Thread: NAP Killzone Honest Review w/ pics

NAP Killzone Honest Review w/ pics

Ok folks, I am in no way associated with NAP. Nor am I an expert on archery equipment, however; I do have a bachelors of science in business administration so that should qualify me as a scientists... right??
    Anyways, I just got the Killzone's today and did a little testing. I only used one of the 3 broadheads provided.
    Equipment: 67 lb element RKT 27.5in dl VAP 350s

Out of the box Notes: Sharp... very sharp. Good looking broadheads with a very nice opening mechanism.

Accuracy: They are just as accurate as any other broadheads I have shot. They are not extremely forgiving but if you have good form and a good shot they will hit their mark.

First shots- The first couple shots showed that they were opened almost halfway on entrance through the cardboard

Then I removed the cardboard and shot into my Rhinobock

Then put the cardboard back (Note: The whole right above is from a g5 striker. Same POI much bigger hole with the NAP.) (40 yds)

shoots straight. (I realize it is to the right of the FP's but most of the shots were pretty straight when I held well (40 yds)

Accuracy: I would say they are accurate, I took more shots then I provided with pics and they were hitting pretty good at 40 yds.
    Noise: I think they are a little noisy. Not as much as slick tricks.
    Penetration: Hard to tell without a new target. They were reaching to the back of the rhinoblock. Not quite as far as the strikers.
    Durability: After about a dozen shots there was some wear on the broeadhead but still shot good and opened on impact. (notch in bottom center of ferrule is from a fieldpoint) (not the best pic)

My theory as to why it was not opening in cardboard right away is that the little black screw holding the blades was too tight. It loosened a little. I would recommend making sure it is a little loose and I always test my BH's so just make sure they are opening on impact.

Would I shoot them: I sure will. They will be used on some deer this year and I will see how they perform.

Have a wonderful weekend brothers.

Hoyt Element RKT, Victory Vaps, Spott HOG, QAD HDX

Nice review. I like the design of these heads much better than the Rages personally.

i like the review thanks for the insight bro

Quote Originally Posted by Super 91 View Post
    Nice review. I like the design of these heads much better than the Rages personally.
    Yes that's why I wanted to try them. I've shot rage and like them but hate any rubber bands or shock collars etc. these are very easy to handle and the blades set in nicely with fingers.

Nice review. Thanks
    ArcheryTalk is a Gun Free Zone. Check out www.GunTalkWorld.com for gun related items.
    Sending payment via PayPal Gift option? Bad idea

Best thing to loosen the screws is to push them into a piece of cardboard a couple times just enough for the wing blades to impact and open. This will allow the screws to loosen without dulling your blades and you will get a larger cut on impact.
    *2013 Obsession Sniper LT

Live in Louisiana, but hunt in Mississippi
    My practice tip doesn't fly with my field points.

Quote Originally Posted by tcarter86 View Post
    Best thing to loosen the screws is to push them into a piece of cardboard a couple times just enough for the wing blades to impact and open. This will allow the screws to loosen without dulling your blades and you will get a larger cut on impact.
    That is a good idea. I guess you realized the same problem?

Quote Originally Posted by kentwood1 View Post
    My practice tip doesn't fly with my field points.
    Are other broadhead's flying with your fp's?

Quote Originally Posted by bigbuckboy View Post
    That is a good idea. I guess you realized the same problem?
    I never had any problems with them opening straight out the pack but I just happen to see that once I shot the a couple times it did loosen up more. So instead of shooting my other two new heads I just did the card board trick and now all of them open with just slight pressure from your fingers.
    *2013 Obsession Sniper LT

Quote Originally Posted by bigbuckboy View Post
    Are other broadhead's flying with your fp's?
    Yes. T3's and Rages do, but the Killzone practice head flies lower.

Nice review....

Nice review.
    2013 elite answer snow camo #65 28" draw, custom black gold ascent, tourquless grip, limb driver pro v rest, specialty archery featherlight 8", g5 head loc quiver, easton bloodline 400 arrows, nap kill zones, grave digger broadheads, 361 grain arrow going 300 fps with 72 ft lbs of ke....... and loving every minute of it!!!

Hey bigbuckboy ! Its me Crazy Wolf ,... I was looking at these same heads in Cabelas catalog this week.

Your thoughts on how they compare to the Ole Rocky Mountain GATORS ? Those Gators put one heck of a hole in a animal and opened w/ ease ....

Crazy Wolf

i seen these on Ebay, how much will the blades cost? Ebay didn't have replacement blades.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Wolves View Post
    Hey bigbuckboy ! Its me Crazy Wolf ,... I was looking at these same heads in Cabelas catalog this week.

Your thoughts on how they compare to the Ole Rocky Mountain GATORS ? Those Gators put one heck of a hole in a animal and opened w/ ease ....
    Crazy Wolf
    I have shot the rocky mtn snypers before and did not like their opening mechanism w/ the rubberbands. This is the most simple and effective opening mechanism I have found on a broadhead, hence is why I ordered them. I think that if you poke them through cardboard a few times before shooting to loosen the screw they will easily open every time. I still would like to shoot them some more for some more accuracy testing but i think so far so good.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck21 View Post
    i seen these on Ebay, how much will the blades cost? Ebay didn't have replacement blades.
    Not sure on the availability of replacement blades. Yet. The best price on the heads I found was 34-35$ and .99 shipping at bowhunters supply store. And no I am not affiliated with them lol

I've been shooting one every day along with my FPs. Flies very well and after about 75 hits it still functions perfectly.
    I'm very impressed with the design and quality of this product.

i fount em on Ebay for $32 and $33 for the trophy tips lol

Quote Originally Posted by Buck21 View Post
    i fount em on Ebay for $32 and $33 for the trophy tips lol
    I like to support guys who support at

Good review, thanks for posting!
    Lien2

want to see what they do on an animal
    2011 Hoyt CRX32
    Spott Hogg- Hogg It Sight
    Trophy Taker Drop Away
    >>>---------Let ONE Fly---------->

Well I was wrong. They do fly with my field points. I was torquing my bow. I put a new grip on and they fly great. It was all me.