Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Strings for PSE Bowmadness 3G

  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Argentina
    Posts
    11

    Strings for PSE Bowmadness 3G

    Hi colleagues,



    I need to replace the string and cable for a PSE Bowmadness 3G 2012. Can you help me with the specifications (dimensions and materials). I wish to make myself the strings.

    Thanks,
    Basajaun


  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    3,647
    do a search on string making you should be able to find it, its in this section on the top

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Attica New York
    Posts
    1,768
    Contact prestige archery!!
    2013 ROSS CRAVE DRT 33.5
    2014 ROSS HEADHUNTER, 2014 ROSS XD
    Prestige Archery shooting staff..HIPS Targets pro staff
    Black Eagle field staff..Carnivores for 3d and rampages for hunting
    ROSS Archery shooting staff..TREEZYN promotion staff

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    3,125
    Call PSE. They will send you a PDF of the strings with every spec you will need. They don't serve the idler but if I was you I would.
    Black DNA
    I'm YOUR dealer for STRICT 9 bowstrings!
    PM me for intstant string info
    PSE field staff

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by axeforce6 View Post
    call pse. They will send you a pdf of the strings with every spec you will need. They don't serve the idler but if i was you i would.
    tttttt
    PYRO Custom String Shooter
    "Torch the Competition"

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chillicothe Ohio
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by axeforce6 View Post
    Call PSE. They will send you a PDF of the strings with every spec you will need. They don't serve the idler but if I was you I would.
    Don't serve the idler it isn't served for a reason. You can get the string lengths from PSE's web site under support.
    2014 Xpedition Xcentric

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    JACKSONVILLE,FL
    Posts
    2,186
    Quote Originally Posted by helix33 View Post
    Don't serve the idler it isn't served for a reason. You can get the string lengths from PSE's web site under support.

    Im curious to why they dont? Since it is a reason
    M & M ARCHERY--NUCLEAR-CHICKEN BOW STRINGS GET NUKED!!!!
    HOYT---EASTON---COMPETITION ARCHERY PRODUCTS
    SCOTT--BCY--CBE--AXCEL

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brookfield, Missouri
    Posts
    1,098
    Quote Originally Posted by helix33 View Post
    Don't serve the idler it isn't served for a reason. You can get the string lengths from PSE's web site under support.

    Could you explain this, I have always served idler servings even if bow manufacture didn't. As long as there is enough room in the idler wheel what could it hurt? This makes a more stable string with no peep rotation. I have always thought that the only reason for the bow manufacture not serving the idlers was to save money.
    Custom Paracord Products over 70,000 feet of paracord in-stock, with 50 colors to choose from
    Authorized Ben Pearson and Bear Archery Dealer

    ------------------------------------------------------"www. archery-zone .com"------------------------------------------------------

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chillicothe Ohio
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by TJK View Post
    Could you explain this, I have always served idler servings even if bow manufacture didn't. As long as there is enough room in the idler wheel what could it hurt? This makes a more stable string with no peep rotation. I have always thought that the only reason for the bow manufacture not serving the idlers was to save money.
    The PSE Idler wheel on all of the Bowmadness lineup since it's inception is engineered and designed to not be served. It has to do with the way it's grooved and offset. When the bowmadness line was first introduced PSE warned about this, stating that serving over the idler could cause the string to come out of the track and derail the string from the bow. This was straight from the engineers at PSE who designed the bow. I have a JBK custom 8190 string on my 3g that's not served over the idler and I haven't had a bit of peep rotaion or instability in the string since it was installed. Also, if the owner of the bow is speed minded they will lose substantial speed serving over the idler.
    2014 Xpedition Xcentric

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Brookfield, Missouri
    Posts
    1,098
    I’m not trying to argue with you I just wanted to know the reason. I haven’t built that many strings for PSE bows but the ones I have, I have served the idler serving. I haven’t had any problems with them but I may rethink this before doing another. It just seems like most of the comments on here about no idler serving vs. idler serving people are saying to go with serving.
    Custom Paracord Products over 70,000 feet of paracord in-stock, with 50 colors to choose from
    Authorized Ben Pearson and Bear Archery Dealer

    ------------------------------------------------------"www. archery-zone .com"------------------------------------------------------

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    wisconsin
    Posts
    3,647
    Quote Originally Posted by helix33 View Post
    The PSE Idler wheel on all of the Bowmadness lineup since it's inception is engineered and designed to not be served. It has to do with the way it's grooved and offset. When the bowmadness line was first introduced PSE warned about this, stating that serving over the idler could cause the string to come out of the track and derail the string from the bow. This was straight from the engineers at PSE who designed the bow. I have a JBK custom 8190 string on my 3g that's not served over the idler and I haven't had a bit of peep rotaion or instability in the string since it was installed. Also, if the owner of the bow is speed minded they will lose substantial speed serving over the idler.
    i read your statment and to be honest with you i doubted it. so i called PSE a few minutes ago, and yes you are right the lady said we do not advise it altho many string makers do it. its not nessary as to the way the idler wheel is designed. and i just did a bowmadness a week ago and served the idler wheel, sorry for doubting you ED

  12. #12
    I always serve mine especially since some of their wheels had grooves in the that act like teeth. Bowmadnesses have them, Diamond outlaws have them. I have seen some chew up strings and a little serving over them helps wear in my observations so far.

    .03 worth..
    PYRO Custom String Shooter
    "Torch the Competition"

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    usually on the Range
    Posts
    723
    Quote Originally Posted by Basajaun View Post
    Hi colleagues,

    I need to replace the string and cable for a PSE Bowmadness 3G 2012. Can you help me with the specifications (dimensions and materials). I wish to make myself the strings.

    Thanks,
    Basajaun
    If you are replacing them and are building them yourself as you say you have all the info right there. The lengths are on the bow and you can spec out your own strings that are on your bow. There is really no other info that you need.
    Shoot only the Best
    www.extremebowstrings.com
    Martin Archery
    Copper John
    Luminocks

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chillicothe Ohio
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by TJK View Post
    I’m not trying to argue with you I just wanted to know the reason. I haven’t built that many strings for PSE bows but the ones I have, I have served the idler serving. I haven’t had any problems with them but I may rethink this before doing another. It just seems like most of the comments on here about no idler serving vs. idler serving people are saying to go with serving.
    No problem, I never took it like you were trying to argue with me and I definitely wasn't trying to argue with anyone either. Sorry if it came across like that.
    2014 Xpedition Xcentric

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Chillicothe Ohio
    Posts
    5,223
    Quote Originally Posted by edthearcher View Post
    i read your statment and to be honest with you i doubted it. so i called PSE a few minutes ago, and yes you are right the lady said we do not advise it altho many string makers do it. its not nessary as to the way the idler wheel is designed. and i just did a bowmadness a week ago and served the idler wheel, sorry for doubting you ED
    No problem my friend.
    2014 Xpedition Xcentric

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    DELMARVA(east coasrt)MID ATLANTIC REGION )WORLD WIDE DISTRIBUTION OF ANY ARCHERY PRODUCT
    Posts
    3,165
    jeremy mullens ie deerhunter81

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •