a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: AL Hunting Thread

First time poster here but I have been lurking on AT for a while just reading and learning.

I checked my camera this afternoon in Henry Co. and finally for one for the list.

Do any of you guys know anyone that tunes bows in bama??
    I'm lookin for someone to help me tune my bow a little better and also my dads bow after I buy a new string

Quote Originally Posted by zkid09 View Post
    Do any of you guys know anyone that tunes bows in bama??
    I'm lookin for someone to help me tune my bow a little better and also my dads bow after I buy a new string
    You'll have to ship it but PM Shane from Strict 9 Strings on here. He has tuned a couple of my brothers and my bows now and everyone comes back shooting 10x better then before. I believe he still has a 5 day turn around (depending on what time of year). His name is Bowpro on here.
    Team PSE

"Let me ask you something, does your mother sew? BOOM. Get her to sew that!"

zkid09 check with Ron at Marks Outdoors and also we broke ground on fields for new lease yesterday and set out more salt blocks too , cant wait , feel like a kid waiting on santa.
    BEAR ATTITUDE
    Trophy Ridge
    NAP

I went to marks And paper tuned it yesterday. I thought about Getting rons dad, ronny, to help me with it. My dad does all his mechanic work and he a good friend of ours but he seems busy all the time so I hate to ask.

Was hoping to find someone to help me broadhead tune and just fine tune my bow. Seems hard to do on a short range like marks has, especially with them always busy.

Hoping to learn from someone as much or more than Gettin my bow tuned really

Hunt in Barbour County, Does have not dropped yet so I know I won't get to hunt the rut this year but do have a few hopeful candidates for the wall check em out, Score anyone?202674_3506009816725_15382270_o.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by tsyschas View Post
    Hunt in Barbour County, Does have not dropped yet so I know I won't get to hunt the rut this year but do have a few hopeful candidates for the wall check em out, Score anyone?202674_3506009816725_15382270_o.jpg

Good looking deer right there!
    Team PSE

Quote Originally Posted by tsyschas View Post
    Team PSE

I put my camera out monday on some public land. I know there are some big boys down there just hope to get some pics of them, or better yet get a shot at one during bow season.
    PSE Axe 7 28" 70 lbs.
    Spott Hogg Real Deal w/ hogg wrap
    rip cord code red
    10" 8 oz. b stinger pro hunter
    Roll Tide!!!

Lungbuster hoping to see one of those nice public land deer take a dirt nap this year. I know they are where you hunt.
    MC-130J Crew Chief

Bowtech Destroyer 350LE

Checked my camera today and this guy was under my stand this morning.

starting to see some deer with hard antlers in cleburne county. Man it feels good out here this morning

looking to do some hunting in talladega national forest this season. i've havn't heard many good things but I'm looking at choccolocco wma. I'm also keeping my ears open for any leases if anybody is looking to pick up another bowhunter pm me.

also if anyone is interested in hunting the talladega national forest or anywhere with me I'm thinking about going and camping somewhere for multi day hunts. maybe a campground but you can camp anywhere in the forest and theres also shelters along the pinhoti trail built by the pinhoti trail alliance which would make a good base camp. pm me if interested.

Haven't heard from you guys in a bit. How about the 54 degree weather this morning!?

Good Lord, Alabama waits way to long to open bow season. All the states around us have either started or are gearing up now.

I am going out of my gourd here.

You and me both!!! It's driving me crazy to get out there

Quote Originally Posted by Ruger Theory View Post
    Good Lord, Alabama waits way to long to open bow season. All the states around us have either started or are gearing up now.
    But at least we get to hunt until the end of January.

Quote Originally Posted by JPW77 View Post
    But at least we get to hunt until the end of January.
    That's what I'm talkin' bout !

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2
    It's not a passion ... It's an obsession ... Just wish my wife understood that !

We mowed food plots last weekend. Before 9:00 Sunday morning, we'd killed 2 Copperheads, 2 Timber Rattlers, 2 Cottonmouths and had another Cottonmouth get away. We were in Wilcox Co. Along the Alabama river. Be careful.

I killed a cotton mouth in my yard last Sunday. Never seen a rattler before thank God.

What have you guys found to be the best to plant for fall plots ? I bowhunt only so our fields are not big just seeing what others have had luck with ?

Using my cracked Iphone pecking at my buttons trying to type this

we are planting Saturday in Perry cty.; wheat , oats , rye , and clover . Always had success with this mix especially on property never planted before so deer should come to it as it is a new food source for them . Marengo property , planted broad range including brassica mixes along with clovers and oats and wheat.
    BEAR ATTITUDE
    Trophy Ridge
    NAP

Page 5 of 28 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast