a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Which finger bow and why?

think I like this bowhunter class...... thanks Boyd

Quote Originally Posted by rsarns View Post
    think I like this bowhunter class...... thanks Boyd
    You fit right in Ren.
    Super Tenere All-The-Way.

rsans, what state target are you shooting? I was going to shoot Washingtons but could not make it.
    Boyd... you have a PM.
    Well 1st day of State target in the books.... set the new state 1 day record.... need to keep it together tomorrow!
    Sights I dont need no stinkin sights

Washingtons, got to shoot with Clarence, Dan Croft, Gerald H David N., and Rob J. Great weekend, broke the 1 and 2 day Senior Bowhunter records. Wind was cranking today, scores were down a bit, but hung in there. The Maitland worked pretty good, think my control cable streched a bit as arrow flight was a bit shaky today.

there is a shadow cat on ebay right now for $450 I think it is.
    NWSpinner,com
    Become a string maker but don't waste your time wrapping your servings by hand check out the NWSpinner!

Teach a kid archery, you'll be rewarded with a lifetime of smiles!

I am shooting a Maitland Zeus at 30"DL barebow and have no problems. There are not many parallel limb bows short enough for hunting but with a reasonable ATA, so I was happy to hear about this bow....and was not disappointed. Not only is it so stable, it is one of the quietest I have heard. It may depend on your finger style; I shoot 1 over 2 under, although the 1 over it only just touching the string as as anchor. Good luck if you choose to change.

Zippy,
    I am shooting a Zeus right now, at 29.5" DL and it shoots great, however, the string angle is pretty severe, even though I get no finger pinch.

Zippy, there is a big difference in shooting a 45" bow and the 38" even with the long riser and parallel limbs for target shooting anyway. Looks like I will be trying out a Vantage LTD here soon, thanks Boyd!

Guys I can do a 43"ata bow if you are interested. around 7" bh.

Quote Originally Posted by maitland View Post
    Hmmm , Now that would be really interesting !!!

With 50-55% letoff? How about wheels with a valley?
    Gone crazy- be back soon

Rob,
    Tell me more! So would that be a Session plus? You know if it draws as sweet as that Session you had in Redding to demo.... the one that should have went home with me. :-)

There's about 4" difference in ATA between the Zeus and the Shadowcat!! The Zeus has a 37.5" ata. The Maitland Session is closer to the Shadowcat at 40.25" ata. God bless

Quote Originally Posted by Supermag1 View Post
    Mathews Apex 8 or Conquest 4 are a couple more to check out. If the Zeus is a bit too sharp of an angle for you, I doubt the similar sized Shadowcat will work either.
    2013 PRO STAFF SHOOTER FOR: * SURE-LOC SIGHTS...THE ICON * EASTON ARCHERY PRODUCTS * DOINKER STABILIZATION-ESTREMO PLATINUM SERIES!! * PROLINE BOWSTRINGS-THE ONLY STRINGS "CUZ" TRUSTS!! * SPECIALTY ARCHERY PRODUCTS * FLEX-FLETCH PRODUCTS...FF-187!! * CARTER RELEASES-SIMPLE 1's BY vftcandy!!!! * ACCUNOCKS * A BIG THANK YOU TO ALL MY SPONSORS!! * AND A SPECIAL "THANK YOU" TO JESUS CHRIST & MY WIFE AND KIDS!!!

I just got a new to me old Oneida aero force to have a tinker with , shot it last night for a bit and will again tonight , very long tip to tip and no finger pinch , its a bit noisy but I think it might be fun for some IFAA indoor rounds
    co-founding Member of Team FB4L

Where can I find out more about this option? I have personally never shot a Maitland but the Session looks like a shooter. How is the valley and what would the expected letoff be?

I was about to pull the trigger on a new Barnsdale, two totally different bows for sure but would like look into this alittle further.

Quote Originally Posted by JMLOWE View Post
    Where can I find out more about this option? I have personally never shot a Maitland but the Session looks like a shooter. How is the valley and what would the expected letoff be?

I was about to pull the trigger on a new Barnsdale, two totally different bows for sure but would like look into this alittle further.
    I'd PM Rob Maitland (Maitland) on this forum, he can explain more. I can tell you from shooting a Session and a Zeus, they are both great bows, that Session is so smooth its amazing.

I know this gets a little overwhelming, but here is another option. I got New Breed to build me a Horizon, with a 7 3/4" brace height. Its 39.5" ATA.

From what I can tell, the Athens, the New Breed, and possibly the Maintand (not familiar with it) are similar. I believe the first two have the approx same length and BH, and have the binary cams with a firm wall. I found I like the wall. Some find they much prefer the valley. I guess you just have to try everything that you can.
    Most religions teach that you earn salvation by keeping rules. Jesus didn't teach that "good people" go to heaven. He taught that "forgiven people" go to heaven. And He invited everyone, no matter what their past, to come to Him and be forgiven.

Just picked me up a 2011 shadowcat and love it. Smooth draw, easy to shoot, no finger pinch with the longer ATA. If you can shoot one, try it. The only downside is they're no longer made. That said, Martin has a great customer support and warranty is good.

I had to call Martin last week about one part...arrow shelf. Got one sent for nothing. After talking to them I felt that they'd warrant anything on the bow even though its no longer in production.
    USA Level 2 Instructor
    2012 PSE Supra ME, 47#,ACC, Davis sight;2012 Dominator Pro 3D 55#; DS Advantage; ACC's
    Win-Win Inno Carbon Riser/Tropics 36#(38 tof), Redline arrows 690- DS Advantage-282grn@ 195fps
    2010 Hoyt Vantage Pro, XT 2000, Sprls, Sure Loc W BE 6X, ACC's 408g @ 259

rsarns,

It's been a while since your opening post. Did you find anything?
    If you blame others for your failures, give them credit when you succeed!

Bible,
    Yep, I talked Boyd out of one of his Hoyt's, a Vantage Pro with xt 3000 limbs and cam and half plus, its a shooter. I also convinced Pops (Gerald Hickman) that his pretty green Vantage LTD needed to go home with me... LOL I am waiting on some 92 def limbs and cam's to convert the LTD to be a match to my other bow. I will tell you for a recurve guy who is shooting both classes, these bows shoot like a dream. My only quandry is which bow do I shoot at which tourney? My heart is with the recurve, but this bowhunter class is a blast also. Most likely be shooting the Hoyt's in Vegas this year. Rob Maitland is coming out with a new bow this year, its the "X factor" and supposed to be 42" ATA 7 3/4 BH, with his medium cams, sounds like a pretty nice bow. He will have it at the ATA show, and of course on display in Vegas..... where I hope to test shoot it..... Sounds a lot like a Session with faster cams and longer ATA....

Ren

Good to hear! I shot traditional archery pretty much exclusively for over 15-20 years. I am thoroughly enjoying shooting FSL now, but the class is almost extinct. It would be fun to shoot barebow again, but for now FSL has my eye. Enjoy those Hoyts!
    If you blame others for your failures, give them credit when you succeed!

Bible,
    Yep, I talked Boyd out of one of his Hoyt's, a Vantage Pro with xt 3000 limbs and cam and half plus, its a shooter.

Ren
    Yes you did and I couldn’t be happier for you. I was pretty sure you’d love it... and if I do say so myself, I was right!!!
    Super Tenere All-The-Way.

Quote Originally Posted by Boyd View Post
    Yes you did and I couldn’t be happier for you. I was pretty sure you’d love it... and if I do say so myself, I was right!!!
    You didn't sell ren a bow with cam&1/2 did you?
    Gone crazy- be back soon

Quote Originally Posted by itbeso View Post
    You didn't sell ren a bow with cam&1/2 did you?
    Cam and half plus... Boyd says I will show you how good they shoot at Vegas.... :-)

I have a Vantage Ltd in the classifieds under target bows that needs a good home with a fellow finger shooter that will appreciate....and use it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast