Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Martin Archery in 2013

I will say it again and again...Bring out a 44" ATA Shadowcat or anything with a ATA longer than 40" for that matter.
    Don.

I shoot for...Gator Vanes....www.gatorvanes.com
    Deer Crossing Archery-Target Shafts-Specialty Archery-Timberdoodle ll-Bow String Depot
    I shoot these bows...Martin SepterV,Shadowcat
    I shoot bowhunter-not barebow..non-sights and fingers.

Bob, there is no way you are ever going to see a chart showing market share. For that to happen you'd have to know how many bows were sold in a given year by every bow manufacturer, and that just isn't going to be divulged by them all. Besides, there were other issues other than the 3 pc risers that might have hurt. The limb problem and TRG, as you mentioned. How do you weed out just how many problems were because of just the risers. I can't verify anything, but I'd venture a guess that riser problems were no worse than those of other companies---breakage, twisting, etc. There just aren't that many problems with the risers. And why not develop something like this? Yes, it may be cheaper, but that's one thing Martin can do to increase profits. Some of the cost savings passes onto the consumer by them holding there prices stable. Some of it may go into R&D to improve their product. Some goes for wages and/or benefits and some goes into the owner's pockets. That's how capiltalism works and it's how it should be.

Just figuring that most of Martin's top hunting bows hit the racks at $500 to $600. Try to find a Hoyt, Bowtech, or Mathews for that. Not that they aren't good bows, just that people are gullible enough to pay their prices. More power to those companies is what I say.

Yes, Martin has had it's share of problems the last couple years. And I agree that Joel is one of the finest customer service/warranty reps you can find. It's a shame he has to be. I hope in the next year or two Martin gets some of their quality issues in hand so Joel doesn't have so much work to do.
    PRESERVE, PROTECT, AND DEFEND THE CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES FROM ALL ENEMIES, FOREIGN AND DOMESTIC
    Martin Gold Plus Staff Shooter
    UBP Life Member,PSAA Life Member
    Hutch~N~Son strings by Bowstring Depot

Thumbs up

Well said Barry
    '12 Pulse, Blk/AP Snow 60/30 Anchor Sight, T.R. Micro Alpha V5, LD Pro V, Paradigm SOS, Ktech SS/Vbar...3D. '09 GT 500, AP camo, 60/29.5 T.R.V3, LD Pro-V, Ktech string stop, Doinker Dish Anchor Sight, Pro Line threads. Critter Gitter! Accunocks/FOBS!

I think they should send out an email to their Dealers basically asking what would make things work better on their end of it. That'd probably be a good place to start, an to start getting them on board for being a full on Martin Po Shop.

It is good to hear that steps are being taken to improve and moved forward. I do have to chuckle that some have not experienced issues with other companies. I've owned many bows over the last few years and have had issues out of the box with more than one company. From spacers missing during assembly, finish, limbs, strings - unfortunate, but it happens. Finish quality is one that comes to mind after walking through another M name dealer recently. There were probably 8 used bows hanging, from recent to older. ALL of them had the finish wore off in the riser, grip and other normal contact areas. So those $900 bows looked pretty coming out of the box, but didn't stay that way - it appeared.

I have just recently started playing with Martin's and Ryteras, hopefully my experience will be positive. I do wish the company and shooters that choose them the best.
    My wife knows nothing about bows, but unfortunately - she can count...

Quote Originally Posted by zestycj7 View Post
    I will say it again and again...Bring out a 44" ATA Shadowcat or anything with a ATA longer than 40" for that matter.
    Don.
    The market probably just isn't there.....

Good reply, Barry.
    Pearson MarXman, Limb Driver, Muddy Virtue HT3s, Bohning vanes, Sure Loc Challenger,
    Super Ball Peep, Stanislawski MagMicro Trio, Onyx, Blackjack and TRU Ball ST360, 30" Cartel.

How would a shop go about becoming a Martin dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by fallhunter View Post
    How would a shop go about becoming a Martin dealer?
    Get in touch with Martin or one of their dealer reps.
    Scott Outdoors & Archery Everything you need with low prices and fast shipping!
    Arrows from Beman - Carbon Express - Easton - Gold Tip - Victory
    Hunting Apparel such as Scent-Lok - Robinson Outdoors Inc. Scentblocker - Natural Gear - Russell Outdoors - & More!
    scott-outdoors-archery@comcast.net

I know Bowtech has an Advisory Board made up of some of their dealers from around the country. They get together once a year to discuss with Bowtech the things the see in their shop, improvements for the next year and so on. Might be a good idea for Martin as well.
    www.ikesoutdoors.com Bow and Product Reviews, How-to videos and more
    Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/ikesoutdoors

It seems that over the last 60 years, Martin Archery has had it's highs and it's lows. Innovative at times and willing to try something "different". From my perspective, it seems like a company with many worthy ideas, it just appears that follow through has been lacking at times. I say this with my limited knowledge, and from comments on line, literature, shooters and my experience.

I did purchase an Alien X last year and the sight mounting holes had not been threaded. Not a big deal, in my case. But that lack of attention to detail would be an indicator that a solid quality control process was not in place.

I would think they have some long term employees, why not put together teams that are responsible for each model, from start to finish. This would allow the builders to know that model and be more likely to notice any discrepancies. Feedback from the individual teams could assist development with changes to both current and future offerings. This, of course, works if those in control provide the means to communicate, evaluate and make adjustments.

I recently picked up a Martin and 2 Rytera's, all new old stock '09 or '10. All are good, but each required me to make contact with the company. I was told the Ryteras changes had occured to the modules, specifically, since these bows were built. I realize it would be costly to follow up with bows sold, to offer replacement parts, but it is frustrating to buy new bows, be told changes have been made, and then rely on the dealer to order the parts and wait.

I like the way they shoot, so would like to see some start to finish quality control and Martin will be be making customers happy and competitors nervous.

It's interesting to see the new Martins on sale on Ebay that show the quality control tag with about 10 items on it and every one of them only has 3-4 items checked on it. Not all items are on all bows but it looks like they skip a bunch of the items.

I forgot to add, be accurate in specifications and advertising. The Nemesis I picked up weighs 4.66 lbs naked out of the box, not 4 lbs as listed on the website.

Quote Originally Posted by dwhunts View Post
    I think they should send out an email to their Dealers basically asking what would make things work better on their end of it. That'd probably be a good place to start, an to start getting them on board for being a full on Martin Po Shop.
    Agreed I sold Martins and 99% of them Nitrous...but quality control issues and dealer factory issues caused me to stray away...I would love to have them in my shop again but I need to have dlr/factory issues resolved.Love to give them input......
    2014 Hoyt Pro Comp Elite IBO setup,2014 Hoyt Pro Edge Elite ASA setup
    2014 Hoyt Pro Edge Elite IBO setup,2013 Hoyt Spyder 34 w/Z5s...critters
    2012 PSE 0men Pr0... just awesome,2014 Elite E35, 2014Mathews Chill X

ttt

when is the new Laura Francese Martin calendar coming out?

Great news. I love my trusty old Martin.

Here is a link to some 2013 ads and products. The ads keep going on for several pages so keep scrolling. Looks mouth watering!!!

http://martinarchery.com/mtechforum/showthread.php?24708-Martin-Archery-in-2013/page6
    Everyones an expert. If you don't believe me, just ask them.

2012 Martin Silencer Nitro cams
    1997 Martin Speed Demon, Z Cams

Really loving my '12 Cougar. Fast and quiet. Other companies wish they had something like this.
    Tallahassee, FL
    Ben Pearson Staff ~ Muzzy Products Staff ~ Carbon Express Staff ~ Pine Ridge Archery Staff ~ Masko Outdoor Gear
    Join me on Facebook at Clyde Wiggins Outdoors https://www.facebook.com/pages/Clyde...4576749?ref=hl

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567