Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wisker biscuit or drop away

Wisker biscuit or drop away

Just wanted to see if a whisker biscuit is a better or worse way to go than a drop away have heard good and bad about whisker biscuit but have heard cannot go wrong w drop away.oh yeah guess I should mention this is my first bow it is a Mathews switchback if it makes a difference on deciding on wich is better thanks for any info

I've had whisker biscuit, ripcord drop away and now a QAD hd. I love my Qad.... They've all got their advantages and disadvantages. It's all up to the user. I like the QAD over the Ripcord, because when you draw back on something and don't shoot. The ripcord drops when you let the arrow down. The QAD don't.

the biscuit is good but has a few draw backs like fletching wear, you can't get a real good helical on your fletches, you mostly have to fletch with a straight fletch with a small off set. it's a great hunting rest though. a good drop away with with a full containment i think is a little better. a limb driver pro would be a good place to start looking
    Bowtech Experience 55# 28"DL, LD micro elite, spot hogg, tight spot

Drop away.

I have shot a whisker biscuit for several years and liked it but never could get my fixed blades to fly like my field tips. I took my bow to the shop and had it tuned and still couldn't get them to fly right. Had them put on a limb driver and within five minutes had them shooting perfect. I would recemmend getting a limb driver drop away. I'm very happy with mine...

ive shot the bisquit my whole archery career and absoluetly loved it. cant go wrong with it. it did chew up the feathers abit though. no big deal to me. Then this year I got a new bow and with it bought some new arrows with blazer fletching. with the bisquit i couldnt get a nice tight group and couldnt get a good paper tune on it. only later did i realize that the bisquit isnt really made for the blazers because the y sit higher off the arrow shaft therefore making the fletching almost come into contact with the bisquits housing ring. the arrow would still go through the bisquit but not without alot of resistance. therefore throwing the arrow flight off. with my reluctance i was talked into a QAD and it fixed my problem instantly. so far i like the drop away rest but ill keep the bisquit on my back up bow.

Drop aways are faster and more accurate.

If you're deer huntin' from a tree saddle, I would suggest the WB
    2012 HOYT rampage XT

Cobra sight - WB rest - Fuse Flexblade dampener - Apex quiver - Easton Bloodline arrows - Scott release

Drop aways seem to be more accurate to me. I have a ripcord and a aae doa. Qad rest are also good.
    A bad day hunting, is better than a good day on the couch..
    Proud part of the ARCHERY SHACK FIELD STAFF. archeryshackstrings.com
    Buy the best string the first time around, affordable, quality, every time.

Drops are more accurate but a biscuit is alot less to worry about......

Re: Wisker biscuit or drop away

For a new archer the biscuit is very hard to beat and its just downright reliable for hunting.... that'd be my suggestion for your bow.

I've got both, and currently shoot a Limbdriver Pro which in my opinion is the best rest made period. But is it the best choice starting out? I'm not sure...

Good luck with whatever you decide. If it was mine I'd start with the WB.... :thumbup:
    08 Pse Xforce HF6- 70# @ 29", Winners Choice strings, Limbdriver Pro Rest, Camo TruGlo Micro Brite 3 pin sight, AEP Stabolution 10" camo stab, Apex Gear quiver, Gold Tip Velocity XT 300's @ 29", Spitfire XP PRO 125's, RAGE 2
    blade 125 Chisel tips, Scott Silverhorn
    member of the PSE militia!

i would rec. a dropaway for the new archer, they are more forgiving
    than the wb.(if you drop your arm or peak it wont affect it as much).
    my wife went from a wb to a dropaway and loves it.
    Bowtech Insanity,25.5" dl, 60# dw , Carbon Express Blue streaks @ 285fps, with Grim Reaper hybrids.
    HHA OL 5019 sight 4x lens and clarifier , Nap Apache, bling sling , Torqueless sideplates
    truglo stab with bowjax dampners , bowjax limb dampners and custom riser dampners .

Qad is way better than the whisker biscuit. Hands down.

A whisker away, great rest

Ripcord red dropaway

Limb Driver is a very good rest as well

Whisker biscuit
    1 Timothy 2
    2013 Hoyt Charger "blacked out"

Get the best of both. Trophy Ridge Revolution with full arrow capture until release. No fletching contact.
    2010 Bowtech D350 at 61 lb DW and 29" DL
    11 year old son - Bowtech Soldier set 42 lb DW and 24" DL.
    Back yard target and backstop the neighbor absolutely hates (its an eyesore).

WB all the way. You can watch a video of Pigman somewhere shooting groups at 100 yards. What more do you need?

I tried the WB when they first came out on my last bow. With this newer bow I have a Smart rest drop away, and will never go back to WB again after seeing the advantages of these drop aways.

Quote Originally Posted by naturemade View Post
    WB all the way. You can watch a video of Pigman somewhere shooting groups at 100 yards. What more do you need?
    ha, well well well, well whatdaya know....well...weeeeellllll! LMAO .... boom, boom, boom, theres the group right down there....

I like the WB, but its hard shooting anything then straight vanes, and it does damage them after a while. too. shoots fine, love the capture during hunting. And I can't get my BH to fly like FP either. Also few weeks ago my dad brought his bow over with a drop rest, and I was sticking them all in the yellow with it...these CE arrows do have a bit of contact with the bottom of the rest too.

drop away for me any day of the week
    2014 Energy 32
    2014 Faktor turbo
    Black eagle arrows
    Prairie archery

Quote Originally Posted by snake1127 View Post
    ha, well well well, well whatdaya know....well...weeeeellllll! LMAO .... boom, boom, boom, theres the group right down there....

I like the WB, but its hard shooting anything then straight vanes, and it does damage them after a while. too. shoots fine, love the capture during hunting. And I can't get my BH to fly like FP either. Also few weeks ago my dad brought his bow over with a drop rest, and I was sticking them all in the yellow with it...these CE arrows do have a bit of contact with the bottom of the rest too.
    Sounds like you need to work on your form and tune your bow better and not blame the equipment.

If your only shooting two weeks before season and quit after the season, get either. If you shoot year round get a drop away

accuracy is always in the hands and not the equipment, if both are set up and shot by a good shooter the accuracy is equal, fall aways are not more accurate, period! however if you have bad form as many do, the biscuit will not hide those problems and your accuracy will suffer,, with those same problems a fall away looks to be more accurate because it masks the flaws of the archer,, its putting a band aid on a problem to use a fall away and claim they are more accurate,,, crap shooters refuse to fix the problem,, themselves..... the clear winner in dependability is the whisker biscuit,, never been a more reliable rest made.... they will never go out of time, never create cam or wheel lean because of a draw cord , they have no springs that can ever break,, if you do wear out a head, it can be replaced and it costs a lot less,,, i have used and worked on many different fall aways... the rip cord can and does go out of time, the cord can and does pull out of the houseing,, and it is never a convient time to fix it when it does,, the qad is probably the best selling fallaway made,, and from what i have seen it is the worst one for having issues,,, they most be timed perfectly especially with blazer vanes which are so popular but give the most contact problems,, they can rebound and strike the arrow going through, the cord can and does break and pull through,,, in short most mechanical rests will fail,, its the nature of the beast,, the more moving parts the more can and does go wrong... having said that, there are some that are very good and far and away better than average,, of the mechanical rests, i have found three that perform very well and have used all three,, the apache,, but it has no cocking device, the arrow lifts on the draw, but they seem to work very well but dont fit all bows,, the revolution, i thought was a joke,, it wasn't i used one a good bit, i like the ability to retime it much easier than any other rest,,, it also offers containment,, but the arm can break, however trophy ridge has been very good about taking care of them and you can change it at home,, its pretty simple,,, the very best of all the mechanicals i have seen, heard about and used is the limb driver pro v from vapor trail,,, very dependable, very fast,, very easy to set up..
    there is no perfect rest,, just as there is no perfect peep,, things can happen with any of them,,, and as i said earlier, accuracy is in the hands and the set up the equipment makes little difference especially the rest,,, if you want a band aid for form problems,, get a good one,, the limb driver pro v, its worth the money and has less issues than any other i have seen, if you want utter dependability,, get the biscuit... but dont be mislead by poor shots claiming the fall aways are more accurate,, there not, so get what you want,, the limb driver or the biscuit,, i use both,,, and the limb driver is the only mechanical rest i will put on a hunting bow at all,,,
    Last edited by xman59; October 24th, 2012 at 02:02 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast