a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">

Thread: Best bag target??????

Best bag target??????

I have a place that I hang a bag between two trees and like the set up. However, the two bags I have used so far have not held up very well. The first one had a shoot through in the first 50 shots. I replaced it with another bag and I am now shooting past the vanes again. Have not been shooting at it very long. Will I have all this problem with all bags or are there some really good ones out their ????? Thanks !!!

"Every day is a Great Day, just some are Better than others!!!!!"

what bag were you using?

I've got the yellow jacket bag from Morrell and it works well. I wouldn't leave it outside though. Not that you can't, I wouldn't leave any target outside.

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/morr...ag-target.html
    USA Level 2 Instructor
    2012 PSE Supra ME, 47#,ACC, Davis sight;2012 Dominator Pro 3D 55#; DS Advantage; ACC's
    Win-Win Inno Carbon Riser/Tropics 36#(38 tof), Redline arrows 690- DS Advantage-282grn@ 195fps
    2010 Hoyt Vantage Pro, XT 2000, Sprls, Sure Loc W BE 6X, ACC's 408g @ 259

not a bag but i really like the ''spyderweb'' target i have . [hope i didn't send this twice ]

Nancy Pelosi
    2012 Elite Answer 28", 61lbs, HHA Otimizer XL5510 .010, QAD HDX, Doinker Dish, Surgical 340's, Square-Up, QAD Exodus & Ulmer Edge Broadheads
    2008.5 Elite GT500 28", 62lbs, HHA OpimizerXL5510 .010, QADS HDX, Doinker Dish, Surgical 340's, Square-Up, QAD Exodus and Ulmer Edge Broadheads

Timinator, I love your answer

What bag gets shot out at 50 shots? Can you just bang the bag around a few times to repack the stuffing?
    2014 Mathews Chill X
    2013 Bowtech Insanity CPX <----- Gone
    2005 Bowtech Allegiance <----Still here
    2003 Bowtech Blackhawk <----Still here

I have a hurricane bag I got at bass pro. One side has 9 (I think?) dots and the other has a silhouette of a deer with the heart, lungs, and liver marked. I've put a few hundred arrows in it and it's still going strong. Only thing you have to watch is the stuffing. Shoot too much on one side and the opposite side starts to look like an overly stuffed pillow. Usually I shoot each side equally so it hasn't really been an issue buy when I've noticed it I just lay it down and walk around on it until it's flat again.

That hurricane bag from bps is nice for 40 bucks. The bps brand bag is a little bigger and the same price. My experience is that yes the hurricane is a better bag. I say that because it was used for crossbows and the other for vertical bows. Different animal but I'd go with the bps brand for the size. They're a morrell with bps written on them
    Reflex Highlander
    Parker Viking
    1964 Herters Perfection Sanbar 50#

Coarse wool in a jute bag can't be beat & is a two finger removal, easy on your shafts & fletches & leaves your points smelling of lanolin fwiw ...course you need to have a wool sorting facility & coffee grinding establishment all close by - best tsrget bag system though I do store them along the side of a building - M

Timinator said:
    Nancy Pelosi
    That's hilarious

This is a great Bag-----

http://www.lancasterarchery.com/morr...ag-target.html
    I stayed up all night playing poker with Tarot cards. I got a full house and four people died.--Steven Wright

I've had my spyderweb target for around 2 years and its held up well. Don't leave them out in the elements and it should last even longer.
    Hoyt Vector Turbo
    RipCord Code Red
    8.5" B-Stinger
    BlackGold Vengence
    G5 Meta Peep