Thread: s30 v broadhead

s30 v broadhead

Has anyone got to try these out yet.. looks very well built,sharp and tough..look similar to the silver flames or german kinitecs..

Would be a pain to sharpen ... 59hrc might be a little too hard for a broadhead though, i'd be worried that bone etc would chip it. Great knife steel though. Pity they don't offer any in 1095. Other than that they look pretty good.

I don't see a link? Are the broadheads named S 30 v?

they are made by s&s and here is a link http://solid-broadheads.com/videos/

oh and you can take the bleeder out to sharpen..

also in the video he shoots it threw a steel plate several times and besides losing a tiny bit on the tip it holds up fine.

I love having American made equipment, but I recently fell in love with Silverflame. This might just be the broadhead I have been looking for. I think i will order a pack, I just hope they fly out of my set up. Silverflames fly perfect.

please let us know your findings.

They look good. And offer a deep 6 version too. That is pretty nice. I am going to give them a shot.

Can you get that little 'bleeder' out???? If not they are impossible to touch up!

The video shows that you can take the bleeder out. They look pretty decent but I'm a little concerned about the steel. Not that it isn't quality steel but I have heard that kind of steel is hard to put an edge on but when you do get it on it stays on for awhile. I have no experience at sharpening things so this broadhead would not be for me. Good for the ones that are good at sharpening though.

I really really really like the Carbon Express TX4...it's the exact same head design and you can find them $14.97 for 3

Its all about the Heat treat and edge geometry, not what kind of steel especially in a broad heads instance..
    Romey
    The sign of a marksman is not what we once did, because everyone has lucky shots from time to time. It's what you can do virtually every time, on demand

where do you find the xt-4 i havent ever seen them at my local shops? i would like to take a look at them and for that price could afford to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by mt hunter22 View Post
    where do you find the xt-4 i havent ever seen them at my local shops? i would like to take a look at them and for that price could afford to do it.
    XT 4: http://www.poorfish.com/p-7669-carbo...ingcode=google
    Nativ: http://www.poorfish.com/p-7669-carbo...ingcode=google

This is where I get mine....

They look impressive...then I saw the price tag! $75 for three heads is out of my price range.
    "His arrow will flash like lightning." Zechariah 9:14
    Hoyt Carbon Spyder 30, CBE Tek Hybrid sight, QAD Ultra Rest HDX, Injexion Arrows & Blazers, QAD Exodus broadheads, TightSpot quiver, Stokerized SS1 stabilizer, Spot Hogg Wiseguy release, Zeiss Conquest HD binocs, Leica 1000R rangefinder, Kifaru Timberline 2 pack, Bark River Gunny Hunter blade, Kuiu clothing, Lowa Cevedale boots

Subscribed