ... Just wish my wife understood that !

PICT0034.jpg
    checked my cameras and got this guy

PICT0077.jpg
    got day pics too ,hopefully he keeps growing andsticks around till oct.15

Checked my camera today....got some good ones! I got this 8 and 10 and a few pics of the tall 8 I posted a few weeks ago. I'll try and get a pic or two of the tall 8 tomorrow.

10 "Pretty Boy"

Team PSE

"Let me ask you something, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!"

Hey lungbuster, what you got in that hole? How many years did it take for them to dig it out like that?

that 10's a hoss ,aren't they public deer?

Quote Originally Posted by dsheffey View Post
    Hey lungbuster, what you got in that hole? How many years did it take for them to dig it out like that?
    Just salt...that spot is only a little over a year old.

Quote Originally Posted by fromthedepths View Post
    that 10's a hoss ,aren't they public deer?

Yes sir! Here are some pics of the tall 8 I posted earlier in the thread.

Team PSE

I'd be willing to bet there's no one watching this thread that has hunted Cahaba WMA on the West Blocton side ... Is there ?

I'm in between leases this season (other than 100 acres next to home) , and I'm going to check Cahaba out tomorrow ... Just because it's close to home. I went the other day and just rode a few roads , I really didn't see anything great ... When I got home , I looked at some topo maps and found a couple of places to go and stomp out and look at. I'm just curious if it's even worth the work , or if someone can give me somewhere to start ???

Big B.
    It's not a passion ... It's an obsession ... Just wish my wife understood that !

Oct 15th falls on a Monday this year. Bow season opening on a weekday.
    Team PSE

Quote Originally Posted by lungbuster123 View Post
    Oct 15th falls on a Monday this year. Bow season opening on a weekday.
    Yep ... They always open bow season on Oct. 15 regardless of what day , and Gun Season always opens on a Saturday ... I think like the third Saturday in Nov.

Big B.

Maybe there will be less people in the woods opening day!
    Team PSE

Quote Originally Posted by lungbuster123 View Post
    Maybe there will be less people in the woods opening day!
    Yea , shouldn't be as many as the first weekend. I never have a problem during bow season. Try to bow hunt on opening day of gun season ... I'll never do that again !!!

Big B.

Hey fellas, I'm gonna be in Birmingham on Oct 20 and I wanted to see if there was any way I could bowhunt while I was there. Anybody know of anything nearby?
    Martin Scepter V 60# (barebow)

Anybody go to the buckmaster expo?
    2009 Mathews DXT

These cool mornings in the 50s and 60s really has me itching to be up a tree. October can't get here fast enough

Quote Originally Posted by 5finsup View Post
    These cool mornings in the 50s and 60s really has me itching to be up a tree. October can't get here fast enough
    x2 I can't wait!

Did some scouting here today....some deer sign and plenty of pig sign.

Team PSE

Attached Images Attached Images

Did a little scouting myself a couple weeks ago. Found a new spot with some.good.sign.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346276115.955332.jpg
    Got this guy the other day he is a 4x4 . Think it may be the 4x4 on the right from last year ?? The deer on the left in the second pic is a nine and he got a free pass last year. No pics yet of him this year but will post as soon as i get him. Should be a chub this year .ImageUploadedByTapatalk1346276220.865122.jpg

Using my cracked Iphone pecking at my buttons trying to type this

@lungbuster, where you hunting??
    Don't have any hogs where I hunt but I would like to hog hunt some day. Don't know anyone that does it. Don't know many people to hunt with at all being that I'm so young lol

I live in Ohio but my wifes family owns 200 acres in Fayette, AL. and I hunt there every year for a week around Christmas. The deer are a lot smaller in Alabama compared to Ohio but I love being able to use a rifle. I hunt with a bow in Ohio so it is a nice change.
    Airborne Archery LLC, Authorized Obsession Dealer, Authorized Athens Archery DealerAuthorized Diamond, Styker & Octane Dealer
    2014 Obsession Phoenix, Spot Hogg Hogg-It, QAD HDX, Tight Spot Quiver
    2014 Obsession Evolution, Athens Testament, Spott Hogg Hogg It, QAD HDX, Tight Spot Quiver

i am glad i found this thread i live in wilsonville i hunt portland landing some of land mossy oak had hogs are taking over only pictures we have this summer are of hogs the land is up for sale hope we dont loose it

October 15 will be here before you know it. I'm ready for it to cool off some more. Deer hitting my salt pretty good. Already got a couple of stands hung and shooting lanes cut. Afraid the mosquitoes are going to be worse than normal with all the rain we have had lately, big test for the thermacell. Looks like another good crop of acorns. Just wanted to keep this thread updated. I like to see how everybody who hunts Alabama is doing and see all those great pics.
    Elite Hunter
    GoldTip 7595
    Wasp jak hammer

Page 4 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast