Archery Talk Forum banner

Food plot on 55 acres

830 views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Posty 
#1 ·
Hey guys kindda new to food plots so I was wondering about the property I hunt. My brother n law and I hunt a small 55 acre peice with about 5 acres of hardwoods that is loaded with some red oaks. It also has a powerline that runs through it. The property is surrounded by corn and soybean fields. I was wondering if a food plot would be beneficial. I know that deer prefer white acorns over red. I was just curious if a food plot was worth my time.

#4 ·
actually corn and soybeans would be a good thing because the big fields may keep them off your plot until it gets growing good and once the big fields are harvested and yours is still standing then it will give them a place to eat and they will prefer standing beans over a cut field any day of the week

#5 ·
Sounds like you already have a great place to put in you food plot. Use the power line! Already cleared for you. We do that at our camp and it works wonders. And the power line company loves us for doing it because they don't have to mow it or spray it anymore.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.