Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Vortex Ranger 1000

2012 Vortex Ranger 1000

Just got a call from the shop it has arrived. I will pick it up tonight and get a review done on it! Should be sweet

Sent from my Verizon iPhone using Tapatalk
    Vantage Elite +'s (77#, 60#, 55#) And a Matrix with Spirals for hunting
    Things I Like: Honey Badger Bowstrings, Gold Tip Arrows, Affordable Stabilizer Weights (ASW), Grave Digger Broadheads, and DS Advantage Products

Cool!
    So they are starting to ship some out into the world now?
    Cant wait to get mine!

Awesome, this is my next range finder!

Sneak peak:

Things I Like: Honey Badger Bowstrings, Gold Tip Arrows, Affordable Stabilizer Weights (ASW), Grave Digger Broadheads, and DS Advantage Products

sweet how much you pay for that

Got to play with one a little. Very small in size, it can fit in nearly any pocket. VERY clear optics. I dont have much experience with Leica RFs but the optics on this thing ROCK! Couldnt find anything further but the Vortex was able to range out to 500+ yards on trees pretty easily. The adjustable Red LED display was easy to read, only washed out a little in direct sunlight........I basically looked at the sun sooo not a problem. Overall, seemed like a very well built little unit. I am taking one to a 3d shoot this weekend to try, we will see how it stacks up. If it is like all other Vortex products I have tried, should be sweet!
    Strother Archery, Vortex Optics, Trophy Taker rests, Montana Black Gold, Scott Releases, Predator Camoflage, Horn Hunter packs, Sitka Gear

They are very nice . I also got to look at one at a bow shop last weekend. I am hopeful to win one at the Vortex open shoot in Aug. near home .
    PSE Bowmadness 3G skullworks Lefty 2012
    Elite Hunter 2013 - My new toy
    Bowtech Ross 2010 Carnivore 34 70 lb. My black lab Darla
    Vortex Optics - Bluff Country Bowstrings
    Tru-Fire releases

Quote Originally Posted by wekilldeer View Post
    I basically looked at the sun sooo not a problem.
    And what was the range?
    Stop looking back, it's not where you're going....

Quote Originally Posted by wekilldeer View Post
    Got to play with one a little. Very small in size, it can fit in nearly any pocket. VERY clear optics. I dont have much experience with Leica RFs but the optics on this thing ROCK! Couldnt find anything further but the Vortex was able to range out to 500+ yards on trees pretty easily. The adjustable Red LED display was easy to read, only washed out a little in direct sunlight........I basically looked at the sun sooo not a problem. Overall, seemed like a very well built little unit. I am taking one to a 3d shoot this weekend to try, we will see how it stacks up. If it is like all other Vortex products I have tried, should be sweet!
    We were able to range 650 outside the shop. Everything you said has been spot on from what I have found. Going to be able to spend more time with it this weekend!

Quote Originally Posted by dorkbuck33 View Post
    They are very nice . I also got to look at one at a bow shop last weekend. I am hopeful to win one at the Vortex open shoot in Aug. near home .
    You wont be able to win it because they are going to draw my name!
    '13 Elite Answer
    '13 Hoyt Carbon Element

Ttt

Quote Originally Posted by iammarty View Post
    You wont be able to win it because they are going to draw my name!
    There is always one in the crowd. pick me , pick me .
    Actually i might win a second one at the shoot with my high score and i could sell it to you for half of my income ? This range finder is the bomb , we can only hope. I don't have enough $ to purchase it so i am banking on the high score , sumpin to shoot for . Good luck , see you there.
    PSE Bowmadness 3G skullworks Lefty 2012
    Elite Hunter 2013 - My new toy
    Bowtech Ross 2010 Carnivore 34 70 lb. My black lab Darla
    Vortex Optics - Bluff Country Bowstrings
    Tru-Fire releases

Looks real nice and I'm sure it performs too. What's the retail on these bad boys and do they come in different sizes? Range wise.
    www.bowfitters.net....219-775-8446
    Bow Fitter's service order form
    Strings and tuning info/pricing....click here

Quote Originally Posted by ThomVis View Post
    And what was the range?
    93 million

One size that I know of for now, not 100% sure on the retail but the website says $499. I checked it out the ATA Show and will have one before hunting season.
    Stage 1 Strings Hunting PS / Fury X Archery SS / Dead Center Archery PS / Slick Trick PS / Gold Tip AS / Carbomask PS / Trophy Blend Scents PS / Tenzing FS / Bohning SS / U-Slide PS / Spot Hogg PS / TightSpot Quiver PS / Mossy Oak PS / Swarovski Field Tech / Team QAD PS

Quote Originally Posted by rodney482 View Post
    93 million

I'll take 2 Rodney!
    Stage 1 Strings Hunting PS / Fury X Archery SS / Dead Center Archery PS / Slick Trick PS / Gold Tip AS / Carbomask PS / Trophy Blend Scents PS / Tenzing FS / Bohning SS / U-Slide PS / Spot Hogg PS / TightSpot Quiver PS / Mossy Oak PS / Swarovski Field Tech / Team QAD PS

Quote Originally Posted by rodney482 View Post
    93 million
    Dang Rodney. You must have gotten the special model.

The display is so nice in low light. Almost a little too bright. Although It does have 3 brightness settings.

I just like how simple this thing is.

I'm curious on the review on this thing. I'm in the market for a new rangefinder and I'm down to the Vortex Ranger or the Leupold 1000 TBR w/ DNA. Curious how they would compare and even posted a thread here hoping to get some reviews..... http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1778330

Quote Originally Posted by Out West View Post
    I'm curious on the review on this thing. I'm in the market for a new rangefinder and I'm down to the Vortex Ranger or the Leupold 1000 TBR w/ DNA. Curious how they would compare and even posted a thread here hoping to get some reviews..... http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=1778330
    I had a Leupold rx-3 and already the vortex takes the cake. The Leupold is full of useless features and very cluttered field of view. The black display is 10x harder to see then the red in the vortex.

Quote Originally Posted by Cdpkook132 View Post
    I had a Leupold rx-3 and already the vortex takes the cake. The Leupold is full of useless features and very cluttered field of view. The black display is 10x harder to see then the red in the vortex.

The Leupold 1000 has a red LED display as well.

Great news! I pre-ordered one many months ago and can't wait for mine to arrive!
    They should be one the better bowhunting rangefinders out for 2012 IMO.
    I currently own a Swarovski Laser Guide but darn excited for this unit.
    Blazin' Pond & Oak Savanna - Fowl and Whitetails
    Glacial lakes area, Minnesota

I notice some of the other units have different settings for ranging targets such as first target and distant target. How does the Vortex handle these issues because I can see a need to be able to distinguish your target in cover. I couldn't find any reference to this on Vortex's website.
    2012 Bowtech Insanity CPX 70#, QAD HDX Rest, Tommy Hogg Sight, Doinker Tactical Stabilizer, GT Velocity Arrows, Slick Trick Broadheads

2013 Bowtech Insanity CPX 60#, QAD HDX Rest, Hog Father Sight, Doinker Tactical Stabilizer, GT Velocity Arrows

Quote Originally Posted by Dunk19 View Post
    I notice some of the other units have different settings for ranging targets such as first target and distant target. How does the Vortex handle these issues because I can see a need to be able to distinguish your target in cover. I couldn't find any reference to this on Vortex's website.
    I emailed Vortex and the response was it uses first target priority.

Still trying to figure out what the Leupold RX-1000i uses.
    2012 Bowtech Assassin | 55 lb - 27.5"
    Black QAD Ultra Rest HDx
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    CX Terminator Select 4560s - 28" - 410gr

Is there anymore feedback out there on the Vortex Ranger 1000? I have a Cabelas discount that I'm going to take advantage of this weekend and purchase either the Ranger or the Leupold 1000i TBR. I really like the Leupold, but their warranty is less than stellar with only a 1 year warranty. The lifetime warranty of the Vortex is what has put the Ranger #1 right now for me. I would just like to get some more real world feedback on it. I've seen the Ranger in person, but I wasn't able to compare it to the Leupold side by side. Apparently most of the local stores sell out on the Vortex faster than they can get them in. But not getting much feedback on it. I'm not always a fan of getting the 1st year model of anything because all of the bugs haven't been figured out yet......

Quote Originally Posted by Out West View Post
    Is there anymore feedback out there on the Vortex Ranger 1000? I have a Cabelas discount that I'm going to take advantage of this weekend and purchase either the Ranger or the Leupold 1000i TBR. I really like the Leupold, but their warranty is less than stellar with only a 1 year warranty. The lifetime warranty of the Vortex is what has put the Ranger #1 right now for me. I would just like to get some more real world feedback on it. I've seen the Ranger in person, but I wasn't able to compare it to the Leupold side by side. Apparently most of the local stores sell out on the Vortex faster than they can get them in. But not getting much feedback on it. I'm not always a fan of getting the 1st year model of anything because all of the bugs haven't been figured out yet......
    I just ordered one from Cabelas 2 days ago and used my Cabelas discount.
    I should get my Vortex in a couple days.
    Dont have to worry much about the bugs because ot the lifetime warranty.
    Cant wait to see it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast