Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Martin Archery in 2013

I dont know how you are going to improve your customer service... its great already!

14 Strother Vital
    14 Xpedition Xcentric
    13 Athens Convixtion
    12 Athens Exceed
    12 Athens Afllixion

Focus ,, on a short draw fast bow ,,for guys like me ....Martin has done pretty good here but, could be better at marketing it..I am still wanting a Crossfire to try...And plain on getting one some way...There is a lot you guys do right,,light wt,fast,Reasonable prices etc... but, bows coming from factory could be set to specs/time better...as this takes away from the good..
    I have been a Martin guy...sense my first bow a Martin Speed demon ...
    It's all about what tracks a man leaves as well as his prey..

Great to hear this. Hope you have a great 2013! Can't wait to see the new bows. All of the best. Just bought my first Martin bow after shooting Hoyt for many years. Martin is picking up here in South Africa - at last!
    Speed is fine, but accuracy is everything! Life has many choices. Eternity only has two. 2 Cor. 5:17 Rom 12:21

Great news!!!
    "let the fans make the noise" -jh

Quote Originally Posted by CherryJu1ce View Post
    Sounds very exciting and promising. Bring back the X-cam!
    This....PLEASE!!!!!!
    (5) Martin Slayers-Nitrous X

(2) Rytera Bullet Xs-Nitrous X B cams

HUTCH-N-SON Strings @ bowstringdepot.com

Should be another great year. I would like to see another SlayrX/Nitrous like the 2005 original model that got me started with Martin.
    Martin Archery Staff Shooter
    The Archery Program
    Trophy Taker
    Flex Fletch

good news! hope the best for everyone involved and their new marketing plan and line up....
    WANT TO JOIN OUR STAFF OR BECOME A DEALER... jason@blackeaglearrows.com
    "WHAT WE DO IN OUR LIFE, ECHOES IN ETERNITY."
    "SOME OF US ARE DREAMERS, AND SOME OF US ARE DO-ERS!"

It very good to hear that Martin Archery has an open ear to past quality issues and making improvements.

I have mentioned in the past the fact that many Martin dealers i have visited in past 5 years just retain their Martin dealer status, carry no merchandise, focus on selling other manufactures, or drop the Martin line completely. I hope that the mentioned improvements can once again provide Martin dealers with better sales support and increase exposure for Martin in the archery industry.
    “In archery children and parents stand together, facing a common direction - how truly refreshing.”

<+><

Was hoping Martin would trash the pieced risers too.

I used to be a Martin Staff Shooter for seven + yrs...finally shootin for another company because of quality issues. It started well and waned fgrom there...as one of the other posters said started when they:

1. released the Furious cam (quality wise...junk)

2. went to a 3 piece riser (showed they truly only cared about their bottom line and not quality)

3. went from anodized then to PC then to cheap paint that wears off (same as #2)

I truly wish the best for Martin and always will but one thing they have been doing right from day one is customer service...don't change a thing.

One last thing they might want to do is not be so bold in the way they market bows. Meaning to be a dealer they want you to buy X number of bows. Being that they don't sell well in general compared to some others. Some dealers just drop them for a company that don't mind the dealer purchasing bows as needed or at least purchasing a # of bows he can afford...some bows sold is better than none sold.

Just my .02.

Best wishes to the Martin family.

Best wishes to Gail and the Martin Family as well as the Martin Company!

I am the proud owner of my frist Martin. I have shot a few bowtechs (older ones) hoyt. I love the idea of Martin being a working mans bow. I have had more issues with my Martin then I did with any others. I had a Bowtech blow up in my lap and well that was the last bowtech I owned. The hoyt was flawless except it was too much for me sore shoulders. The martin is a 60 lber and I am loving it I wish I didn't have as many of the issues I did have or am having still. but that is life I guess. If I where to change anything with martin would be quality control in the shop and have a better group of dealers. Get rid of the limbs and try something in the 5+layers ( hoyt,bowtechs) Trash the 3 pc riser. alpine did a mod riser once and junked them soon after.Work on the cams and mods they tend to eat strings for some reason.

Gail go catch you some monster fish. Summer steelhead are starting to head your way..

martin

i wish mr.gail the very best! i hope to return to martin some time in the future. the most accurate shooting i ever did was with a martin!

Bring back quality control, better finishes, and durability/reliability! The bows are accurate enough, and are easy to work on. If they can fix the above they might just make a comeback.

I hope they do!
    Dream Season UF/Rytera Alien X/ Hoyt Ultratec VersaCam/CommandCam+
    Jeep
    Gary Fisher
    Buck Knives
    "Burn the village to the ground. Doo da, Doo da".

Great news and best of luck Gail in your retirement! You have earned it!
    Rules for posting in the Classifieds-Please click on the link: http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/announ....php?f=8&a=168

Proud Staff Shooter for T.R.U Ball releases, Black Eagle Arrows, ProLine Bow Strings, Bohning Archery, Bling Sling & Onestringer Arrow Wraps

This is great news for both Mr. Martin and the company...I wish yall nothing but the best and look forward to seeing the new lineup...

Can't wait to see what they come up with for 2013!
    Scott Outdoors & Archery Everything you need with low prices and fast shipping!
    Arrows from Beman - Carbon Express - Easton - Gold Tip - Victory
    Hunting Apparel such as Scent-Lok - Robinson Outdoors Inc. Scentblocker - Natural Gear - Russell Outdoors - & More!
    scott-outdoors-archery@comcast.net

I've known the Martin family for over 35 years (they were the number line of bows in my families Pro Shop....Nevada Archery here in Vegas). Mr. and Mrs. Martin are fantastic people...as is the rest of the family!! I am glad to see that Gail is going to take the time off and enjoy whatever venture or ADventure he has lined up!!! I can still remember after the Vegas Tournament was done...we would pack up the entire Martin booth (or at least the bows and all other items in it!!) and take it back to our shop, to be sold, so they wouldn't have to pack all of that stuff and take it home!! I know it helped up and hopefully it helped them as well!

To Mr. and Mrs. Martin....have a great time and enjoy whatever you are doing!!! I know my dad (Sherman Smith-God rest his sole) would be very happy for you both!!! God bless, Todd
    2013 PRO STAFF SHOOTER FOR: * SURE-LOC SIGHTS...THE ICON * EASTON ARCHERY PRODUCTS * DOINKER STABILIZATION-ESTREMO PLATINUM SERIES!! * PROLINE BOWSTRINGS-THE ONLY STRINGS "CUZ" TRUSTS!! * SPECIALTY ARCHERY PRODUCTS * FLEX-FLETCH PRODUCTS...FF-187!! * CARTER RELEASES-SIMPLE 1's BY vftcandy!!!! * ACCUNOCKS * A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MY SPONSORS!! * AND A SPECIAL "THANK YOU" TO JESUS CHRIST & MY WIFE AND KIDS!!!

I repeat...bring back the X-cam!

Anything else is simply inferior.
    Ron Paul

2008 Hoyt Katera XL in Inferno
    2008 Hoyt Katera XL in APG Camo

Lets bring back an improved nitrous shoot thru.......uhmmm OK archery is!
    PLEASE!
    2014 Hoyt Pro Comp Elite IBO setup,2014 Hoyt Pro Edge Elite ASA setup
    2014 Hoyt Pro Edge Elite IBO setup,2013 Hoyt Spyder 34 w/Z5s...critters
    2012 PSE 0men Pr0... just awesome,2014 Elite E35, 2014Mathews Chill X

One piece risers, anodizing, and X cams for me as well!

Actually, I wouldn't be disappointed if they re-released the entire 2002 line. Elite limbs, X-cams, 1-piece anodized risers...what's not to like?
    Ron Paul

2008 Hoyt Katera XL in Inferno
    2008 Hoyt Katera XL in APG Camo

So, who is the new CEO?
    Scott Outdoors & Archery Everything you need with low prices and fast shipping!
    Arrows from Beman - Carbon Express - Easton - Gold Tip - Victory
    Hunting Apparel such as Scent-Lok - Robinson Outdoors Inc. Scentblocker - Natural Gear - Russell Outdoors - & More!
    scott-outdoors-archery@comcast.net

I'm also hoping for the return of the X-cams,one peice anodized risers.Martin has always been good to me but since the nitrous x-cams were discontiued the hybrid duo binary cams don't agree with me. I have owned four of these hybrid duo cam bows, and adjusted them every way possible try to like them. The only one I still have is a shadowcat and its hanging in the closet while I shoot my old Razor-X. OK Archery looks like their making the perfect bow for me using your x-cam tecnalogy. Please don't make me have buy a really high dollar German bow.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast