Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Team USA will be wearing on the podium

What Team USA will be wearing on the podium

I just got this from USA Basketball. This is the official podium wear for the various sports - including archery.

http://view.exacttarget.com/?j=fe511...7360027b761772

The third option (bomber jacket style on the right) is what USA Archery members, including Para, will be wearing in London on any podium runs.

-Steve
    My Bows-Two '09 Hoyt Ultra Elite/'10 Athens eXceed 300
    Wife - 2006 Hoyt UltraTec
    Son - 2009 Hoyt UltraElite GTX/2013 Hoyt ProComp Elite GTX/2014 Hoyt ProComp Elite GTX
    USA Archery Judge/ Level 3 Coach

Approved!
    The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.

One man's ceiling is another man's floor

I am pleased that they don't have that oversized pony on the right breast! However:
    - My screen displays the jacket as a "rust" color, I do hope this is computer glitch !
    - If you believe in One Flag, One Team, One Country, then why do I see three jackets, with three different inscriptions described for the back ???

CP

Quote Originally Posted by Casualfoto View Post
    I am pleased that they don't have that oversized pony on the right breast! However:
    - My screen displays the jacket as a "rust" color, I do hope this is computer glitch !
    - If you believe in One Flag, One Team, One Country, then why do I see three jackets, with three different inscriptions described for the back ???

CP
    Not a glitch. It's a brownish color.

Regarding your second question - that can only be answered by the USOC.
    Son - 2009 Hoyt UltraElite GTX/2013 Hoyt ProComp Elite GTX/2014 Hoyt ProComp Elite GTX

Quote Originally Posted by Casualfoto View Post

CP
    Yeah, that does seem weird. The three looks don't even seem like they are from the same team.
    <evidence><
    ..../............\.......
    Hoyt GM OR - Adcock ACS LB - Bickerstaffe ELB - USA Archery Level 2

"Complex problems have simple, easy to understand, wrong answers.” HL Mencken

Going to see if I can get an injunction to update the outfits to this america.jpg
    The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails.

One man's ceiling is another man's floor

brown.... great.... esp on a year where the u.s. is favored :T
    Alan

Again, this is what the USOC and Nike chose.

Someone of the two chose which sports are to wear what uniform.

NikeMedalStand.jpg

On a mild side note, here's the list of sports that will be wearing which uniform when they are on the podium.

On the left:
    U.S. Olympic Team: badminton, canoe/kayak, cycling (road, track), diving, gymnastics, judo, modern pentathlon, rowing, sailing, swimming, synchronized swimming, table tennis, taekwondo, tennis, track & field, triathlon, volleyball (beach), weightlifting

U.S. Paralympic Team: boccia, cycling, goal ball, judo, powerlifting, rowing, sailing, swimming, table tennis, track & field, wheelchair fencing, wheelchair tennis

In the Middle:
    U.S. Olympic Team: basketball, field hockey, soccer, volleyball (indoor), water polo

U.S. Paralympic Team: sitting volleyball, soccer, wheelchair basketball, wheelchair rugby

On the right:
    U.S. Olympic Team: archery, boxing, cycling (BMX and mountain), equestrian, fencing, shooting, wrestling

U.S. Paralympic Team: archery, equestrian, shooting

Quote Originally Posted by Beastmaster View Post
    I just got this from USA Basketball. This is the official podium wear for the various sports - including archery.

http://view.exacttarget.com/?j=fe511...7360027b761772

The third option (bomber jacket style on the right) is what USA Archery members, including Para, will be wearing in London on any podium runs.

-Steve
    Sorry, but I find it incredibly offensive that someone thought our Red, White, and Blue Flag colors should be Butt-Ugly-Brown, White and Blue. Did Red suddenly become politically incorrect?

"Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened." - Dr. Seuss

Think we could find a sponsor to outfit the team in these?

http://www.basspro.com/RedHead-Stars...0501137/392653
    Teach a kid to shoot! It'll last a life time

Sling-it Target Slings - Nothing but the best!
    Proud to support Vortex Optics <--- link
    Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Huntmaster View Post

Hehe...does this mean that our team members walk with a rightward slant? (Because the stars are always charging forward!)

Hehe...does this mean that our team members walk with a rightward slant? (Because the stars are always charging forward!)

I love them.....................they really stand out....................but they wouldn't wear something like these, so as not to offend anyone.

Oh yeah, of the three uniforms shown for our athletes...................... ...horribly bland................an all time low in uniforms for athletes from the greatest country in the world.

i like the look overall, but i do agree...not a big fan of the brown. even a dark red woulda been better. tho i'm all for the cheerleader/ice skater/pajama look too ^_^

The first and second ones look pretty awesome, and seem like they would look better for a "coolness" standpoint for promoting archery in the states...

... but that burnt orange is just god awful looking.
    --Dacota Taylor--
    --Beestinger stabilizers--Scott Releases--Axcel Sights--Gold Tip Arrows--Arizona Archery Club--America's Best Bowstrings--Alpen Optics--Hoyt--

So the USOC and NAA are allowing blue jeans in archery finally? ? Money talks ! ! 1
    Question the answers!..

Let's hear it for Team Nike!

Oh, wait a minute, it's Team USA, isn't it? ... hard to tell by the logo sizes.

Keeping to that raised eyebrow of "who's the dog, and who's the tail", I'm reminded of Mr. Cross's (President of University of Oklahoma back in the 40's, 50's) classic dry commentary regarding the emphasis at OU and Oklahoma for Oklahoma football, to wit "We're trying to build a university the football team can be proud of."
    L K S
    Laus Deo

Anyone still think the point of the Olympics is still sport?

It's all about marketing baby. Pure and simple. Sold to the highest bidder.
    Renegade Archer

Seriously??!! On the world stage, what would be so wrong with displaying pride in the NATIONAL colors? And perhaps it's just me, but what would be so wrong with team unity including... gasp... team uniforms? Hey, I get it. I've raced on cycling teams, played lacrosse, baseball, and now shoot competitive archery. Sure, the competition uniform isn't going to be the same. I wouldn't expect the gymnasts to wear swimmer's Speedos. But for the track suits for the podium? What's wrong with a team uniform?

And I second the comment about sponsor logos. The ratio of Nike Swooshes to American flags in that uniform is less than 4:1. That's almost disgraceful.

We can probably have a good healthy debate about what constitutes a healthy level of patriotism, but the National Ensign is red, white and blue, and a hell of a lot of folks have fought and died for what those colors stand for. And no, it's not just a sentimentalist idea. There was meaning behind those colors and they were chosen to represent the ideals and sprit of America. Red is for courage, blue is for loyalty, white is for honor. "The Red Badge of Courage," "True Blue"... these are phrases that endure in our national parlance for a reason. They mean something.

And aside from that, all around the world, national flags are how we associate and distinguish ourselves from those of other nations. Looks at World Cup attendees cheering for their teams.

So, what's so wrong with pride here in America? It seems to have become politically incorrect to be patriotic.

And yes, I'm on a soapbox, but I'll tell ya what ... this is really just the most recent example of a widespread trend that is troubling and a little bit sad.

m,

How right you are!

I can remember a few years ago when the new Superman movie came out, and the sniveling nitwit pinheads who wrote/produced the movie change Superman's motto from "Standing for Truth, Justice, and the American way" to "Standing for Truth, Justice, and all that stuff" - because they lusted for global distribution of their movie and didn't want to offend non-American viewers. Made me hurl dinner.

Companies like Nike have long since stopped seeing themselves as American companies - they see themselves as "companies of the world". That's one reason I'm a New Balance guy (New Balance still makes shoes in America - yea!)

Now if only limbwalker will have the good manners not to mention that I do drive a Japanese truck ...
    L K S
    Laus Deo

Everyone should note that the size of the Nike Logo is nothing even close to the full size horse on the Ralph Lauren sponsored uniforms. That horse is HUGE and makes all the uniforms look like they belong to a polo team. I'm not against sponsorship, but this horse thing is simply an insult to all Americans!

So does this mean denim will be in for FITA events from now on? Just saying....

Quote Originally Posted by bows'n'roses View Post
    So does this mean denim will be in for FITA events from now on? Just saying....
    No. Considering that this is what they are wearing on the podium and NOT while shooting, this really should be a moot point.

And, denim has been allowed for certain FITA events forever. You just have to shoot field.

-Steve

No. Considering that this is what they are wearing on the podium and NOT while shooting, this really should be a moot point.

-Steve
    Knowing how this works, they will be issued A jacket and told to wear it at awards. If they need a jacket for other times, guess what they will have?
    Teach a kid to shoot! It'll last a life time

Sling-it Target Slings - Nothing but the best!
    Proud to support Vortex Optics <--- link
    Coach

Those shirts aren't all that different from the ones worn at the 96' Games.
    http://www2.sharonherald.com/sports/...amlaugh30p.jpg

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast