Archery Talk Forum banner

Switching to a feather rest

9K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  WindWalker 
#1 ·
Currently shooting off the shelf w/ a Bear Hair Rest w/ a toothpick stuck in beneath it on my Bear Custom Kodiak T/D (green strip from 1982 or so).

Considering getting (or making) a feather rest --- I reckon I'll need to re-tune, starting w/ adjusting my knocking point (I use a tied on one) --- was thinking I'd simultaneously get a new string, so that if I don't like it, I can easily switch back.

Any other thoughts / considerations? I read in one thread that wild turkey feathers are far more durable for this (and other uses)....

If I mislike how much it raises the arrow, how much can I trim it down and still have it work?

#3 ·
I don't believe 3Rivers carry them anymore. At least that is what the employee there called and told me a couple months ago about the ones I had on back order. I had only ordered a couple to compare with the ones I get from Trap's Feather Rests anyway so no big deal.

#4 ·
We'll see. I found this:

Wild Turkey Feather Arrow Rest
Item Number: 3562X
Price: $8.99

http://www.3riversarchery.com/product.asp?i=3562X

and tossed it in the cart along w/ 2 doz. TrueFlight 4" Right Wing Shield Feathers and some white Bohning cap wraps (hopefully these will be thin like the first pack I bought, not thicker and hard to apply and unwilling to stick down at the seam like the second pack).

Anyone every tried using a marker or paint on a vinyl arrow wrap?

William

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.