Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: hecs hunting clothing

hecs hunting clothing

OK Guys and Gals.....I am just looking for some honest input hopefully from anyone who has used the "Hecs Hunting System" clothing.

I have searched a little bit on the topic and cant find much....what I do find is hit and miss with strong opinions for or against the usefullness of these garments.

I will add that I am not a "gimmick" kind of guy....I have been bow hunting for over 25 years and usually dont buy into alot of these products....but something about this just wants to make me believe it is useful.

If you have any input especially first hand knowledge of the product I would like to hear about it please.

Thank you.

I haven't shot a deer yet while wearing it (just didn't see any) but I've had birds closer than ever before, including hawks at just a few yards.

They are a bit warm and are good for layering. I like their camo color/pattern too. I bought my Hec's on eBay.
    2012 Elite Answer 28", 61lbs, HHA Otimizer XL5510 .010, QAD HDX, Doinker Dish, Surgical 340's, Square-Up, QAD Exodus & Ulmer Edge Broadheads
    2008.5 Elite GT500 28", 62lbs, HHA OpimizerXL5510 .010, QADS HDX, Doinker Dish, Surgical 340's, Square-Up, QAD Exodus and Ulmer Edge Broadheads

thanks for the input.

ttt

Ok here's my story... It's a little long so bear with me. I have known Mike Slinkard, Bruce Brown and several others form winners choice/hecs for many years.When they 1st came out with the Hecs systems I was ultra skeptical, just like everyone else to the point of getting in VERY heated arguments with both Mike and a good friend of mine about the clothing. So much that it almost threatened a couple of good friendships.

After much debate, I finally tried a suit in 2010. I had one of the best years of my life. I took home a nice 300 class bull on my Sept 9th birthday, took a doe with only a chair and my bow, no blind or stand, and took a buck from the ground in late december while surrounded by other bucks and does. Oh and also a spring turkey that I shot 1st in the butt (not that tail) at 20 yards, then called him back in to 5 yards and killed him. All in all I thought that was pretty cool. After talking to Mike about it I told him I still wasn't convinced anything would have happened any differently, and decided to hunt 2011 without using it.

Bottom line, 1 doe was all I could muster up from august 30th to december 19th. I had lots of encounters but just couldn't end up sealing the deal. The one thing I did notice is a definite difference in how alert the entire herds were from the previous year, both elk and whitetail. As well as a couple of close and personal black bear encounters, and they were too. I am convinced that the suits do have an effect, and regardless what anybody else thinks, I have purchased 2 more suits. It will be again interesting to see how it affects the alertness of the herds, provided I can locate them.

Also, one of the places where I have experienced the "6th sense" is Iowa. Bucks come in, the wind is right, your not moving at all, and for some reason, they perk up, their tails raise, they get all alert and then slowly just walk off. Your left wondering what the heck just happened? All I needed was two more steps... I am waiting to see if I drew zone 6 with 2 points. If so, it will be interesteing to see if the Hecs has any effect. Fingers crossed...
    Many thanks to my family and friends through the years who helped me become who I am today.

thank you for posting, just the kind of first hand expierience I was looking for.

Not a problem. My true story to a "T" Now I'll show off a bit if I may... 2010 Hecs kills...

Many thanks to my family and friends through the years who helped me become who I am today.

I have no experience with the HECS suit, but I am fairly skeptical. If deer and other wildlife can sense the electromagnetic field that a human body emits, then how can anyone be successful without the suit? If HECS is the difference (and not sight or smell), then why does moving from the ground to a treestand better the hunter's odds? How is it that wild animals have this great 6th sense, but humans, the most intelligent and the most evolved of God's creatures, cannot sense the fields?

The guy on the infomercial wears the suit, but not a head cover? Where is most of the nerve activity in the body? Isn't it the brain?
    "In the deed, the glory"

Jake, Your questions have prompted me to do some research to have actual answers based on science and fact and not just opinion.
    1st off can animals sense the field we humans give off? Of course. Here is the science. Take the time to read it, it's quite enlightening.

http://www.hecsllc.com/images/HECSWildlifeStudy.pdf

Next is it possible to be successful without the suit? Of course it is. If not nobody could have ever been successful. The suit give you another advantage of making the animals less aware of human presence. Of course scent control and camo are also advantages as well, even if you fool their "6th sense"you not going to fool their nose. That is basic hunting 101. Also answers you obvious question of the advantage of a treestand. When you combine all three, it gives you a much greater chance of going undeteced, which is the goal, is it not?

Now then, We as humans can decect the fields to a varying degree and very accurately with electronic equipment that the Good Lord gave us the intelligence and ability to reason and create, and to watch over his creatures that we tend. It's my BELIEF that he gave them an advantage in that area, as well as the ability to smell better and blend in better as well. That's my opinion, but since you asked...

Lastly which gives out a stronger electirc signal, the brain or the heart? The heart by far. I found this on a medical blog:
    In addition to the extensive neural communication network linking the heart with the brain and body, the heart also communicates information to the brain and throughout the body via electromagnetic field interactions. The heart generates the body’s most powerful and most extensive rhythmic electromagnetic field. Compared to the electromagnetic field produced by the brain, the electrical component of the heart’s field is about 60 times greater in amplitude, and permeates every cell in the body. The magnetic component is approximately 5000 times stronger than the brain’s magnetic field and can be detected several feet away from the body with sensitive magnetometers.

The more I study it, the more it makes sense and and doesn;t sound like "snake oil". Hope this helps.

Thanks for the thoughtful repsonse. I am still skeptical though. If animals are able to detect EMF of other living creatures (not just humans), they how is a mountain lion ever successful at ambushing their prey?

I still struggle with the idea of this 6th sense. Humans can offset the advantages of the other senses by using camo, playing the wing, sitting silent and motionless, brushing in a blind or treestand, etc. so it makes sense that humans can stack the odds in their favor by paying atention to these small details. We can reduce the prey's effectiveness of these senses by our actions. 99.9% of hunters do nothing to reduce the effectiveness of the EMF sense, so how in the world are so many guys successful? Either animals can sense EMF and have the insticts to use this sense to their advantage or not. The fact that millions of hunter are successful while ignoring EMF makes me believe that animals do not sense the human EMF or do not have the insticts to react to the EMF.
    "In the deed, the glory"

Man, If a guy had this and secent loc ....

Ok ,, What kind of material is hecs made out of ?

Quote Originally Posted by jakedeaver View Post
    Thanks for the thoughtful repsonse. I am still skeptical though. If animals are able to detect EMF of other living creatures (not just humans), they how is a mountain lion ever successful at ambushing their prey?

I still struggle with the idea of this 6th sense. Humans can offset the advantages of the other senses by using camo, playing the wing, sitting silent and motionless, brushing in a blind or treestand, etc. so it makes sense that humans can stack the odds in their favor by paying atention to these small details. We can reduce the prey's effectiveness of these senses by our actions. 99.9% of hunters do nothing to reduce the effectiveness of the EMF sense, so how in the world are so many guys successful? Either animals can sense EMF and have the insticts to use this sense to their advantage or not. The fact that millions of hunter are successful while ignoring EMF makes me believe that animals do not sense the human EMF or do not have the insticts to react to the EMF.
    The pdf proves that they do react to it in many different ways. In a nutshell, is it a cure all that will make you completely undetectable? Of course not. Does it make a difference on how alert animals are when in your presence? Absolutely. No question in my mind, I've seen it with my own eyes, but granted it took me two years to see it and undetstand. Will people still be able to be successful in the field without it? Of course. Does it add another advantage like camo and scent control? Yes. Being skeptical is good, it means your not a fool. Whatever you decide is entirely up to you. I wont hunt without it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by ftshooter View Post
    Ok ,, What kind of material is hecs made out of ?
    86% polyester, 14% carbon. (Carbon weave making up the faraday cage)

And yes i will be going with some scent lok in the late season when the snow flies due to tje vertigo pattern. Sitka in the early season.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk 2

It is an interesting concept. I have never heard of it before and think i will look into it. I terms of the study it is very limited. This study is good as a starting point but there are way to many variables that are involved. First it is very narrow in how much data it shows. These types of studies need to be done over a period of months to years with different control groups, researchers and variables present. For instance how did they eliminate the inherent change in our behavior that happens when we know that we are wearing a garment that is a control or the test subject ( if it addressed this i did not read it). second were the tests done at the same time of day with the same atmospheric pressure and conditions ( these variable have a drastic effect on the human body in relation to emf). For the mule dead experiment did the observer follow a same path, at the same speed over the same distance every time. ALthough this study is really interesting and promising, and I am going to keep an eye on this garment over the next few years; i feel claiming that it is definitive science is misleading. I hope they do more studies and continue to publish them and for the price i might even try it out myself.

I just have a hard time believing something without concrete evidence; which has the potential to make some people alot of money. Not that I'm jealous, I just know what people can and will buy with the proper marketing. I imagine this HECS technology is not cheap to purchase.
    If something as subjective as scentlock and scentblocker can work (how many times don't you see people on the television get winded wearing the scent blocking clothes), then surely with the right marketing campaign, I'm sure HECS suits will make a few people rich beyond their wildest imagination.

I should have thought of this first...

B

Yes, I believe it works and I have one. Like most, I was skeptical at first about the suit - not about a animals abillity of the 6th sense. I teach hunters ed. and am a instructor with NBEF. I also guide and teach new hunters every year in hunting. I am always willing to try something new and see how it works becuase every year I will be asked about something new on the market from my students and I want to be able to give a honest opinion on it. Without going in to any great detail, I spent 9 years in the millitary with several combat tours - yes there is such thing as a sixth sense. Yes, I believe prey animals can sense danger. Bottomline, I will be wearing my Hecs suit when I hunt. I just wish it did come in different camo patterns. I like to wear Asat pattern becuase it breaks up a hunters outline so well - I wish the hecs would be offered in asat.

i like the idea. i feel that with proper scent control and the hecs suit with a proper wind it would elevate the opportunities to harvest a good deer. we have all had deer get spooky for no apparent reason and scratched our heads like what the hell! i will do anything to try and level the playing field against a 4-5 year old bruiser. those type of deer dont cut any slack
    Everything is obama's fault...

yep I agree with "Apache Pilot". I think that deer are becoming smarter becuase of more encounters with hunters. Any edge you can get is aplus and worth it. Most of us dont have allot of time to hunt with work and family obligations; in addition to hunting public land. There is no hunting product out there that is 100% effective all the time. However, it does not hurt to tilt the odds in our favor whenever possible. Not even the carbon suits are 100%. The hunting products are not as good as they are potrayed on the hunting shows. Hunting shows are not a good indication of what hunting really is. Never the less, I believe the HECS suit will help me be successful in my hunts and I will be wearing it. Do I wear carbon suits - no - I do not believe the benefit of them outweighs the cost of them. Instead, I use a little "nosejammer" and it has proven itself very well. For an individual gunter - you must consider what type of hunter are you. Are you strictly a trophy hunter - yes, a 4-5 yr old buck/doe will require you to take your hunting and hunting gear to the next level. A freezer filler/meat hunter may not feel the need for the hecs or carbon scent control outfits. Every hunter is different and what works for one may not be what another hunter needs or wants. Now with all that being said, bottomline in my oppinion - true hunting success (whether trophy or meat hunter) comes from having good hunting skill not technology, hecs or carbon suits - this stuff only compliments your skill. Anything you buy for hunting is only as good as your skill.

subscribed
    2012 Elite Tour
    2010 Elite Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Carter View Post
    The pdf proves that they do react to it in many different ways.
    Not trying to be a jerk, but the study does not prove anything. It is a cursory exporation.
    "In the deed, the glory"

I posted earlier, and like I said, I don't know how it works on deer, but you put the Hec's on and birds come closer to you than ever before. The still see you and are looking right at you but they aren't scared or alarmed of you being there.
    2012 Elite Answer 28", 61lbs, HHA Otimizer XL5510 .010, QAD HDX, Doinker Dish, Surgical 340's, Square-Up, QAD Exodus & Ulmer Edge Broadheads
    2008.5 Elite GT500 28", 62lbs, HHA OpimizerXL5510 .010, QADS HDX, Doinker Dish, Surgical 340's, Square-Up, QAD Exodus and Ulmer Edge Broadheads

Quote Originally Posted by jakedeaver View Post
    Not trying to be a jerk, but the study does not prove anything. It is a cursory exporation.
    Don't think that you are being one. That being said and for the sake of debate... What would be some parameters for a more accurate experement?

Wear an electricians grounding strap around your ankle with a wire ran to a stake in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Forrest Carter View Post
    Jake, Your questions have prompted me to do some research to have actual answers based on science and fact and not just opinion.
    1st off can animals sense the field we humans give off? Of course. Here is the science. Take the time to read it, it's quite enlightening.

http://www.hecsllc.com/images/HECSWildlifeStudy.pdf
    Relying on the manufacturer's own thoroughly unscientific propaganda from their website isn't really what I'd call "research" geared toward learning the science involved. In any event, this has all been dealt with numerous times here going back nearly three years....

http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showth...highlight=Hecs

Pay particular attention to the comments by jindydiver. There is not only no credible evidence that deer (or any other land animal) can detect the incredibly weak electromanetic field generated by humans, when you understand the basic physics and biology involved it becomes abundantly clear why.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast