a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Metal deer target...maybe called bionic buck...shooting event???????

Metal deer target...maybe called bionic buck...shooting event???????

has anyone heard of an event with a metal buck with ahole in it. guys start at 20 yards and work way back until everyones eliminated...

im helping with an archery shoot and im looking for something different and fun...

any videos of it would be awesome so i can show the other guys..

thanks
    larrry
    THE EQUIPMENT YOU USE MEANS NOTHING IF YOU DONT PUT IN ENOUGH EFFORT TO GET ON THE BIG BOYS

The Rhinehart R100 does that - the Iron Buck Challenge I think
    PSE Archery * Trophy Ridge * Rocket Aeroheads * Vortex Optics * The Buck Bomb * Under Armour * John's Custom Strings * DLC Covert Cameras

I dont have a video but I just shot at one at 30 yards yesterday. it was an unknown yardage shot as well had to guess the yardage on it. I was going to try it at 40 after 30 but I didn't want to press my luck at $15 an arrow.

2014 Elite Energy 35 < Hunting rig
    2013 OK Archery DST40 28.25"DL 370GR GT X CUTTER 71# DW=291FPS <3d machine

Here is the one that they use at the Rinehart 100.
    steel buck .jpg

Kev
    <><
    Kev <><
    2011 Black Supra 60# for target, 38" ATA
    2011 Black Supra 60# for hunting, 38" ATA
    "I have never let down and then wished that I hadn't."

Our club uses a steel goose; the Ft Collins club uses a steel turkey; the Loveland club uses "robodoe", a steel deer silhouette with a cutout. Typically these are used in 3D shoots as an unknown yardage bonus point. At Loveland they shoot it twice from different distances. I've seen it out to 55 yds.
    sine labore nihil

ive seen a couple just like mentalmisfit posted,i didnt shoot at since i only had 3 arrows left at the time but i got a good laugh at the guys that did press their luck lol i think 1 guy broke 2 or 3 arrows on it

I have seen these at a few local shoots. Looks fun but a lot of people break a lot of bullets.

Yea the R100 does it I won it at about 87 yards.
    Vantage Elite spots and dots, alien Z 3D, Warthog Hunting, Savanna long bow fun.
    Victory Pro Staff shooter
    Posten so the spot doesnt move.
    Level 3 community coach

"You missed. Try another one. Missed again. Try just once more..."
    Me thinks the "Iron Deer" is sponsored by the local proshops... so you end up buying more arrows.
    Appeal to a man's bravado and watch the cash register go "Cha-ching!"
    Very sneaky indeed!

Its fun listening to those not estimating the yardage correctly "Ching"

Are we sure we want to shoot at a target with a propane tank behind it? Yes its tougher than an arrow, but a lot of the fittings are not, and its conceivable that an arrow slide through between the two bales. Good way to have to buy a new tank of gas. Funny though
    [/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by kjwhfsd View Post
    Yea the R100 does it I won it at about 87 yards.
    Atta boy!!
    I live by my own rules (reviewed, revised, and approved by my wife).. but still my own-

Funny thing I didnt even notice the propane tank. That picture was taken with my go pro hero2 though so I think that tank is a lot farther over then it looks you would have to be a very very poor shot and miss by over 5 feet to hit that tank.

2014 Elite Energy 35 < Hunting rig
    2013 OK Archery DST40 28.25"DL 370GR GT X CUTTER 71# DW=291FPS <3d machine

Metal targets seperates the men from the boys and pro shops love them
    DB
    Archery is an addiction is for me. Vortex Binos, Trophy Taker Rest, Vapor Trail strings, OK-Archery DST 40, Eilte Z28 Bow, Carter/Scott releases, CBE sights, Goldtip arrows, B Stingers Stabilizers, Lancasters Archery, Slick Tricks, Vanetec Vanes, Elite Pulse

I absolutely love metal targets. Gets the blood flowing. As close to a hunting shot with buck fever as I can get during the off season. Smoker rounds, steel challenge. I always tell my shooting group that if they won't shoot at a steel target, they have no business shooting at a live animal at the same distance.
    Just shoot what you shoot, and hit where you aim.

Our 3D's usually have one on the range, unmarked yardage. There is the usual dozen arrows broken on the shoot by various shooters.
    Athens Ibex 65# QAD HD rest, Trophy Ridge React 5 pin 27" DL 343gr. DeerCr. 292fps.
    Athens Afflixtion 60# QAD HD rest, Trophy Ridge React One 27" DL 300gr. VAP 300fps.
    Athens Exceed 68# QAD rest Trophy Ridge 5 pin 27" DL 368gr. GT 270fps.
    Athens Staff shooter.

Our club has the Iron Panther! Panther Creek Bowhunters Springfield/Chatham, IL.
    PCB Iron Panther.JPG
    PantherCreekBowhunters.com

Looks like tons of fun but I am to poor a shooter to enjoy it. Would like to watch though.
    If your to busy to hunt.... Then your to busy - JASE

I can't afford to be smashing up my arrows..lol

Quote Originally Posted by Armed_AL View Post
    I can't afford to be smashing up my arrows..lol
    It really is a easy shot 99.9% of the time. It's the people that use bad arrows( because they don't want to mess up a good one) and those that let the its a metal target get in there head that hit the steel.
    Vantage Elite spots and dots, alien Z 3D, Warthog Hunting, Savanna long bow fun.
    Victory Pro Staff shooter
    Posten so the spot doesnt move.
    Level 3 community coach

Quote Originally Posted by Lazerbeans View Post
    Are we sure we want to shoot at a target with a propane tank behind it? Yes its tougher than an arrow, but a lot of the fittings are not, and its conceivable that an arrow slide through between the two bales. Good way to have to buy a new tank of gas. Funny though
    [/QUOTE]

You're not going to make a mark on that tank with an arrow, even shooting a 500 grain arrow at 400 fps.

Quote Originally Posted by mainehunt View Post
    Here is the one that they use at the Rinehart 100.
    steel buck .jpg

Kev
    <><
    I think I see my arrow in there.
    Hoyt Vector 35 - Hoyt V.E.+
    Viscosity strings

My club has an iron buck and an iron bear target. The deer has brown burlap covering it so you cant see where the hole is and the bear is covered with black felt. They have both of thes targets at 20 yards away and you shoot from a 12 foot platform. I think it makes it a little more of a challenge to shoot where you think the vitals are.
    2011 PSE X Force Vendetta XL, Truglo Super Slam Sight, Limbdriver Pro V, Vapor Trail Strings and Cables, B Stinger, Bling Sling, PSE X Quiver, Carbon Express Maxima Hunter 250, Rage 2-Blade
    PSE MILITIA

went to a indoor shoot where they had a metal plate with a cut out the size of the 10 ring at 30 yards if you made it you got a dozen aarrows !

anyone have any video of bionic buck " iron buck' event///i have a planning meeting and want to show how event workds
    THE EQUIPMENT YOU USE MEANS NOTHING IF YOU DONT PUT IN ENOUGH EFFORT TO GET ON THE BIG BOYS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast