a href="http://www.lancasterarchery.com/archery-classic-register/#header">
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Which finger bow and why?

Ohio Shredder,
    I am interested in your Vantage limited if it is still for sale. Can you please PM me.
    Regards
    Matt

Ttt reading for some of the new members
    Most religions teach that you earn salvation by keeping rules. Jesus didn't teach that "good people" go to heaven. He taught that "forgiven people" go to heaven. And He invited everyone, no matter what their past, to come to Him and be forgiven.

Guys, if you get the chance to shoot an Athens I highly recommend it. I'm currently shooting the excel and love it!
    Athens Staff Shooter
    Athens Excell (finger tab)
    Athens Afflixtion
    Tru Ball/ Axcel Staff

Hands down apex 8!!!!!!! I've won all ibo events this year with this bow.

I know this doesn't have anything to do with what the OP is asking but, as i've said i'm just getting back into archery.
    could someone explain what the Bowhunter class is, when I shot I was in the barebow class, what is the difference ?

One anchor point index finger must touch the nock a 12" stabilizer vbars ok.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lamarjc View Post
    I know this doesn't have anything to do with what the OP is asking but, as i've said i'm just getting back into archery.
    could someone explain what the Bowhunter class is, when I shot I was in the barebow class, what is the difference ?

Quote Originally Posted by MR get greedy View Post
    Hands down apex 8!!!!!!! I've won all ibo events this year with this bow.
    I have one brand new this year... but my Maitland X-Factors are what I shoot.... and I have done pretty well this year... :-) ( set State records in BH class in MC Indoor, Blueface Indoor, Field, and 3D) They are smooth and fast.
    I am not Trad, I just like shooting recurves and longbows.

Quote Originally Posted by rsarns View Post
    I have one brand new this year... but my Maitland X-Factors are what I shoot.... and I have done pretty well this year... :-) ( set State records in BH class in MC Indoor, Blueface Indoor, Field, and 3D) They are smooth and fast.
    Lucky Rsarns

I would buy an x-factor unseen....but
    The problem is: dealer (Germany) is waiting already a few month for the ordered bows.
    I think i will get one of the 2013line in 2015

I got the Alpine concord and it sure is a shooting machine. I set it up for release and I have it at 29 inch draw and 60 lbs peak weight. I put just a kisser button on it and was playing the other day and went back to my finger tab, and draw under the chin and put the kisser in the corner of my mouth and wow. Who needs a release. The old fingers still work .
    SOB (Sweet Old Bill) Bill Olmesdahl
    Sand Dune archery club MB SC,
    Gibertville rod and Gun NY,
    Seniors archery 3D/ hunt Oneonta NY

What about making this thread a sticky? Seems like good reading for guys wanting to play with come over to fingers
    Most religions teach that you earn salvation by keeping rules. Jesus didn't teach that "good people" go to heaven. He taught that "forgiven people" go to heaven. And He invited everyone, no matter what their past, to come to Him and be forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by systembowtech View Post
    Lucky Rsarns

I would buy an x-factor unseen....but
    The problem is: dealer (Germany) is waiting already a few month for the ordered bows.
    I think i will get one of the 2013line in 2015
    Looks like Rob has another batch of X factors going through soon
    I am not Trad, I just like shooting recurves and longbows.

Thank You for your reply,

I just picked up a Martin Septer V.
    If any of you can get your hands on one to shoot,you have to try it.
    I thought I would never find a better finger bow than the Shadowcat, I did.
    For me, I would say this has to be about 5 times what the Shadowcat is.
    Super smooth draw cycle and so dead in your hand when you shoot you can't tell you let go of the srting.
    Anyone want a Shadowcat....
    Don.
    I shoot for...
    Louie Rangle-Gator Vanes
    Deer Crossing Archery-LD Target Shafts-Specialty Archery-Timberdoodle ll-Bow String Depot
    I shoot these bows...Martin ScepterV, Shadowcat
    I shoot bowhunter-not barebow..non-sights and fingers.

I haven't heard anyone mention it yet, but I'm currently shooting a Strother Moxie and I love it. It's only 37" ATA but at 29" DL I'm not getting any finger pinch.
    The solid backwall took a bit getting used to, but now I'm shooting the best I have in years. One of the quietest bows I've ever shot as well..

I use a Mathews Conquest TRiumph. Only 39" so 1 1/2 inches shorter than the conquest 4 but I love it. I shoot split but after I anchor I drop my index finger. Makes a world of difference. Just make sure you adjust your peep site if you use one or you will end up dropping your head forward to get the peep aligned.

Don

Gary is right. Longer ATA bows shoot the highest scores period. I went to a Astro Regency bow with Carbon before they went under with a 48 ATA and hit A class in FSL. My highest score was shot on a Hoyt Pro Vantage. The best Finger shooters in FITA are much longer than a 48 inch compound. And they shoot 90 meters. That's a complete football field end zone to end zone.

Dropping in to say my current (and first) bow is a lefty 1995 Hoyt SuperStar Legacy, 45" A2A, currently shooting with fingers. I don't think I'm going to transition to release, still getting into to archery, less than a months experience. Have been trying to find any and all info I can out about the SuperStars.

Been to the range one time since I bought it and I was definitely not killing any dots. Learning form and all haha.

Glad to see a portion of the site dedicated to finger shooters. Thought I was alone because I'm a cheap, broke college student :P

I will add a Bowtech Brigadier!

curious no one added a Prime One... just perfect with fingers !
    G5 Prime One - Red target - fingers shooted - DCAP ministab, what else ?!

Well....coming from a life long fingers shooter, (with target panic) the PSE Freak has been awesome for me. 38+ ATA, 7 3/4" brace height. Fast for a longer bow, extremely quiet but very forgiving! Just my opinion though.

Brian

Brian,

I have fought my way out of TP. I cannot say I have beaten it entirely, but it is way, way, way better and virtually gone. So if you want to chat about it shoot me a PM.

About the PSE, is it a current offering? I have never touched a PSE.

Mitchell

Quote Originally Posted by Fingers6914 View Post
    Well....coming from a life long fingers shooter, (with target panic) the PSE Freak has been awesome for me. 38+ ATA, 7 3/4" brace height. Fast for a longer bow, extremely quiet but very forgiving! Just my opinion though.
    Brian
    Been looking for a Hoyt or Martin as per this threads recommendations, when my son brought around a PSE Freak. I am amazed how well it works with fingers. I tried a Supra last year but it pinched. The Freak is way more finger comfortable and it's fast, way faster than most of the finger bows discussed here. I think this bow has a lot of potential.
    2012 PSE Freak 42 barebow, Fingers
    2012 Hoyt Vector Turbo 50#, QAD,
    2010 Hoyt Alpha Max 50#,tt blade, 3D Hinge
    Bear Take-down 55# -- Martin X200 @45#-- Martin Savannah @35#
    Working on a "warf" Hoyt Spectra

Soooooo, I guess we don't find out about day two.

oooh the suspense......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123